Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#0Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 1:54pm

So many good things surfaced today, so I decided to post them here. First off let me say, "these photos are unapproved, papparazzi shots, and not to be taken as representative of the color, mood, lighting or performances of the actual film."

Please lets not start any Wars...

This stuff makes me so happy-

Walken on break in Tracy diguise:

This cool logo is on location signs, (not sure if its the new logo or not - but I loves it)

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Wildcard
#1re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 2:56pm

Thanks for the pics Mateo. Man, that Christopher Walken photo is gonna give me nightmares. re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)

#2re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 2:59pm

Did I miss the announcement that Christopher Walken will be playing Tracy? All I can say is-- If Marc says he's OK I'm all for it!

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#3re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 3:00pm

Walken's legs are sooooo scary, but I'm stoked to see him!

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

JHartnow Profile Photo
JHartnow
#4re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 3:30pm

Those are great...thanks for posting them Mateo. There was a full color picture of Travolta and Blonsky in costume two weeks ago in the USA TODAY delivered to our hotel in Orlando. I don't know if anyone else saw it...not bad. Travolta is an interesting, yet seemingly appropriate, casting choice.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#5re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 3:30pm

Love it all.

JHartnow Profile Photo
JHartnow
#6re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 3:32pm

re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)

Ah...there's the picture they ran in USA TODAY!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#7re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 4:18pm

you are welcome guys!

The production design on this film is really quite remarkable.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#8re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 4:30pm

Mateo you are awesome. Have you sent any updates to www.aintitcoolnews.com? I'm sure Hairy and his readers would love a scoop espeically the Travolta/Walken pics.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#9re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 4:36pm

no i havent...

I'm not official and I dont want to mislead anyone thinking I am. I wouldn't want to go to another website representing the film. The blog is cozy enough for me. :)

I am sure they will find those pics eventually- If they havent already.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Wildcard
#10re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 4:44pm

The talkbackers at Aint-It-Cool are so insecure of themselves and can be nasty to musicals. They're better off finding it themselves if they really wanted to see these (the blog was recently linked on Pinkisthenewblog.com).

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#11re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 4:49pm

Woah, thanks wildcard. I just checked that site and they did link my blog. weird...

of course they never have anything nice to say.

Thats why I will just stick to my blog.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

mejusthavingfun
#12re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 4:49pm

Woa congrats! Pink Rocks!

augustine73 Profile Photo
augustine73
#13re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 4:57pm

thanks for the pics. theyre making the movie in toronto near my street. they actually closed the whole blocked and transform it.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#14re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 5:04pm

are you on the street where the WYZT building is?

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#15re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 6:19pm

Can Christopher Walken stand up with those legs?

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

Kevinoes Profile Photo
Kevinoes
#16re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 6:34pm

Where exactly is filming taking place? I'm in downtown Toronto everyday and I haven't seen anything.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#17re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 8:57pm

they are somewhere on a street called Dupont.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

thevolleyballer
#18re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 9:03pm

Can Christopher Walken stand up with those legs?

Gosh, that's exactly what I was thinking! He's old, but not that old! Man!

Set looks fantastic. Hairspray can looks like ProActiv. I'm loving the whole Tracy get-up, and now I'm really wondering how that could possibly be set up in the movie. Excited!!

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#19re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 9:17pm

I'm really impressed with the production design of this film. At least from the photos I am.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#20re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 9:31pm

yeh, the PD looks great. So much detail.

The only time I can imagine him dressing up is during the the Baltimore eventorium scene.. which I think is now NOT in the eventorium but in the WYZT studios. (I mean why else would the UC cans be outside the studio building?)

SO maybe he is trying to sneak on as Tracy- or something.

I think the plot has shifted a bit from the musical. Like in that article I posted on the blog- it says that there is a warrant for Tracy's arrest after she attends a protest rally against the WYZT.

Also according to the audition sides for Penny- Penny houses Tracy in her basement to hide from the police. So may be Tracy never goes to Jail in this- or to Ju-Vee like she did in the '88 film.

I wish I could read Leslie Dixon's script. I have read the audition sides- and there is some very funny stuff in there.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#21re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 10:04pm

Does he look like Baby Jane to anyone else?

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Mouser
#22re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/20/06 at 10:40pm

Wow, this is going to be amazing. I can't wait...

#23re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/21/06 at 10:54am

Defamer posted the Walken pic with this caption:

Had you told us a photo would emerge from the set of Hairspray, currently shooting in Toronto, whose monstrous, bouffant-laden imagery could haunt our dreams more than this one (Travolta in drag), we likely would have thought you had been huffing on a paper bag full of Aqua Net. Of course, we hadn't yet laid eyes on this portrait of Christopher Walken, whom we can best surmise plays the movie's elderly, withered drag queen, pictured positively beaming as he takes in what will likely be one of his final few gay pride parades. We imagine it should be a week or so before flashbacks to drooping sock-garters on a pair of spindly, pallid calves fail to rouse us from our slumber in trembling nightsweats.

mejusthavingfun
#24re: Hairspray Movie (Walken, etc)
Posted: 9/21/06 at 11:14am

I've always thought the jail part was the weakest part of the show and the film. Well except the hair ironing. Luvs that!

Videos