pixeltracker

next up for the RICHARD ROGERS?- Page 3

next up for the RICHARD ROGERS?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#50re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 6:46pm

I think that the theatre might have in the hights. I do think that Rent still has some life left in it and they aren't going to pul the plug after Anthony and Adam leave. Still, I do not think that Les Miserables is going to move there. I do think that Les Miserables is going to go to an open ended run and continue to sell out the Broadhurst.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Dollypop
#51re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 6:54pm

Wouldn't it be great if the Rodgers suddenly became the home of the long anticipated revival of HELLO, DOLLY! starring

me.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 6/23/07 at 06:54 PM

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#52re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 6:54pm

Les Miserables would not move to the Rodgers because the Shuberts have always had a relationship with the producers. It has always played a Shubert house. The Rodgers is a Nederlander house.

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

Coolness_
#53re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 6:55pm

The Richard Rogers is WAY to small for Beauty and the Beast.

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#54re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 7:05pm

i think it is so funny that tarzan is closing...i hope the disney co. feels like a bunch of idiots b/c they kicked out Movin' Out....

bwayondabrain
#55re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 7:43pm

i kind of respect Disney for closing TARZAN after only a little more than a year run. i dont know, they couldve just dragged it out with stunt-casting, etc. and not make a profit, but it was smart of them to close this.
cant say im sad this is closing tho, haha

#56re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 7:47pm

Well...look who's back.

Wicked63
#57re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 7:58pm

Bring back the greatest show The Rodgers has ever seen- SIDESHOW! I know it will never happen but you did ask!

broadwayguy2
#58re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 8:01pm

I vote for moving Hairspray to the Rodgers, do some sprucing up at the Simon, and put something in there.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#59re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 8:08pm

Side Show, the greatest show the Richard Rodgers has ever seen? I'm not sure it makes the top 20, for a theatre that housed the original productions of Guys & Dolls, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (and the revival), One Touch of Venus, Damn Yankees, 1776, Chicago (and the revival), Finian's Rainbow, Raisin, the '71 No No Nanette, New Girl in Town, Redhead, Lost in Yonkers, Nine, Fences...

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#60re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 8:14pm

All this talk about Beauty and the Beast had it's time...well why not Rent close and have In the Heights move into the Nederlander (or Barrymore)? I've heard the Richard Rodgers is fairly large, so it might not be a good idea for In the Heights to move in there. Unless this show has some major casting stunt, this show won't last long on Broadway.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#61re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 8:49pm

Yeah Broadwayguy, that's just what Hairspray needs...to move to a bigger theate. It was having enough trouble filling the Neil Simon before Leave it to Beaver boy dropped in. Once he leaves, it will start doing poorly again. Personally I would like to see In the Heights at the Barrymore, Guys and Dolls at the Rodgers, and leave the St. James open in the spring after the Grinch for Catch Me If You Can.

NathanLaneStalker
#62re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:15pm

In the Heights.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#63re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 10:56pm

I think in the heights will take it. But as broadwayguy2 said, I hope Hairspray moves to the Rodgers and fix up the Neil Simon. I guess there are no plans for Sister Act to transfer?

TapTapTapioca
#64re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:50pm

Guys and Dolls OR Cry Baby is going to take the St. James

Cry Baby won't be on Broadway for a while, I doubt they want to keep the theater empty for that long.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

RentBoy86
#65re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 1:19am

Who is the "leave it to beaver" boy in Hairspray? I must have missed that announcement.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#66re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 1:24am

Wilbur.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#67re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 1:26am

Jerry Mathers. He's in Hairspray right now as Wilbur. I find it really funny that they have tried to stunt cast that show with young folks like Ashley Parker Angel, Alexa Vega, and Diana DeGarmo, but the only time it's been selling out is with Jerry Mathers. I guess older crowds are coming to see the show. Oh, and purpleprince, I guarantee that Hairspray won't be moving into the Rodgers. It does not need a bigger theatre.

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#68re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 2:05am

On the topic of Beauty, I know that Disney is in a bit of a tizzy trying to decide whether to keep the show open in another theatre besides both the Lunt and the Rodgers. We never know if it will happen, but as an Employee of Beauty and the Beast, I can at least confirm for sure that the idea is being discussed aggressively. I guess we'll see what happens. I'd like to see it move and stay open.

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#69re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 2:07am

>I guarantee that Hairspray won't be moving into the Rodgers. It does not need a bigger theatre.<

The Rodgers has about 100 less seats than the Neil Simon.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Julian2
#70re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 2:07am

Bounce???

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Born To Reign
#71re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 8:20am

It costs about a million to move a show, plus it's a whole lot of work. Why would they move Hairspray to a new house that's only slightly smaller OR bigger? If this had happened earlier, I think Grease would have tried to get the bigger house, as they needed a Nederlander theatre and the Atkinson was the only one opening up at the time.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#72re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 8:37am

Actually Smaxie, the Rodgers holds a total of 1400 while the Neil Simon holds 1334. Actually for some reason ibdb.com lists the Rodgers as 1430 and the Neil Simon at 1400, but I know for a fact that the capacitites are actually 1400 and 1334 as listed above.

Born To Reign
#73re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 8:44am

Capacities differ everywhere. More seats can be added when there's no pit, sometimes the boxes are used for lighting or equipment. I usually use the Playbill grosses. I think IBDB is the "real" capacity, and not necessarily the number for a specific show.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#74re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 8:49am

I agree with your previous statement Born. The other reason Hairspray won't move is because it costs money. Also they would have to scale down the set because the stage at the Simon is significantly wider than the stage and the Rodgers.