pixeltracker

How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!

How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!

LeoBloom2
#1How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 4:56pm

I saw How to Succeed on Broadway [years and years ago obviously] and even now I remember that the choreography was so bad. Like it was just walking.

Maybe because half the cast was big heavy guys, but still they could have had much better choreography for the actually dancers.

Laaaaayaaame.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#2re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 4:59pm

And this is pertinent because...

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 5:01pm

Another fine example of Wayne Cilento's choreographic artistry!

re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!

Kringas
#3re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 5:01pm

Sometimes the urge to start a thread matters more than actually having something to say.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

NathanLaneStalker
#4re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 5:02pm

I don't know what production you saw, but the choreography for the most recent revival, was fantastic.

You seem a little to young to have seen it while it was on broadway. You've probably seen a bootleg.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#5re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 5:08pm

I remember seeing the number on the Tonys thinking: THAT is a musical comedy number. If I'm not mistaken, that was also the year of the CHICAGO revival and both numbers were excellent.

BrodyFosse123
#6re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 5:09pm

HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING Broadway Revival was 1995

CHICAGO Broadway Revival was 1996

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#7re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 5:11pm

Then I guess I was.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 5:57pm

The movie , as with many movie musicals, gutted the score. Add to that, beyond lame choreography.

They had the right cast & had they left the score somewhat intact & had better choreography, it would have been grand

Poster Emeritus

BrodyFosse123
#9re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 7:14pm

Well...for the 1967 film-version Dale Moreda recreated Bob Fosse's original choreography, so the film's only 'dance' number, "A Secretary is Not a Toy" uses Bob Fosse's original choreography (which, if you're familiar with Bob Fosse's work -- it oozes Fosse-ism all over it).

Sorry that you found it lame, but that's how it was performed in the original 1961 Broadway production, so at least the film honored that and it survives as another archive of Bob Fosse's work.

Dark_Angel Profile Photo
Dark_Angel
#10re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 7:18pm

Her "pad" is to write with and not to spend the night in....

Frank Loesser was on something when he came up with those lyrics...

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#11re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 7:50pm

Yes, coffee and cigarettes.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#12re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 7:55pm

And his daily 5am Martini.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#13re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 10:24pm

According to your myspace profile, you are 19.. so you would have been 7? when the revival was on Broadway.. Boy, you have a nice memory. I have to disagree. I think the choreography was quite good. I have to admit I've seen better "Coffee Breaks" but, the other numbers especially the opening were staged beautifully. Brotherhood Of Man was also fantastic and I get orgasmic everytime I watch the 95' Tonys.. so take that to the bank re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!

PS
don't mess with H2$..

LeoBloom2
#14re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 10:53pm

Okeedoke.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#15re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 11:21pm

Leo,

I like you.. you just agree with anyone lol.

BrodyFosse123
#16re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/8/07 at 11:55pm

Quite a wise one for only 19 -- better to just shut-up then keep putting his foot in his mouth. re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!

Smart.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#17re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 12:07am

re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!

Hey buddy, at least you tried!

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#18re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 12:26am

I do believe that, in the movie version, the choreography to "Brotherhood of Man" was basically the original Fosse choreography. I love that number with the men in suits doing those goofy dance steps. When I saw that number on the Tony Awards from the revival, I was quite disappointed. And, I love Lilias White, but casting her as the secretary was wrong. Having a black woman in that part ruins the surprise. A black woman singing gospel, big surprise. A white battle-axe like Ruth Ford bursting out singing gospel, now that's funny.

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

NathanLaneStalker
#19re: How to Succeed choreography LAAAME!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 12:51am

I thought the movie version was one of the most best stage-to-screen adaptions ever. It's a fantastic, old fashioned, movie musical.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Videos