Laura Bell Bundy's Wig

broadwayboy1017
#1Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/26/07 at 10:49pm

Was anyone at the performance where it fell off? What did she do? WHy does she even wear a wig...

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#2re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/26/07 at 10:53pm

do a search...there's definitely a thread about it

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

broadwayguy2
#2re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/26/07 at 10:54pm

wigs are a very comon practice that makes EVERYONE's life a LOT easier.

broadwayboy1017
#3re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:10pm

but she already has blonde hair...

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#4re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:11pm

Would you want to be in charge or making sure her real hair looks perfect?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Boq101
#5re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:18pm

hairstyles also, plus I think with her her mic pack might be in the wig, though I'm not sure, She wears lots of slips and has lots of costume changes, it's just easier instead of making sure no one messes up the hair.

singingperformer
#6re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:29pm

There was a thread on this.........anyone have a link? I'm a bit too lazy to search.

broadwayboy1017
#6re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:32pm

i looked fo rthe thread and couldnt find it. Thats a very good point Boq!

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#7re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:32pm

Sure thing, here you go
Ta-da!

srgr8 Profile Photo
srgr8
#8re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:49pm

Here's a direct link to the previous thread!
LBB loses wig

"What does not kill us makes us HOTTER!" --Legally Blonde: The Musical

"Love the art in you, not yourself in the art." --Konstantin Stanislavsky

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#9re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/27/07 at 12:10am

i am surprised sh has to wear one since she is already blonde. Yeah she mentions about it coming off when the tony awards was following her one day to find a dress for the tonys. She was like making a joke out of it. She admitted her shoe came off in san fran then she just throw the other one off to the side of the stage. She seems to cover it well and does perfectly and that what makes a memorable leading lady. Good for her, she def gets props.
She is mangficent.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#10re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/27/07 at 12:10am

i am surprised sh has to wear one since she is already blonde. Yeah she mentions about it coming off when the tony awards was following her one day to find a dress for the tonys. She was like making a joke out of it. She admitted her shoe came off in san fran then she just throw the other one off to the side of the stage. She seems to cover it well and does perfectly and that what makes a memorable leading lady. Good for her, she def gets props.
She is mangficent.

Elphabatize Profile Photo
Elphabatize
#11re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/27/07 at 12:59am

With all the costume changes, most Broadway actors wear wigs. It's actually very uncommon for an actor not to wear a wig. Chenoweth wore a wig for Wicked and Kendra wears a wig as well even though they're both naturally very blonde. It's just easier to maintain and have consistency within the show.
Updated On: 6/27/07 at 12:59 AM

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#12re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/27/07 at 1:03am

Obviously she wears a wig. Her hair is bouncy and curly in the first act and bone straight in the second.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#12re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/27/07 at 1:24am

"Chenoweth wore a wig for Wicked and Kendra wears a wig as well even though they're both naturally very blonde."

Sorry to get off topic but, Cheno's actually a natural brunnete. She dyes it blonde.

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#13re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/27/07 at 1:51am

It's not necessarily easier to maintain, as wig maintenance is still done daily, it is just easier not to style LBB's own hair for each show.

broadwayboy1017
#14re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/27/07 at 2:13am

it does save alot of time...

Jon
#15re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/27/07 at 7:18am

In the movie, Reese had over 35 different hair styles - a new hair do for each new outfit.

(This is the kind of stuff you learn from watching the DVD "extras")

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#16re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/27/07 at 8:54am

It makes sense to use wigs. What if LBB decided she wanted to dye her hair bright magenta or something? It's also freedom for the actor.

And Yankees... One of those things out there that I shouldn't mention is from the performance in SF where her shoe came off

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#17re: Laura Bell Bundy's Wig
Posted: 6/27/07 at 9:36am

"Sorry to get off topic but, Cheno's actually a natural brunnete."

Are there any pictures? Is it like light or dark brown?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Videos