pixeltracker

Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies

Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies

Mattbrain
#1Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:58pm

The world has officially ended:

http://www.broadway.com/gen/general.aspx?ci=549462

I was actually hoping Clark would be there.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:01pm

"Tonies"?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#2re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:01pm

Haha, why is Phyllis wearing that...plant on her coat?

oh, and how that woman said how Duncan Sheik made several speeches because he won so many Tonys...he won 2 last night, haha

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)
Updated On: 6/11/07 at 07:01 PM

Mattbrain
#3re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:04pm

Oh God. I may vomit.

No more Word of Mouth. It's gone too far.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#4re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:05pm

I didn't think they were nearly as annoying as they usually are.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#5re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:06pm

Oh god, no no NO. Please, anything but! Let the Jersey Boys present the whole ceremony! Give Lead Actor in a Musical to Groff, give Lead Actress in a Musical to Bundy, announce that all the shows are rubbish therefore theatre is henceforth banned in New York, ANYTHING but Word Of Mouth at the Tonys, PLEASE! *cries*

Mattbrain
#6re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:09pm

I feel the same way, Weez.

I would sooner read that Michael John LaChiusa and Jason Robert Brown died in a car crash and that all copies of the scores of Parade and Dreamgirls were lost in a fire than see something like...this.

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#7re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:14pm

!!!! I just realized this, but I think I know one of those Word of Mouth people. Why I didn't recognize this before, beats me.
Updated On: 6/11/07 at 07:14 PM

Mattbrain
#8re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:17pm

Oh my God, which one is it? And make sure he or she never sees these message boards.

They must never know the truth.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#9re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:18pm

Oh lord, which one? If it's Audrey or Cat, PLEASE do me a favour and slap her. Srsly, I'll give you a nice shiny penny if you do. An English penny! It's worth twice as much as your US pennies!

Mattbrain
#10re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:20pm

Slap all of them for all I care. And lock Clark in a room with Herbert from Family Guy.

Mattbrain
#12re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:30pm

Ok, if she tried to steal Audrey Two, she'd be dead.

thesinger
#13re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:33pm

I want to cry

Chardonnay
#14re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:17pm

WOW!!! I didn't realize there was so much hatred towards "word of mouth"

I really like watching them. I don't agree with them frequently, but I still enjoy them.

You guys are brutal... Jason Robert Brown? Dreamgirls?

BustopherPhantom Profile Photo
BustopherPhantom
#16re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:32pm

I pretty much agreed with most of what they said.

My favorite speech of the night was David Hyde Pierce's (even though he didn't deserve the award this year). So enormously emotional and surprised... absolutely perfect in every way.

Oh, and for anyone who likes Word of Mouth:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=932864#2965089

"Y'know, I think Bertolt Brecht was rolling in his grave."
-Nellie McKay on the 2006 Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, in which she played Polly Peachum
Updated On: 6/11/07 at 08:32 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#17re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:34pm

To the WOM people...thank you and good-bye!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

musicalkid Profile Photo
musicalkid
#18re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:43pm

I love watching Audrey!

she's the funniest old woman in the planet! best entertainment!

I will never forget how she drooled at Raul Esparza!

Bring Disney's "Der Glockner Von Notre Dame" To Broadway!
http://musicalkid.multiply.com/

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#19re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:46pm

Word of Mouth...ugh....

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

TapTapTapioca
#19re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:18pm

MattBrain- That is not how you spell Tonys.

Whose garden is Phyllis wearing?!

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#20re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:30pm

Do you think Broadway.com will continue to this next season? If so, will they keep the same people or get new ones. If they get new ones, I would love to find out if there's a way to get a spot so that BWW people with good taste could give real reviews and tell it like it is.

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#21re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:33pm

I am definatly sucking up to the person I know on WOM, so I can get on this thing. You know, in case they ask them for recomendations.

whatever2
#22re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:49pm

im perplexed by the negative reaction -- i thought this was the most genuine segment of WOM since the entire train wreck began.

they were as articulate as they've ever been, their opinions were as informed as they've ever been, they LOOKED better than they ever have (except for the flower shop that exploded on girlfriend's lapel, of course), and they were as likeable as they've ever been.

perhaps a year of inanity set the bar too low, but this was at worst harmless, imho.

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

Mattbrain
#23re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:41pm

It was just the shock in general seeing those dreaded three words and the word Tonys (there. Now I spelled it right) in the same phrase.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#24re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:53pm

I'm surprised Phyllis didn't bring the pot with her so the plant felt more at home.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Videos