ana in wicked

escape2jupiter
#0ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:50am

my boyfriend is taking me to nyc for my birthday in 2 weeks. i've seen wicked twice(once in nyc and once here in pittsburgh), and he's taking me to see it again during our stay. my question is - how does ana rate compared to the other "elphaba's?" i don't want to be disappointed, but i'd like to know what to expect. any help would be appreciated!

COOOOLkid
#1re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 1:12am

How come a lot of Wicked fans type without capitalizing?

However, I must applaude you for using punctuation!

Anyways, onto the subject. I think Ana is much more controlled with her voice than Idina ever was. I'm sure you'll have the same experience as the past shows, whether good or bad.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#2re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 4:34pm

I do not think you will be let down. Ana is very talented.

Ciaron McCarthy
#3re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 4:39pm

Anna is a great talent and like Idina, Chenoweth, Carol Shelly, George Hearn, Joel Gray, Stephanie and Norbert is completely wasting her time. =)

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#4re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 4:46pm

I personally thought Ana gives amuch more nuanced performance. She is more layered and her singing seems much more honed. She doesn't belt everything (which I really didn't care for with Idina).
Ana is a very talented performer indeed!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#5re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 4:59pm

I saw her on Saturday, and I think she was awesome. Her voice is great. She was the 5th Elphaba that I saw, and I think she maybe was the best.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#6re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 5:04pm

From what I have seen and heard *cough* re: ana in wicked she is excellent. She certainly is a sweet lady. When I met her on the 27th, she was late. She said her broom ran out of gas *lol* I had my I *heart* Oz shirt on, and she kept tellng me how much she LOVED it re: ana in wicked She signed my picture For Pam (like FOR GOOD) and XOed it re: ana in wicked

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 10/31/06 at 05:04 PM

mattnyc2 Profile Photo
mattnyc2
#7re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 5:34pm

She's my favorite Elphaba, you won't be dissapointed.

Nick2
#8re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 6:35pm

My wife and I had chance to see Kristy in Chicago, Sho in Toronto and Ana in NYC within this October and Ana was our best. Her sensitive but matured nuance, quick phrases and high notes. We like to see her angry. And Derrick's chemistry has been improved very much. Please enjoy.

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#9re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 6:54pm

I saw Ana in the chicago production, and i thought her rendition of the role was better than what i heard of idina on the recording... she is a great preformer... I hope you enjoy it...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

#10re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 7:13pm

I've seen Idina, and I've seen Ana. I like Ana better. I agree with those who say she's more nuanced. She's Real-er. Idina was wonderful, but a little actor-ish I think. Ana brings a reality to her spoken words that really brings the show alive. She also sings the hell out of the songs. That girl can belt!

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#11re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 7:25pm

Ana's brilliant. Someone needs to get her as a leading lady in a revival of Funny Girl before it's too late. Or something at least. Her Elphie is outta this world.

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#12re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 8:06pm

haven't seen her in WICKED but have seen her in many other films and such, and she's a wonderful actress!

snl89
#13re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 8:20pm

I def have NOT seen enough of Ana to clearly judge, so I'm putting that out there right now, but from the little I have seen, she's great! Very nice voice, and good acting! however, (again, this is just from the little I have seen on that forbidden site), I just dont really get as captivated by her as I do by idina. Honestly I really dont know why- it could just be my incredible idina bias. But for some reason something about Ana just doesnt really seem to click for me personally- I wouldn't really have much of a desire to see her myself. She just doesn't.. SEEM like elphaba to me. But again, I'm horribly biased and as of yet the only other elphie I'd really be willing to see besides idina would be eden re: ana in wicked But I'm glad to hear so many people enjoy her so much, and I'm sure she's awesome! :)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

bugsers Profile Photo
bugsers
#14re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 8:40pm

Ana was my first Elphaba and made me fall in love with Wicked. I didn't realize this was why until I saw 3 other Elphies. Not one of those performances can hold a candle to the all around moving performance Ana gives. Like everyone has said, she just brings all these layers to Elphaba that make her a truly enthralling character and not just a showboat performance. See her and enjoy her while you can.

TheBoyfromChi Profile Photo
TheBoyfromChi
#15re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 8:49pm

I would think it would be difficult to find a better Elphaba than Ana's. Vocally she sounds great, it's hard to pick a favorite song that she does, but her No Good Deed gives chills. As far as her acting ability, she gives Elphaba life and depth. She needs a deep, meaty role that she can really sink her teeth into. She's putting all her phenomenal talent and acting genius into a role other actresses have done much less with.

"I hope you're all happy, keeping Alan off the team. Couldn't you, for once, open your minds and hearts and hear something that he couldn't see? I, for one, am glad that Alan is blind, so he can't see what, I am so sad to say, you can't hear." -Jerri Blank

Nick2
#16re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 9:28pm

She was also the excelent and funny Mrs Peachum in the Three Penny Opera during this spring. I was disappointed its CD was not recorded by some reason.
Updated On: 10/31/06 at 09:28 PM

Nick2
#17re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 9:29pm

She was also the excelent and funny Mrs Peachum in the Three Penny Opera during this spring. I was disappointed its CD was not recorded by some reason.

Nick2
#18re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 9:29pm

Nick2
#19re: ana in wicked
Posted: 10/31/06 at 9:33pm

Ooops, sorry for many duplicates.

Videos