pixeltracker

The Most Haunting Score?- Page 3

The Most Haunting Score?

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#50re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:04pm

OMIGOSH YES PARADE YES YES YES!!!!!!

The dissonant Parade theme in the background, the funeral song "It Don't Make Sense," the sound of the young girls singing and that amazingly freakish Hey YEAHHHHHH song with the simple awesome clapping (title escapes me).

Floyd Collins - "Ballad of Floyd Collins - simple, appealing folk song with the darkest lyrics and Jesse Lenat's voice is the f***in s***!!!!!! Also "I Landed On Him," "The Carnival" and the dream sequence. Gosh - it's all so beautiful, dark and creepy eerie.

People write Floyd Collins off - but it's SO AMAZING. The first time I listened, I was on the couch in the dark after I read about the story -which is disturbing enough on it's own. Just knowing the outcome as you listen to the score - you just want so bad for Floyd to...... I won't give it away.

LISTEN TO IT.

PS - My definition of haunting is achingly beautiful, somewhat dark and very moving.

pemberlee Profile Photo
pemberlee
#51re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:12pm

Sweeney
Ragtime
Piazza

All give me chills.

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#52re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:15pm

I'm sure I'm breaking some kind of law - but what te h*** -

Listen to songs from Floyd Colins.

http://www.myspace.com/floydcollins (has a L5Y song in error)

Floyd 2 Updated On: 3/12/07 at 05:15 PM

TheaterAddict7652
#53re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:17pm

Sweeney, Passion and parts of Ragtime (especially "Til We Reach That Day" and "Coalhouse's Soliloquy")

There's a lot I am not certain of...

RentBoy86
#54re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:21pm

Haunting to me is something that is dark, and brooding without being obvious about it. I think Phantom is too obviously trying to be haunting. It just comes off as 80s power ballads instaed of haunting.

I think Titanice is haunting. The fact that these people are singing these songs and stuff and sailing to their deaths is just heartbreaking.

Not sure how Piazza is haunting, but to each their own.

littlechavela2 Profile Photo
littlechavela2
#55re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:22pm

I'd say phantom, and see what i wanna see...both are a little creepy...it's a good creepy though

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#56re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:26pm

Nine
Passion
In Trousers
The Cradle Will Rock

Everything Kurt Weill has ever written; particularly, The Threepenny Opera and Lady in the Dark.

Opera: Eugene Onegin (I can't get through the final scene without crying), Jenufa, La Traviata, A Streetcar Named Desire

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#57re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:29pm

Probably a Bill Finn- Elegies, I guess. I cried- buckets.

Passion a close second.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#58re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:31pm

-Definitely agree with parts of "Carrie." I heard "And Eve was Weak" a long time ago and I still can't get that last verse out of my head.
-"Parade"
-"Passion"
-Parts of "Grey Gardens"

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#59re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:33pm

1. The Secret Garden
2. Sweeney Todd
3. Parade

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#60re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:06pm

"Passion." No contest as far as I'm concerned.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#61re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:16pm

SWEENEY TODD, PASSION, and PARADE immediately come to mind.

teka21
#62re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 7:09pm

Left Behind and Whispering from Spring Awakening-
so powerfully poignant and haunting.

fossemoves
#63re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/15/07 at 2:59pm

HANDS DOWN: Secret Garden, but definate honorable mentions to Follies, Sunday in the Park with George, Parade, & Showboat.

Jmoss7602 Profile Photo
Jmoss7602
#64re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/15/07 at 3:25pm

I would have to agree with "The Secret Garden" or " Phantom"

BDavis0092
#65re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/15/07 at 4:09pm

Sweeney Todd and parts of Les Mis.

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#66re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/15/07 at 4:22pm

Secret Garden, Floyd Collins, and I definitely think parts of Grey Gardens and Spring Awakening are haunting.

By the way, is there a recording of William Finn's Elegies? I know a few of the songs but would really love to get the recording if one exists.

Mattbrain
#67re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/15/07 at 4:46pm

It's Spring Awakening for me.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#68re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/15/07 at 11:18pm

SUNSET BOULEVARD

theactorsociety Profile Photo
theactorsociety
#69re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/16/07 at 12:02am

Woman in White has some creepy parts

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#70re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/16/07 at 12:14am

Grey Gardens
Light in the Piazza
Passion
Sweeney Todd

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

jo
#71re: The Most Haunting Score?
Posted: 3/16/07 at 8:26am

Much of the music of ALWebber is quite haunting --

*Sunset Boulevard ( I saw the Australian production documentary and hearing Hugh Jackman humming SURRENDER was very haunting. So were songs like With One Look and As If We Never Said Goodbye)

*Woman in White ( Hauntingly romantic)

*The Beautiful Game ( although probably more poignant than haunting)

*Some of his songs in other musicals ( Memory from Cats, Don't Cry for Me Argentina from Evita, Chanson D'Enfance and orchestral versions of Love Changes Everything and Seeing is Believing from Aspects of Love, Angel of Music from Phantom of the Opera, Tell Me on a Sunday, Whistle Down the Wind, etc).

I agree about PASSION,too -- sweepingly romantic and haunting.

Updated On: 3/16/07 at 08:26 AM