pixeltracker

Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Barnes and Noble on Fed 21st

Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Barnes and Noble on Fed 21st

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#1Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Barnes and Noble on Fed 21st
Posted: 2/15/07 at 9:17pm

Per Ps Classics:

"On Wednesday, February 21st, at 6 PM, at the Barnes & Noble at 66th & Broadway in Manhattan, Charlotte Rae will be performing selections from her newly re-released SONGS I TAUGHT MY MOTHER, answering questions, and signing CD’s"

Reason number 542,321 I wished I lived in NYC. You queens better report back.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#2re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/16/07 at 4:56pm

I'm going as Joan Collins.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#3re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/16/07 at 4:56pm

I have a rehearsal that night, but I'm so going to try to slip this in beforehand.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#4re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/16/07 at 4:59pm

*tries to block visual*

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#5re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/16/07 at 5:16pm

I'm seeing DYING CITY at Lincoln Center that night, which is right across the street from B&N. I might have to pop in there before the show.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

#6re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/16/07 at 5:43pm

i'm gonna be there (goddess willing)!!!!!

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#7re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/16/07 at 8:29pm

I have to agree with BobbyBubby. I know exactly where that Barnes and Noble store is and I wish I could be in NYC for this. I love Charlotte Rae, though my first exposure to her was as Mrs. Garrett in "The Facts of Life." It was only as I got older that I found out about her career before she became a sitcom icon. Anyway, I love Charlotte Rae!

Chevstriss
#8re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/18/07 at 12:17am

m,

I'd fire you... if you weren't so g*dd*mn beautiful out there. - Blades of Glory blog
Updated On: 6/20/09 at 12:17 AM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#9re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/18/07 at 3:24am

Oh, her fight with Joan Collins was priceless, Rae said that Collins is "A bitch, and everyone knows it" and then Joan said "Who's that old cow?" LOL!!! Love it.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

#10re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/21/07 at 10:59pm

Charlotte Rae was FANTASTIC!!!!!
she was sprightly, mugging & prancing, & loving all the affection the audience was bringing her.

Ms Rae performed, from her album, SONGS I TAUGHT MY MOTHER
THE SEA-GULL AND THE EA-GULL
MODEST MAID
WHY CANT I ?(that brought a tear to my eye)
MERRY LITTLE MINUET
GUS THE GOPHER
WHEN I WAS A LITLE CUCKOO
She also showed us her take on the role of MRS PEACHUM with THE BALLAD OF DEPENDENCY (" i had an ironing board, some trousers & an iron, & every so often in the song i'd go like *THIS* with the iron, right in the crotch!!!")

Ms Rae also favored us with Sheldon Harnick's THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME, a real treat as its not on the album!

Begged by the audience for an encore, she gave us a song i believe she said was written by Michel LeGrand (the show that wasnt DEAR WORLD).

she was radiant, had the room wrapped around her finger & loving it!
theres so much in her personality thats like a precocious child seeing how much she can get away with.

& tonight she couldve gotten away with anything!

in attendance were Sheldon Hernick, Olympia Dukakis, Sara Gettelfinger (looking like a gorgeous superhero), the guys from THE BIG VOICE, Calvin, & the nice people from PS Classics!

everyone should get her cd!

Charlotte Rae: SONGS I TAUGHT MY MOTHER Updated On: 2/22/07 at 10:59 PM

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#11re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/22/07 at 12:50am

I'm so glad you were able to be there!

One day, I will NOT live in Georgia and I will be able to attend events like this firsthand. (And then, I will ride off on my unicorn.)

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

#12re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/22/07 at 1:37am

Oh & i forgot she closed iwth SOME OTHER TIME
(& i got teary again)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#13re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/22/07 at 3:55am

Thanks for the reports n69n. I adore this album!

Sing a Song With Me Profile Photo
Sing a Song With Me
#14re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/22/07 at 7:45am

N69N, I was there as well. Couldn't pass up the chance to see Mrs. Garrett! She was so wonderful...and tiny! I had seen her years ago in LA but I forgot just how small she was.
Gus the Gopher definitely warranted the best laughs of the night for me. I would have loved to see her sing the song all over again.
I knew I recognized Miss Gettelfinger but I couldn't place her. There was a...well, I can't quite come up with the name. A gaggle?...of old television celebrities and whatnot there. I recognized about 5 faces in addition to Miss Dukakis whose names I couldn't place.
It was just a wonderful little evening.

Sing a Song With Me Profile Photo
Sing a Song With Me
#16re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/22/07 at 9:30am

N69N, that is a fantastic drawing. You really captured that little 80 year old sprite. She was such a hoot!

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#17re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/22/07 at 11:38am

n69n, that is indeed a fabulous drawing. You got the AIDS ribbon and everything!

I'm also pleased to see that I rank high enough to be listed alongside Olympia Dukakis and Sheldon Harnick. re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba It was a wonderful evening with Ms. Rae. If anyone can watch her perform without just feeling warm and pleasant, they must have no heart!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#18re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
Posted: 2/22/07 at 12:05pm

Love the CD and LOVE the drawing!

Videos