how is legally blonde doing?

broadwayboy1017
#1how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 2:46pm

does anyone know how legally blonde is doing?

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#2re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 2:47pm

About as well as hedgewick and the angry itch.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 2:49pm

Pretty well. Check the weekly grosses.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#3re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 3:21pm

I think it's only gaining momentum. The summer will tell, but I think it might become a huge hit.

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

Thesbijean
#4re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 3:26pm

With it's weekly op costs at around $630,000, it's only had one week thus far where it lost money.

cruel2bekind Profile Photo
cruel2bekind
#5re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 3:34pm

Better now that they have waxed Laura Bell Bundy's mustache.

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#6re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 3:36pm

It's already had a week in the red? Thats not a good thing... re: how is legally blonde doing?

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

broadwayboy1017
#7re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 3:48pm

looking at this weeks gross's it seems to be doing pretty well, almost making a million for the week, its capiacity seems to be staying the same, well see how it does overthe summer

BroadwayPenguin2
#8re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 5:07pm

It's a lot better than Spring Awakening.

Cue SA fans attack

Updated On: 6/18/07 at 05:07 PM

RentBoy86
#9re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 6:08pm

I think it will be a modest hit, I don't think it will become the next Wicked as some speculated, but it has a prime spot in the middle of Times Square and with the release of the Cast Recording and stuff, I think it will only go up from there. I really wish, though, that the Palace marquee was more visible. Right now it just seems like a poster for Legally Blonde is in Times Square instead of the actual marquee.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#10re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 6:13pm

It's already had a week in the red? Thats not a good thing...

It did almost $1 million last week. I'd say that's pretty damn good...

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Christina  Cooper Profile Photo
Christina Cooper
#11re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:32pm

This is a realy fun show for all ages, I'm sure it will be around for a while.. After all it did just make a bit less then 1 mil in box office this week

"It's terrible to have a house fall on you, it is, but accidents will happen"

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#12re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:58pm

I know a lot of people like this show, but I was bored by it. Although I thought the cast was great, I though the score was pretty bad and the book was dull. Not bashing it here, I am just tired of mediocre shows like this on Broadway.

And I thought Spring Awakening was fantastic.

Christina  Cooper Profile Photo
Christina Cooper
#13re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 8:14pm

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't like Legally Blonde... It's pretty understandable if you like Spring Awakening.. Spring has more of rock music and a more serious plot.. Legally Blonde is just fun and goofy.. But I love it. I'm not a fan of Spring and I think it should not have won the Tony for Best Musical...

"It's terrible to have a house fall on you, it is, but accidents will happen"

Sylar2 Profile Photo
Sylar2
#14re: how is legally blonde doing?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 8:57pm

I went in expecting the very worst and actually enjoyed it. There were only a few things I didn't like (Kate Shindle being one of them as well as the 'Gay or European' number which I found to be offensive and only strengthens middle america's view on gays -thanks Jerry!). It is definitily not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but it is a fun time in the theater. There are also a few changes to the story that were not in the movie which was also a nice treat. Id go again. Mostly to see Bruiser :)

Videos