News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sing a Song With Me

Sing a Song With Me Profile Photo
Member Name: Sing a Song With Me
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Newly Discovered Tennessee Williams Screenplay?
 Mar 13 2007, 05:14:46 PM
I had my hands on the screenplays of two rather well-loved writers (of film and theatre)...there was indeed a reason these screenplays remained unproduced. They were great reads because of what they were but they did not need to be made into films.

re: Did anyone ever see Phylicia Rashad go on as Deena Jones?
 Mar 1 2007, 12:46:29 PM
I think a lot of people bent over backwards to get into a Bennett show and then felt aggrieved.

re: Patti LuPone to guest star on ABC's 'Ugly Betty'
 Mar 1 2007, 07:44:36 AM
That's some inspired casting. I wasn't a fan of Frasier, but LuPone was just so top-notch on that show. She really excels at those character roles on television and I hope this becomes a recurring character for Ugly Betty.

re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
 Feb 23 2007, 08:04:53 AM
There was a musical version of GWTW some years ago. I think it played Japan. It might have been named Tara or some such like that but, from the little I heard, it was atrocious. I wonder if this is at all related to that.

re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
 Feb 22 2007, 09:30:58 AM
N69N, that is a fantastic drawing. You really captured that little 80 year old sprite. She was such a hoot!
re: Charlotte Rae to Perform selections from Songs I Taught My Mother at Ba
 Feb 22 2007, 07:45:35 AM
N69N, I was there as well. Couldn't pass up the chance to see Mrs. Garrett! She was so wonderful...and tiny! I had seen her years ago in LA but I forgot just how small she was.
Gus the Gopher definitely warranted the best laughs of the night for me. I would have loved to see her sing the song all over again.
I knew I recognized Miss Gettelfinger but I couldn't place her. There was a...well, I can't quite come up with the name. A gaggle?...of old television celebrities and whatnot t

re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
 Feb 21 2007, 02:36:17 PM
I wouldn't say Bell is anywhere near the "name" of Krakowski, who has many years of Ally McBeal propping her up, not to mention the rising popularity of 30 Rock (which, I assume, is why she's not doing the role). I thought Veronica Mars was a 99% surefire cancellation this year, too, and that the full season was only ordered as a contract stipulation.

re: Meryl Streep as Sister Aloysius in Doubt film
 Feb 20 2007, 01:15:19 PM
Spacek also willingly vanished from Hollywood for a decade or more to raise her daughter and that goes a long way in making people forget all about you.

re: Follies Bway Transfer Update - Will They Take The St. James?
 Feb 14 2007, 07:30:14 AM
I would hate to see Donna or Victoria Clark replaced in the leading roles. My guess is LoveMusik is going to unfortunately be a lackluster production, freeing up Cerveris and Murphy for other things, among them a Follies revival.
re: Overheard at FOLLIES tonight
 Feb 13 2007, 02:01:16 PM
I saw Sally's Folly in tryout in New Haven right before they renamed it, hired Michael Bennett to re-tool it and it became the much-maligned and underappreciated Ballroom, starring, I do believe, the fabulous Richard Kiley as the widow.

re: Dorothy Loudon
 Jan 26 2007, 04:18:42 PM
For some reason, I think she looks so much like Ellen Burstyn. Perhaps it is just me.

A small sidenote is that "Garbo Talks" is actually being written as a musical.

re: PATTI, EATING IN THE THEATRE, 1010WINS...
 Jan 26 2007, 04:16:30 PM
As much as we might think it, the reality is that Miss LuPone doesn't get to decide if and when she comes back to Broadway. So, I think, it's appropriate that she uses "if" in this instance.

re: Non Union Actors at Equity Calls?
 Jan 26 2007, 03:07:20 PM
The funniest thing about the "quality control" at EPAs or the like is that it's only maintained at the Equity building. In the other buildings, anyone and everyone combines for a free-for-all. Having seen plenty of auditions from every possible angle, none are really worse than the others unless something's changed recently and now we have non equity hooligans spraypainting the walls or something.

re: I saw A Chorus Line last night and
 Jan 26 2007, 12:33:47 PM
I think, in this instance, she's just not the right fit. I saw her twice as Roxie in Chicago and she was pitch perfect, vocally and dancing.
re: Non Union Actors at Equity Calls?
 Jan 26 2007, 12:32:12 PM
I think this is one of those fabled personal battles spilling onto the boards.

Onto the topic, there really is a load of ways to be seen/not be seen at auditions.
When I was non-equity, I was allowed into auditions for which I had been submitted by an agent or the casting director themselves. If I were trying to jump a cattle call, I had to wait with the Non-eqs. It's pretty demeaning to be a non-equity if you're auditioning in the Equity building itself. They make it pretty clea

re: Bryn Terfel to Play Sweeney Todd in London
 Jan 26 2007, 12:03:38 PM
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO CAN ACTUALLY SING

What does this even mean? Every Sweeney I've seen or heard could sing and sing it very well. Do you mean "someone who can actually sing operatically?" Well, maybe. But even the New York City Opera's production featured some fine classical voices taking on Mr. Todd.

re: And Ursula in THE LITTLE MERMAID is...
 Jan 25 2007, 08:29:43 AM
The problem with the role of Ursula is that, if you go by the film, she has to be ugly in the beginning and beautiful when she transforms. That just cannot be accomplished with one actress unless, unfortunately, you cast the "after" and makeup heavily for the "before." As much as I admire Mary Testa, in this instance, she'd be the "before."

re: Aaaaaarg Matey! It's Pirate Kudisch
 Jan 25 2007, 07:19:49 AM
Hello, Photoshop! It is apparently the City Opera's dear, dear friend.

re: And Ursula in THE LITTLE MERMAID is...
 Jan 25 2007, 07:16:57 AM
You guys are forgetting one singular issue here: Miss Scott was quite liked during her run in Aida. Disney produced that.
Miss Skinner, unfortunately, burned her Disney bridge with On the Record. Regardless of who was right or wrong, that much is true. Now, given that set of criteria, I'm not surprised and, frankly, I'm still hoping Jerry Springer the Opera will finally make its way to these shores so Skinner can sing "I Just Wanna Dance."

re: Fantasia Barrino at COLOR PURPLE tonight...
 Jan 24 2007, 01:39:51 PM
Sidjones, thank you. Yes. She was a vocal powerhouse with a surprisingly deep voice but with a wonderful range. Now that I think on her voice again, I realize I could keep applying positive adjectives about it. I was very happy to see she had that extended act II opening sequence in which to sing.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You