Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#25re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 1:11am

"I bet that her and Mrs. Mooney could sing a rousing redition of Smelly Cat."

*snicker*

The thought of that just made my day.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

KQuill Profile Photo
KQuill
#26re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 1:34am

It was clever to choose Lisa though because it's so random it's almost believable.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#27re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 10:06am

If she does it, I want Hasselhoff as Sweeney

Poster Emeritus

#28re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 10:27am

At least it's not Helena Bonham Carter.

bwayondabrain
#29re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 10:31am

um, it is Helena. She is still going to be playing the role.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#30re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 10:34am

IMDb.com has lost a great deal of credibility since they added their "Peanut Gallery" boards at the bottom of each page. Someone sneaked that casting error in, probably as a joke, and in years past, it wasn't that easy to go in and change someone's credit. Anyone can submit a credits update on IMDb.com, but it used to take 1-2 weeks before it was approved by the site and ultimately posted. They did NOT just take your word for it.

If they lose what little credibility they have left, the site will lose their "Pro" clients, and it will ultimately fold. Not a good thing. They really need to fire a few screeners and fact-checkers, that's all. And keep the pranksters OUT.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 11/19/06 at 10:34 AM

nshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
#31re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 1:52pm

I personally would be very happy to see LK play Mrs Lovett. Tim Burton relies to heavily upon Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, and I think that LK would bring a twist to the role and make it her own. If she can sing, I think she would be fantastic in the role - she would play the wryness in Mrs Lovett excellently. If people cant see outside of the "Phoebe" box, then they need to wake up.

LK FOR LOVETT!!!

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#32re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 1:59pm

Well, they have something new where you actually have to post a link to your source along with submitted info if you want to update anything, so I guess they're trying to address those credibility issues.

CK2
#33re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 4:36pm

You can never trust IMDb. There are so many errors on cast listings and other info, not to mention their message boards which have turned into something with a lot of craziness and hatred.

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#34re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 7:35pm

Thank goodness this is a joke

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#35re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 8:17pm

I'm kind of disappointed this isn't true. I'm exactly a Lisa Kudrow fan, but this would have been a lot more exciting to see than Helena Bonham Carter.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#36re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 8:23pm

I'm with Allentown, I think Lisa will be better than Helena, just make it be true...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

bella cantato
#37re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
Posted: 11/19/06 at 9:49pm

yeah, i wouldn't trust it... this is the same site that had Idina and Kristin both as singing voices in "Bambi II" for months after the movie was released...

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness