News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Grease

SmK
#1Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 12:23pm

Austin and Allison got ROBBED!!! Max is a geek and Laura is bland & worst yet a brunette. Max and Laura will not sell as many tickets as Austin & Allison would. America, you got it wrong!

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#2re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 12:24pm

Sorry.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#2re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 12:24pm

I just spoke to America.

They apologize.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

shesamarshmallow
#3re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 12:28pm

Austin and Ashley got robbed? Omg, that sucks so much for them! I hope they get their stuff back, they should report it to the police!

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

SmK
#4re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 12:37pm

Very funny Marshmallow
...Correction. It's Austin and Ashlee that got ROBBED! I repeat: Max is a cry-baby geek and Laura is a boring, bland brunette. Sandy is & always should be a blond. The teenyboppers would have gone nuts over "gorgeous, talented with the drop dead smile" Austin. Max, the Geek, has ZERO sex appeal and can't see any Sandy going ga-ga over him. The panel also got it wrong.
Updated On: 3/28/07 at 12:37 PM

shesamarshmallow
#5re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 12:41pm

I don't think you know any teenyboppers - they LOVE nerds. I guarantee that after Chad was eliminated, all the teenyboppers voted for Max.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#6re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 12:47pm

It's been pointed out ad nauseam, but the original Broadway Sandy was a brunette (and Danny was a blond). So no, Sandy isn't always and certainly doesn't have to be a blonde.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#7re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 12:55pm

Yes thats right. Kathleen Marshall and David Ian don't know what they are talking about. Nor did the author. He got it totally wrong because a writer never has any idea of how his show should be cast.

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
#8re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 12:57pm

um...if blonde hair is supposedly a requirement for Sandys, I have a one word solution....wig.

This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#9re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 12:58pm

How can they be robbed of something they never had in the first place!!

jewels732 Profile Photo
jewels732
#10re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 1:02pm

Exactly... I mean Barry Bostwick originated the role of Danny. I don't necessarily think of him as looking perfect for the part, but I'm sure he did just fine. I think the problem is that most people are comparing the Broadway cast to the movie cast, even though the stage version and film version are different.

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#11re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 1:06pm

As far as the geek factor To words: San-Jaya

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#12re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 1:07pm

As much as I wanted Austin to win....

I think it is funny that the person who wrote the original post joined YESTERDAY!

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#13re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 1:09pm

Using the search option so that you can be directed to a thread that's about the same damn thing doesn't hurt.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#14re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 1:18pm

Honestly Austin was NOT robbed. He is undeniably talented but completely wrong for Danny. One of the other guys on the show mentioned him as being too "showrgirl-ish" and I totally agree. His performances on the show were WAY to presentational for the chatacter. Danny is a regular guy, unpolished and simple and cannot come across as perfectly presentational as Austin does. And while muscles are a plenty, Austin is WAY too "hip-shaky" and way too "bam! hit it" in his presentaion and thats just not right for Zuko at all.
hate to say it but he has a hint of a fem quality that we all know is WRONG for the role.
Updated On: 3/28/07 at 01:18 PM

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#15re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 1:53pm

Amen Ozone!

Austin and Danny could not be a worse actor-character fit.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#16re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 1:53pm

Austin's mom! Thanks so much for joining yesterday to tell us what you think!

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Jmoss7602 Profile Photo
Jmoss7602
#17re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 2:02pm

The Whole show makes me want to vomit!

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#18re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 3:29pm

"And while muscles are a plenty, Austin is WAY too "hip-shaky" and way too "bam! hit it" in his presentaion and thats just not right for Zuko at all."

way too "bam! hit it"...that has got to be the best thing I've read in a long time! HILARIOUS!

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#19re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 3:35pm

You obviously know nothing about Broadway. I'm guessing you watched the show then came her to complain why your favorite people didn't win.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#20re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 4:26pm

Max, the Geek, has ZERO sex appeal...

according to who? some of us are into geeks... plus he's adorable.

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#21re: Grease
Posted: 3/28/07 at 4:59pm

yea i think Max is adorable too. so talented and likeable. happy with the choice.

Videos