pixeltracker

Christine Ebersole's attendance history?

Christine Ebersole's attendance history?

BeingAlive Profile Photo
BeingAlive
#1Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/3/07 at 12:19pm

Pardon if it's been posted, when I searched all I found was a posting about a week she missed in January.

I'm looking to go to NYC this summer and from what I hear Ebersole's is a performance I cannot miss. I want to make sure I'm not risking anything if I buy tickets in advance, so let me know how often she's out.

Also, any suggestions for shows that can't be missed? I saw Wicked and Rent my first trip ('03), but I'm aiming for some TKTS buys in July. Input is appreciated!

Judy, Liza, Barbara, Bette, these are names I shant forget.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#2re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/3/07 at 12:24pm

I believe she missed only half a week in January when she was sick, and then she took a week off for vacation. Other than that, I don't think she's missed many if any additional performances.

EDIT: If you do buy a ticket in advance and she is out the day you go, you can get your money back since her name is above the title. Updated On: 5/3/07 at 12:24 PM

Action2 Profile Photo
Action2
#2re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/3/07 at 2:54pm

She will be out at least July 7 -14. She is doing that Rosie O'Donnell gay cruise.

Yankeefan007
#3re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/3/07 at 3:33pm

She's got a great track record.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#4re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/3/07 at 3:38pm

She's going to be out the 7th to the 14th? It's not listed on Telecharge, and they normally tell you when she is going to be out.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#5re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/3/07 at 3:42pm

Yep, July 7 - 14. Maybe Telcharge doesn't know yet.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#6re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/3/07 at 3:43pm

Oh crap. Now I have to reschedule my trip. Thankfully I didn't buy tickets yet!

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#7re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/22/07 at 9:02pm

I keep seeing comments on ATC about Christine's "surprise, unannounced" week off last month. I'm not a member there but I wanted to set the record straight somewhere!

I had tickets to see Grey Gardens on 3/24/07. I was anxious to see Christine. So a month or so before then, I began regularly checking for vacation notices.

On 3/14/07 I saw the announcement on both telecharge and the show's website that Mary Louise Wilson would be on vacation beginning 3/20 and that Christine would be on vacation beginning 4/3/07 (a full three weeks later)

I noticed that the 3/14 announcement wasn't picked up on by either this board or ATC until the week before her vacation began. So many assumed it was a last minute thing when really it wasn't.

I let it go at the time because I don't post here (I just read) and it wasn't a huge deal. But it's two months later and people (not on this site that I've noticed) still use it, and with great glee it seams, to discredit Christine.

Sorry for the long first post. But I just had to get that off my chest.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#8re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/22/07 at 9:12pm

It has been rumored that Christine will not be on the cruise and will indeed be in GG that week.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#9re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/22/07 at 9:24pm

Really? That's wonderful! Well, not wonderful that she isn't doing the cruise, but I was planning on going into the city that week, and was looking forward to see Ms. Ebersole. I suppose I could always reschedule if she is still planning on doing the cruise, though. Updated On: 5/22/07 at 09:24 PM

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#10re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?
Posted: 5/22/07 at 10:28pm

I happened to luck out during my spring break on the day I went in to rush GG on... I believe Tuesday 3/20... and both Ebersole and Wilson were out.

I don't think I've ever seen a Broadway theatre that empty. Sad though, since Maureen Moore was wonderful.