Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?

kec Profile Photo
kec
#1Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/22/07 at 3:47pm

A musical version of GONE WITH THE WIND? According to Fox news, Hugh is the "big desired star" to play Rhet. The article also states that Jill Paice is being looked at to play Scarlett O'Hara.

Hugh Jackman Eyed for 'Gone With the Wind' Broadway Role

Danielm
#2re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/22/07 at 6:37pm

While I think he'd be a good choice for the role I hope he's smart enough to stay far away from that turkey.

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#2re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/22/07 at 6:45pm

Rhett Butler in a Hawaiian shirt?

I can see it

Poster Emeritus

jo
#3re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/22/07 at 6:47pm

Has the musical score even been written yet? 2008 is too near if it has not been completed( no mention of the composers in the article).

Hugh is doing the Leap of Faith workshop in mid-March, according to Kelli O'Hara's website. It sounds as if he is seriously considering the Alan Menken musical adaptation of the movie.

It looks like a lot of people want Hugh back onstage re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?

Danielm
#4re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/22/07 at 6:53pm

Whenever I read that something is going to be "a little darker" than the movie I roll my eyes.

I'm sending out energy to Hugh to stay away---please...

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#5re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/22/07 at 7:23pm

Wildhorn must do the score with the requisite power ballads

Poster Emeritus

ThankstoPhantom
#6re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/22/07 at 8:42pm

I'm so glad to see Jill Paice being sought after for a starring role in a musical (even if it won't come to fruition). I've been a fan of hers since she started with THE WOMAN IN WHITE back in 2004 in London, when she was an almost complete unknown. Stuff like this does the heart good. She deserves this sort of recognition.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#7re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/22/07 at 11:38pm

and PATRICK WILSON should DEFINITELY play ASHLEY :)

RIP glebby <3

kec Profile Photo
kec
#8re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/23/07 at 5:54am

"and PATRICK WILSON should DEFINITELY play ASHLEY :) "

LOL... I can see this.

ThankstoPhantom -- I agree with you about Jill. She's a wonderful actress, with a beautiful voice. She truly does deserve the recognition.

Mattbrain
#9re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/23/07 at 7:27am

If Patrick Wilson plays the role of Ashley, I hope he plays him as a much stronger character than Leslie Howard made him out to be.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Sing a Song With Me Profile Photo
Sing a Song With Me
#10re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/23/07 at 8:04am

There was a musical version of GWTW some years ago. I think it played Japan. It might have been named Tara or some such like that but, from the little I heard, it was atrocious. I wonder if this is at all related to that.

Spacedog78 Profile Photo
Spacedog78
#11re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/23/07 at 11:22am

Hugh Jackman as anything....I'd pay to see him just stand there (topless of course)!

Fan2
#12re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/23/07 at 11:38am

I really think Hugh's return to Broadway will be in "Leap of Faith" since he's doing a workshop with Kelli O'Hara March 12-16. That's already announced for the 2007-2008 season - perhaps after he finishes filming Baz Luhrmann's "Australia" (which ironically is being called the Australian Gone with the Wind) and "Wolverine" this year?
Updated On: 2/23/07 at 11:38 AM

stonewall2
#13re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/23/07 at 1:06pm

UGH!

"I'm mad, you're mad. we're all mad"... The Cheshire Cat

DG
#14re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/23/07 at 1:17pm

I would rather see Hugh as Rhett and Patrick as Ashley in cturtle's Brokewind Mountain, thank you.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#15re: Hugh Jackman as Rhett Butler?
Posted: 2/23/07 at 6:14pm

wow, genius casting idea i think.
hugh is so talented, i'd love to see him do something different.

then again, i am biased, he is my favorite after all. =P

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

Videos