pixeltracker

JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?

JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?

timote316
#1JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?
Posted: 12/27/06 at 10:04am

I got the new JACQUES BREL CD for Christmas, but am seeing the show in two weeks. Is this one of those shows where I'd benefit from hearing the CD first? or hearing the songs in person first? I've done both with various shows, and don't really have a preference. I just wanted to know what everyone thinks about this one in particular. Thanks!

chrrymn
#2re: JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?
Posted: 12/27/06 at 12:06pm

Well, since it's just a musical review the CD won't spoil anything for you. I don't think it would hurt to listen to it now. I can't vouch for the show now, but when I saw it with Drew Sarich, it was terrific.

::Sarah::
"Mrs. Lovett, how I did without you all these years I'll never know!"

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#2re: JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?
Posted: 12/27/06 at 12:50pm

I'm going to see it Friday but I've been listening to the cast recording since it was released. Definitely give it a listen...it's one of my favorites.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#3re: JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?
Posted: 12/27/06 at 2:04pm

I would vote for listening now - some of the words are so wonderful that you should be comfortable with them and then really enjoy the performance. I haven't seen this production but did see the Brel performances in the Village in the 70's. Love it! Enjoy!

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#4re: JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?
Posted: 12/29/06 at 5:51am

LISTEN NOW!

I'm listening to my copy (I got today) for the 3rd time through... reliving the moment I saw it in late-July this summer.

LOVE IT!

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#5re: JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?
Posted: 12/29/06 at 11:25am

I can't believe the show has survived this long.

Elphaba984 Profile Photo
Elphaba984
#7re: JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?
Posted: 12/29/06 at 4:29pm

chrrymn: hehe... and once again, your welcome for introducing you to the fabulous talent that is Drew Sarich. who was amazing in Jacque Brel...

and no i would say you don't need to listen to the cd before seeing the show. i didn't know anything about the show when i saw it back in august and loved it.

"You can't stop someone who wants to be an artist. If they're going to do it, they're going to do it... Work as hard as you can on the things you can work on. Until it seems like there is no possible chance you're going to succeed, don't give up." ~ANDREW ASNES avatar: me and jason gillman... in the pouring rain.

irememberitwell
#8re: JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?
Posted: 12/29/06 at 4:31pm

Listen, by all means. But the album doesn't do the music justice. Many of the lyrics are incorrect: On Marieke "The Flanders SUN won't light your way." Its the MOON folks, the Flanders moon. And many other misfires.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#9re: JACQUES BREL CD.... Listen Now or Wait?
Posted: 12/29/06 at 6:53pm

Listen to it

Poster Emeritus

Videos