pixeltracker

The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...

The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...

jasobres
#1The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:48pm

I'm going to vote a thousand times for the guys who suck and make sure that the show closes in at most one month.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#2re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:48pm

Good for you?

jasobres
#2re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:49pm

Was that question mark intentional?

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#3re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:50pm

my guess is yes.

donna_darko_23
#4re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:55pm

haha, well, that an idea.

When is that show (on tv), anyway? I forgot.
Updated On: 1/2/07 at 05:55 PM

MimiLovesRoger Profile Photo
MimiLovesRoger
#5re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:57pm

It starts on the 7th (Sunday).

jasobres
#6re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:58pm

This Sunday @ 8/7c PM.

And I'd like it if you guys who like this idea would help me with it.

Updated On: 1/2/07 at 05:58 PM

Gothampc
#7re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 6:00pm

Olivia Newton John is going to guest star. I hope she doesn't try to sing "You're The One That I Want" and end up breaking a hip.

Link

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 1/2/07 at 06:00 PM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#8re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 6:11pm

I love Olivia and she just played here. No fear of any hips breaking-the lady is divine and in great voice.

I think it would be funnier if a bunch of us auditioned and tried to get on the "Worst Of" special. That would crack me up.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

actor
#10re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 6:41pm

y ru going 2 du dat renthead6662????!?!?!

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#11re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 7:03pm

noooooo don't do it....just kidding. but either way i am exited sort of

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#12re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 7:06pm

haven't auditions already taken place?

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

neddyfrank2
#13re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 7:57pm

That won't work because you can only vote after they have narrowed it down to a dozen or so good ones.

Traci Profile Photo
Traci
#14re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:25pm

Yes, all auditions have been completed. They are now in the process of going to all the contestants home towns to film the 'back story' parts.

~Avatar: Alan ming~

~Official Member of GFU~
~Member of C...FU, whose official color is cat blue, which is quite different than royal blue!~
~Because no one puts Mary in their signature~

~"OMG I Peed!" -Anthony Rapp (His reaction to the 'Everybody Has AIDS' song from Team America

Mark2
#15re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:28pm

Is this "revival" going to have songs from the movie that weren't in the original stage version?

This whole idea is so horrifying!

colleen_lee
#17re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:31pm

From what I understand they are adding some of the film favorites (such as, You're the One That I Want) into the revival.

It's not a new practice. The Sound of Music revival a few years back had a few substitutions from the film.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay
Updated On: 1/2/07 at 08:31 PM

Lizzya9
#18re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:38pm

Why would you do that?? I am really excited for it. Are you upset that they're having a reality show? I for one am hoping it will get more people into Broadway and musical theatre.

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#19re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:56pm

I think its the principle, why do they need to go looking for people when there are plenty of capable actors to fill these roles.

"Passion can drive you crazy but is there any other way to live"

actor
#20re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:59pm

They don't NEED to go looking for people on a reality TV show. It will just bring more people to the box office.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#21re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 9:00pm

"I think its the principle, why do they need to go looking for people when there are plenty of capable actors to fill these roles."

That's a...bizarrely worded statement considering that if they held any normal audition they'd still need to "go looking for people," because that's what auditioning kind of is.

At any rate, reality shows and Grease are, to me, two of the most horrifying pieces of entertainment I can think of. So this sounds like the worst of ideas to me. And as much as I hate it, I couldn't even bring myself to tune in to watch for the bad ones.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#22re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 9:01pm

I think its the principle, why do they need to go looking for people when there are plenty of capable actors to fill these roles.

What do you mean? All the capable actors you can think of got their first chance somewhere, and this is what the show is doing.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#23re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 9:07pm

That's a horrible idea you have. If the wrong start is cast, not only will they personally suffer, but the dozens of chorus members and stage technicians whose well-being depends on the length of the run and success of the show are being cut down as well. Think of something other than your own personal perfrences why don't you? This is how people make their living- any show closing ever is a horrible blow to the theatre community.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#24re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 9:16pm

Oh, please. Spare us the "all of these people would lose their jobs if the show isn't a success" bullsh;t. When one show closes, another opens, and a whole new group of creative folks come on board and become employed. That's the way it works.

I think that the entire idea of combining the trashy medium of reality television with Broadway simply screams MONEY MONEY MONEY for anyone involved with the TV show. The creatives are still going to be working their asses off for very little money (minus Kathleen Marshall).

This whole concept is an insult to Broadway and it's an obvious "cashing in" for Hollywood at the expense of the Broadway quality reputation.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 1/2/07 at 09:16 PM

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#25re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 9:35pm

While I won't argue that a show closing is the absolutely the end of the world for all those involved, I think saying "When one show closes, another opens" is too neat and tidy a statement. If Grease closes within a month, will the cast and crew find jobs again with another show? Yes, it's likely that they all eventually will. But that doesn't justify wanting their jobs at Grease to be uncertain and short-lived simply because you think the TV show is "an insult to Broadway".

I hate Grease. I hate the idea of this TV show. I won't be watching at home, and I certainly won't be dropping any money for tickets. And if the show does end up having a tiny little run, I won't shed a tear--it happens all the time. But I don't go wishing for the cast and creative team to have to search for jobs again after a month or two. While it's true that people shouldn't (and usually don't) go into theater looking for job stability, I am happy for anyone who finds it regardless of the show they are working on or the TV network that put them there. Almost everyone in the theater has to sacrifice artistic integrity for a possible steady job at one point or another, and I don't think this revival (however unnecessary it is) is any different. That's just show biz. Wish them a healthy run, even if you won't lose any sleep over a short one.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#26re: The Grease reality show and what I'm going to do...
Posted: 1/2/07 at 9:46pm

Awww.....c'mon now Jason..how would you feel if you were one of the orchestra musicians in the pit for it's Broadway run?

Besides..audience votes don't count for 100%

-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.
Updated On: 1/2/07 at 09:46 PM