Gordon

Hard Times
Stephen Foster

Show Me the Way
DeYoung

Encores:

Glitter & Be Gay
What Makes Me Love Him

Kristin was joined by 2 dancers, David Elder & Sean Martin Hingston, & The Juilliard Choral Union

K delightfully flubbed words in "If You Hadn't But You Did". This concert is 1 of the top highlights of my concert-going.

Milla

Updated On: 1/19/07 at 11:00 PM

Yankeefan007
#2re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/19/07 at 11:01pm

Good to hear her Met debut was smashing. Seems she did some old favorites and some new ones.

do_re_milla Profile Photo
do_re_milla
#2re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/19/07 at 11:22pm

Oh yes, Kristin's patter (the format was based on a cabaret show) was wonderful. She thanked everyone from the aud, her voice teachers (the 1st 1 & the current 1), her family & told delightful stories.

Aaaannd Bette Midler was in the audience!

Milla

#3re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/19/07 at 11:34pm

I saw her Disney Concert Hall show and Carol Burnett, Hugh Jackman, Stephen Schwartz were all in the audience.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/19/07 at 11:45pm

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=922969&dt=31

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

do_re_milla
#5re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/19/07 at 11:50pm

I missed her @ Carnegie Hall... 8-(

But tonight was just fabu.

Milla

neddyfrank2
#6re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 12:26am

Was the Overture written just for this?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 1:22am

I'm not a big Chenoweth fan, and the sound of the concert is making me regret not going.

Foster...chill out. Can't other people share their opinions on the show? Are you the BWW sherriff or something? I don't understand. This is HER opinion on the concert, not asking WHO ELSE was going. Two entirely different subjects.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#8re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 1:31am

I was there tonight as well, and the whole evening was just BRILLIANT! It was even better than her Carnegie Hall concert! I LOOOOOVE the new some "Love Somebody Now" Andrew Lippa wrote for her, as well as her closer, "Show Me The Way" by STYX.

Is there anything this woman CAN'T do?

munkustrap178
#9re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 1:34am

Well, I'd like to see her take on a serious dramatic role in a musical where she can't fall back on sketch comedy like routines.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

do_re_milla
#10re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 1:36am

I sat in Row B Orch. To see Kristen's joy in performing @ the Met was palpable. I must admit that I am overjoyed to have been part a part of the audience experience was overwhelming & I was a puddle by the end of the 2d encore that was sung to Lippa. I was particularly touched in that in this song, Kristen just samg it. Period. With warmth & feeling w/out the need for choreogrphy. She was 'in the moment.'

Milla

do_re_milla
#11re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 2:05am

munksie, I'm with you in wishing Kristen will take on a dramatic role. I feel shels gone about as far as she can successfully go in her current paradigm. To dare to go a bit further, she herself may gey bore w/ the security& realize the need to stretch.

With the skill she has displyed so far, I'd venture to predict she stands a good chance as success if she applies herself

Milla

munkustrap178
#12re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 2:11am

I agree.

I think she's sublime - I really do. There's truly no one like her. She connects with her material and with her audience in such a way that takes your breath away. That is why I think she would succeed in a dramatic role. The only moment(s) of THE APPLE TREE that I found worthwhile was when she sang "What Makes Me Love Him?" It was out of this world - and moved me very much. Unfortunately, we know the rest of the show goes downhill - but we know she can do it.

wickedobsessed Profile Photo
wickedobsessed
#13re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 9:14am

I was at the concert too. It was so amazing, Kristin is so very talented. I think that the program had a great flow to it. She just really knows of to entertain people...and I was really glad when she performed "Glitter and be Gay" as her Encore! Well done Ms. Kristin Chenoweth!

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#14re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 9:35am

Thank you fopr the reviews and the run down! I wish I could have been there, but I fel like I was re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#15re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 10:39am

I was at the show with director... front row dead center of the grand tier... amazing seats! i think she did an amazing job as usual. my only problem was that intermission felt longer than act one! some of the songs in act two were excellent, like andrew lippa's "love somebody now," her rendition of "show me the way," and OF COURSE her "glitter and be gay," even if she did feel like she screwed up the big note at the end. i was happy to hear her do "what makes me love him"... i love that one.

::bust a move::

Mooo
#16re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 6:24pm

We have longer intermissions at the Met than Broadway because of the logistics of the house. It's hard to get 4000 people to the bathroom in 15 minutes.

p.s. "For Good" was an encore song that got cut yesterday afternoon after the run-thru.

I blame George Bush for all of this.......

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#17re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 7:03pm

Just to echo other people, it was fantastic. A great birthday present. I especially loved her rendition of the Foster song. And I definitely agree that after Young Frankenstein and Stairway to Paradise at Encores! she should get her teeth on a dramatic and challenging role.

neddyfrank2- I'm 99.99% positive that the overture was My New Philosophy form You're A Goodman Charlie Brown. Unfortunately Kristin did not perform it.

bryceab
#18re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/20/07 at 9:22pm

overture was an orchestration of "My Philosophy" written by Mr. Lippa for YOU'RE GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN
Updated On: 1/20/07 at 09:22 PM

do_re_milla
#19re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/21/07 at 12:09am

AP's Kuchwara says: "Chenoweth buoyant in Met performance".

Woo Hoo!

Milla
Chenoweth buoyant in Met performance

#20re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/21/07 at 12:48am

I would have liked to see the concert just for her 2 male dancers. I like both of them. I can't stand her though re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be

KillsTwiceADay Profile Photo
KillsTwiceADay
#21re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/21/07 at 12:58am

Mooo, was there supposed to be a special guest? Or am I totally making that up? (I'm asking you because you seem to have the "in")

AStack75 Profile Photo
AStack75
#22re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/21/07 at 2:23am

Yeah, she did mention a special guest a coupe months ago. There was none. But who cares. It was a kick a$$ show even without a spec. guest.

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#23re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/21/07 at 11:48am

Sounds fabulous

Nick Plasia
#24re: Kristin Was Even Better Than I'd Hoped She'd Be
Posted: 1/21/07 at 12:02pm

She needs to retire the kewpie doll/pageant crap;
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.