pixeltracker

May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!

May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#0May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:07pm

Yes. Here it is!

It looks well made, to say the least. The Jury's still out for me. I'm not quite sure what I think. I know that I HATE Dakin's hair. but other than that... it looks a bit... silly-d out.

I still think it looks really great though, and it's awesome to hear my favorite lines and see them on screen!

I'm so happy!!!
Le Trailer

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:11pm

I'M IN LOVE!

Dominic, marry me!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#2re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:13pm

Lord, how awesome is Jamie Parker's face while playing the piano for Sam as he sings to Dakin!!??

I'm SO EXCITED!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

ThankstoPhantom
#3re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:17pm

I'm glad it's coming out as a movie. It'll give me a chance to see it...since I am obliged to see a different show, and can't afford to full trips to NYC in such close amounts of time.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 8/17/06 at 11:17 PM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:18pm

I'm in love I'm in love I'm in love I'm in love I'm in love I'm in love I'm in love !!!!!!!!!!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#5re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:19pm

Thank you for posting this!! IT looks so good.

jo
#6re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:19pm

double post

Updated On: 8/16/06 at 11:19 PM

jo
#7re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:20pm

The movie HISTORY BOYS is being released (no indication if it is going to be on wide release) in America on November 22, according to BoxOfficeMojo.

Another movie being released on the same day ( wide release) is one featuring another Tony winner, Hugh Jackman, in the much vaunted Darren Aronofsky film THE FOUNTAIN.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=bydate&release=&date=2006-11-03&showweeks=4&p=.htm

Scroll down to the date November 22.

commasplice
#8re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:21pm

Damn my lack of speakers! It looks great, though. I don't see a lot of movies, but I'm looking forward to this one.

RadioTV2 Profile Photo
RadioTV2
#9re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:23pm

This is actually a GREAT trailer and actually could create great interest, so well done!

Check out the Tony Awards Haven! www.tonyawardshaven.com

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#10re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:24pm

"Although it is the reason why I'm not seeing the Broadway mounting...if the film were to be out next year, I'd see it on Broadway, but it's too soon afterwards."

ThankstoPhantom, you can't be serious. You are letting the movie's opening prevent you from seeing the stage version? Why not just see the stage version, and wait until the movie is released on video if it is too soon after. The Broadway show is not a production to be missed!!! re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#11re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:25pm

bjh you beat me to it! The Play is going to be MUCH better. the staging is better.

GO SEE THE PLAY GO SEE THE PLAY. it's amazing and will blow your mind.

sundaymorning6am
#12re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:30pm

I'm sorry. I'm slightly out of the loop. When did they film this?!

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#13re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:31pm

AHHHHH! Please say this is coming out in wide release someday!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#14re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:32pm

"I'm sorry. I'm slightly out of the loop. When did they film this?!"

Between the London run and the Broadway run.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#15re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 11:43pm

Yes, I believe it was sometime after the first tour ended. Or maybe during the tour. I dunno.

curly120
#16re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/17/06 at 12:03am

Fun trailer! At first I was a bit upset with the movie poster labeling it as a comedy, but the trailer really is funny! I just hope that filmgoers will find the heart in the story that is so present in the stage version. And it was definately weird seeing them outside, and wearing normal clothes besides their black suits!

And yay for no obstructed view!! It'll be nice seeing it for once without all the desks in the way!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#17re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/17/06 at 12:04am

It's looks brilliant! It's amazing how a film can really open up a theatrical script, it seems so different, yet the same. But I agree, you must see the stage production. It's a thing of beauty.

btw, did anyone else see this week's entertainment weekly? nice full-page article and pic on samuel barnett!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

blueroses
#18re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/17/06 at 12:24am

DOMINIC!

*faints*

Thank you for posting this. I can't wait.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#19re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/17/06 at 12:34am

it looks very...theatrical.

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#20re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/17/06 at 1:42am

The stage version is perfection so anyone who opts not to see it when they have the chance is, in my opinion, missing out on sheer greatness.

As if I weren't excited for the movie enough already, this trailer is something I'm going to be in love with until its out.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#21re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/17/06 at 2:05am

I guess I missed out BTS re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!.

So, how many times have you watched it oh BTS?????? re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#22re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/17/06 at 2:07am

You did miss out and I'm never letting you forget that!!

And how many times someone has seen it is not the question. :-p

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#23re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/17/06 at 2:25am

This made my day. Sooo excited.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

Luckydave14
#24re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 8/17/06 at 2:32am

It looks really good. I must go see it on Broadway before it is gone.

This definately will not be the trailer playing in American cinemas as they used the "F" word at least twice.

Videos