pixeltracker

"SHAIMless" HAIRSPRAY Movie pics- Page 5

"SHAIMless" HAIRSPRAY Movie pics

DramaQueen700 Profile Photo
DramaQueen700
#100re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:57pm

awwwwwwww. i know cassie silva! shes so young, not even a senior yet. i heard she was doing the movie, and she looks lovely! SO PROUD!

"The Light in the Piazza....My Love"

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#101re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 8:00pm

Ruff - thanks for putting excellent words to my simple statement earlier today.

It's a different medium. Plain and simple. Not to mention, as Marc said, it's just a costume fitting.

Ruff - these are passionate people. Think of their energy as excitement and eagerness - not at all a negative. People will always have things set in their head how they could or should be. But I urge everyone to wait until something is actually on celluloid before passing any judgement. Just like you shouldn't "review" a reading or workshop.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#102re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 8:00pm

Yay. Thanks so much for posting these.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#103re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 8:07pm

ruff- good luck with all the costumes, I like what I see so far!

I understand the differences with the costumes, in terms of Theatre and Theatrical releases... and I like the direction you are going with.

My mom was a Sophmore in '62 and she enjoyed these pitctures. Of course that was '62 in Los Angeles, and regionally 'daily outfits' were a little different when comparing them to Baltimore.
The one thing she told me was "There must be mohair sweaters!" :)

Good luck again!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Playbill9117 Profile Photo
Playbill9117
#104re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 9:06pm

See there, all of the constant kvetching got our beloved Marc Shaiman in trouble with his director. Poor marc just wanted to share something that he was excited about, and those of you who would DIE to be considered a friend of his can't even support his new project with a postitive attitude. "Opinions are like a**holes..."

bwayondabrain
#105re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 9:23pm

great pictures!
thanks very much, Marc!
i especially love the picture of the lead cast members- they all seem great!
and i also really like the costumes- they fit well with the real 60's attire, even more than the show

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#106re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 9:51pm

playbill- the costume designer isnt really marcs director.

but i agree. Marc is doing such a great thing, dont disrespect him or the pictures, or else he will stop all together. Don't spoil it for the rest of us who just eat up this kind of stuff.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#107re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 11:00pm

ruff - thanks! Cant wait to see more!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#108re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:48am

Where are the pink pants?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#109re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:56am

so adorable.

after a frustrating night at rehearsal, these pics just made my day - thank you so much for sharing :)

I'm soooooo excited already for this movie!!!!! yay

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

jimnysf
#110re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 2:20am

Well, the pictures were nice to see while they lasted. Thanksfor sharing them earlier but I never did get to see Fender.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#111re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 2:22am

Aww...I apparently JUST missed seeing all of those pictures. Dammit. My timing is $hit as ever. But thanks for sharing! Any way I could visit the set in Toronto and do some intervierws with the stars for BroadwayWorld? :)

Akiva

Playbill9117 Profile Photo
Playbill9117
#112re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 3:21am

For those of you who are reading this thread for the first time, please note Marc Shaiman himself, despite a busy Broadway career, as well as the obligation to fly from NYC to Canada once a week took the time to post some really cool sneak peak shots of the actors in the new HAIRSPRAY film wearing some of their costumes. However, the many highly qualified costume designers who frequent this board decided that the costumes were not quite up to par with their high standards. As a result, the costume designer for the film was forced to post on this board and defend his work to the aforementioned highly qualified theatrical professionals. Subsequently, the photos were removed.

The points I make may seem redundant. However, I do grow quite tired of the constant complaining that occurs on this board. I implore the readers and members of this board to realize that the people to whom you post nasty messages are real. They may not be able to confront you in person, but rest assured that they do exist; and the things you say to them may well affect their lives.

The fact that I even took the time to post such a lengthy message admittedly seems quite ludicrous, but not when you consider the many unnecessarily hurt feelings which have resulted from this message board being frequented by the wrong kind of people. The kind of people who haven't the self esteem to talk to people in their everyday lives, so they come home from their gray cubicle and decide to make everyone as miserable as they are. This behavior is completely juvenile and has no place in a public forum.

That's pretty much it. -sorry if you hate me more than you already did.

cpnchicago
#113re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 10:59am

Playbill, I totally agree. I don't post that often, but felt the need to post now. My mouth literally dropped the at the first negative comment and then I was just shaking my head at the next few. Granted MOST of the replies were respectful and positive, as they should be, but I could NOT believe that some people would have the cajones to criticize after he allowed us this sneak peek. It shows their immaturity and lack of respect for someone who is clearly more talented and experienced than themselves. If you don't like it, tell your mom. Don't disrespect a professional who is proud and excited and blessing us with his insight and excitement.
Thank you again, for posting the pictures, even for a short time! The vast majority of us LOVED them and understand that bright, garish costumes that look great on stage would look silly on film.

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#114re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 11:15am

I'm so glad Brittany is in it too (to echoe some of your all's earlier sentiments). I just heard the American Dreams soundtrack (LOVED the show) and she sings backup on a track and I thought wow she has a nice voice, i'd like to hear more...cant wait! :)

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#115re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:46pm

I am sure Marc knows the huge amount of support and adoration for Haispray as well as for him and Scott, that most of us have !! As already said, comments are out of our love for the show and our wish for the film to be a huge critical and commercial success !!
Ruff, I am certain that the costumes will look fabulous !!!
Updated On: 8/2/06 at 12:46 PM

WeddedBliss22 Profile Photo
WeddedBliss22
#116re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 1:29pm

Oh Drat! Well it was swell while it lasted, I don't think it was negative having those pics up for a bit, it made me VERY EXCITED about the upcoming movie! You hit the bullseye on the costumes Ruff, well done!!!!!

Marc Shaiman is a treat and a half for always caring about the fans and being one himself, it's rare and wonderful, I wish I could play Penny in the movie, haha!

Tina Maddigan, who plays Sophie in the biggest role of her young career, remembers "bouncing on the sofa as a child at home in Newfoundland, listening to ABBA records." GO TINA!!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#117re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 5:31pm

What the hey happened to the photos? Seriously?

PEACE.

#118re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 5:38pm

Those pictures are great.

I just saw She's The Man, the other day, and it made me adore Amanda Bynes because she's such a great comedic actress and John Tucker made me really fall in love with Brittany Snow. So those two are perfect && Nikki looks so cute. Zach is still growing on me, but I trust Marc and everyone invovled with the movie and trust they know what their doing.

rubyslippersxo
#119re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/2/06 at 7:40pm

Thanks for the great pics!

Playbill and cpnchicago - I completely agree.

pandajen14 Profile Photo
pandajen14
#120re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 9/10/06 at 1:18pm

Everybody really looks the part, and they're all absolutely adorable! I'm definitely excited for the movie.

"Writing should be easy, like a monkey driving a speedboat..." -[title of show] "I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and meet up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

sweeneytodd2
#121re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 9/10/06 at 1:33pm

Polite criticism on a message board is not being disrespectful.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#122re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 9/10/06 at 3:59pm

Well as was once remarked to me as to why someone had stopped posting "i just got tired of arguing with thirteen year olds". I might add especially those of whom that is their emotional age if not chronological.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#123re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 9/10/06 at 4:46pm

Blah, where are the pics?

Ready 2 Defy Gravity Profile Photo
Ready 2 Defy Gravity
#124re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 9/14/06 at 1:53pm

I hope Welcome to the 60's and Without Love are as good on film as they are on stage.