pixeltracker

Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' "I Eat"

Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' "I Eat"

Ciaron McCarthy
#0Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' "I Eat"
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:10pm

How beautiful is this song? It was written especially for Audra McDonald for her 7 Deadly Sins concert.

Anyone else heard it?

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#1re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:13pm

I have, I think it's a lovely song. I wish I could see her sing it live.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:25pm

Is it online anywhere?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:45pm

WOW! VERY Beautiful!!

This song reaffirms why Ahrens and Flaherty are my favorite musical-writing team!! Once On This Island, Ragtime, Seussical - they never disappoint!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#4re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 8:26pm

Did you find it somewhere online, CapnHook?

musicalkid Profile Photo
musicalkid
#5re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 8:50pm

I love every ahrens and flaherty! they are one of the best (if not THE) teams working today on Broadway!

Is this song available somewhere?

Bring Disney's "Der Glockner Von Notre Dame" To Broadway!
http://musicalkid.multiply.com/

soulman83
#6re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 8:56pm

Duh it is available here: http://www.npr.org/programs/creators/shows/2004/mcdonald.html
i listen to the concert everyday! first half.

Ciaron McCarthy
#7re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 9:08pm

Duh it is available here: http://www.npr.org/programs/creators/shows/2004/mcdonald.html
i listen to the concert everyday! first half.

You need to get it off the internet an into your ipod!! =)

Jazzysuite82
#8re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 9:10pm

Actually I find this song sad and eerily creepy. I wouldn't call it beautiful per se. It's a strange type of beauty.

Ciaron McCarthy
#9re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 9:17pm

I meant the melody.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#10re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 9:35pm

wow! It's definately "hauntingly beautiful."

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

marincrazy11 Profile Photo
marincrazy11
#11re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 9:55pm

I love this song. I agree about the haunting nature of the song, very eery but yet beautiful. They are such nice people too. I adore Stephen and Lynn!

"Did you know that if you take the first two vowels in Olive and rearrange them it spells I-Love?"-Spelling Bee "It's night like this that hotel bars were specifically made." Light In The Piazza

LostLeander
#12re: Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens' 'I Eat'
Posted: 10/22/06 at 10:50pm

Wait, how do you get it off the internet?
Ever since I first got a hold of it, I have been trying to make it a mp3 file, but it nevers works!

Help!

Personally, I think I have too much bloom.

Videos