Spring Awakening love

gymdudeva
#1000re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 5:02pm

What the heck?! That Times article says that Groff took his personal day off earlier this month in order to "watch his mother participate in a demolition derby." WTF?!?!?

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#1001re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 5:07pm

Elle, those emails and AOL names get you. Go off and be a better Ilse than Phoebe.

I know gymdudeva, it's pretty funny.
Updated On: 7/24/07 at 05:07 PM

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#1002re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 5:15pm

Because The Q is similar to Home To Ave Q? Last time I saw the show, "The Q" was not a song in the show. And I have a lot of screen names/user names. My email is thebeautyis. My journal username is livefortoday. My other AIM is paranoia in b major. I'm indecisive. So sue me.

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#1003re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:21pm

...I actually thought Elle's joke was funny, Sam.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1004re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:39pm

Woah, we're an angry bunch today, aren't we? I thought it was funny but ANYWAY:

Since no one really seems to think Robi would be a good replacement for Ernst, does anyone have any ideas as to who they'd like to see?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

silversurfer2
#1005re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:31am

Just heard-They have a few NEW people that they have called back for a 2nd Audition for the role of ERNST. So they are looking for someone new. I spoke to JGallagher, he is in contract negotiations to stay past Novemeber. he said he would really like to stay. Let's hope!
Updated On: 7/26/07 at 10:31 AM

picturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
#1006re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/29/07 at 10:05am

I don't know if you all knew that Alexandra Socha is the new understudy for Wendla & part of the ensemble. Her first show was July 17 or so I've heard. I didn't remember anybody posting it on here, but her picture is on the show's website.

"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#1007re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:47am

They will probs announce the new Ernst on July 31, because they said at the callbacks that's the date the boys have to be 17 by. The reason they have to be 17 is for the "simulated masturbation" in the reformatory scene.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#1008re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/29/07 at 1:15pm

Socha's first day as an ensemble member was the day Matt went on for Jonathan Groff.

jg4892
#1009re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/29/07 at 1:23pm

Nope, I was there and she wasn't on. I'm pretty sure she wasn't on for the matinee either. I'm almost positive that her first day was July 17.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#1010re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/29/07 at 2:31pm

Cannot wait to see it on the 10th of August!

YAY!!

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#1011re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/29/07 at 2:37pm

Woo! I bought tickets about two days ago for the 8/25 matinee (Gideon's second-to-last show) AND I'm seeing Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal in Rent that same evening. Yay!

smashingasian
#1012re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/29/07 at 2:43pm

"Socha's first day as an ensemble member was the day Matt went on for Jonathan Groff."

Alexandra was in the audience that day. I did standing room and she was in the back with Michael Mayer for the entirety of the show. She also came out the stage door with the rest of the cast.

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#1013re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/30/07 at 12:13am

Heres pictures and a video of Lauren and Groff doing a photo shoot.

here Updated On: 7/30/07 at 12:13 AM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1014re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/30/07 at 1:08am

Becoz, with all due respect, give up. Please. You act like your the SPRING AWAKENING Anti-Christ because some dude who made a fan site lets you boss kids around on it. Then you act like you have all this inside information, most of which proves to be false. Come back to earth, dear.

Ever since you started on your power streak about being a "mod" on that damn site, all I've seen you say over here are negative comments about SPRING AWAKENING; insulting the cast members, degrading their performance abilities, exploiting their attendance records.

This is an SA "Love" Thread. Do you think people are going to somehow like you better if you repeatedly insult different aspects of the show? Just stop. Please. If you don't have anything nice to say about the show or its cast members, don't say anything. It's grown tedious.

Your holier-than-thou posts in this thread are unappealing and are certainly not making you any more friends. So come back down to Planet Earth and get back to treating other human beings the way you wish to be treated. You're what, 14 now? I would think that the virtue of showing respect to your fellow human beings would have been taught to you by this point, but it's never too late to start.

This thread is about *celebrating* SPRING AWAKENING. Either choose to celebrate with everyone else, or feel free to start your own SPRING AWAKENING "Hate" Thread.

Meanwhile, we're not interested in taking part in the same power games that you display over at "TGO". Keep those over there. But I might suggest that, if you have more mean things to say about the show than nice, that you consider quitting your duties over there for the sake of the show. I'm sure it doesn't please the producers to see their show and cast members torn apart by the "moderators" of a site that is intended to help promote their show.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#1015re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/30/07 at 1:36am

You honestly spent all that time typing that out all because of me? Um...Wow. Just because I don't think is 100% perfect doesn't mean I should not be a mod on a message board about the show. I should be able to voice my opinions on it without being attacked for it.

You really think that I think, I have some sort of power just because I mod on some message board? Get real. There it goes again with people making a big deal that I can't post just like everyone else just because I am a mod. It really doesn't make a difference in what I post just because I am a mod on TGO. That whole little thing with Popular_Elphie was uncalled for now that I look at it. In no way do I think I am better just than any other Spring Awakening fan just because I am on a message board.

EDIT: And what "power games" would you be talking about? I would like to know.
Updated On: 7/30/07 at 01:36 AM

picturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
#1016re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/30/07 at 2:01pm

Whoa, things are heating up in this thread.

Very cute article/pictures/video, Becoz. It was nice to see JGroff & Lauren together/

"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner

jg4892
#1017re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/31/07 at 6:52pm

bump

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#1018re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/31/07 at 6:55pm

The people in that thread are beyond ridiculous.

americanboy99
#1019re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/31/07 at 6:57pm

Sorry, everyone. I really started the thread for the SA haters who need someone to post rather than posting on every other productive SA thread.

jg4892
#1020re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/31/07 at 6:58pm

It was more like an invitation to bash the show instead of a gathering place.

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#1021re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:00pm

I just thought it was immature and stupid. Yankees was much more tasteful :)

americanboy99
#1022re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:01pm

Well, I didn't intend it be so.

I'll probably join in on this thread when I see the show next Thursday! Can't wait!

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#1023re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:13pm

hey guys can i join the circle jerk? or is it invite only?

jg4892
#1024re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:16pm

It's invite only. You can't join.