The Producers

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#1The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 12:16am

Havent seen the show or the movie. It's coming to my town (Gainesville Florida) and ticket sales have been bad. Should I see it?

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#2re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 12:17am

i would say only if it's not too expensive. It's cute and funny, but not worth $100 of my money:)

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 12:17am

Why not? You have anything better to do?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#3re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 12:18am

Thats the thing-I have nothing else better to do re: The Producers. And a ticket is 30 bucks. They've cut down tickets price's already. Does that mean the tour isnt good? Anyone seen it?

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#4re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 12:21am

For 30 bucks, go see it.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Dreams595
#5re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 9:10am

I just saw it a couple of weeks ago in Tampa and enjoyed it very much. It's a little scaled down from the Broadway production but the cast is very good and it was an entertaining afternoon. I would recommend it especially for $30!

DrMark Profile Photo
DrMark
#6re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 9:21am

I saw the original show on Broadway with the original cast, so I can't comment on the current tour, but if you can see it for $30, you should probably go. It will be a fun, silly evening. Enjoy!

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#7re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 9:36am

Go see it re: The Producers You won't be sorry.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

junkyard
#8re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 9:43am

"The Producers", another union busting musical put on the road by Troika........Shame on Mel Brooks et al for allowing a non union company to produce their wonderful show......

MickeyCT
#9re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 9:44am

It's gotta be better than the movie. I just saw it on HBO this weekend and had difficulty getting through it.

"It's smarter to be lucky than it's lucky to be smart."

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#10re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 10:07am

See it for $30 so you can see what all the fuss was about (hint: it wasn't about the quality of the show)

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#11re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 10:17am

If you're expecting to see a touring version of the Broadway production, you'll be sourly disappointed as it's a quite scaled-down non-Equity tour.

If you just want to see the show itself, then definitely see this tour...but rememeber -- it's not a recreation of the original Broadway production.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#12re: The Producers
Posted: 6/28/07 at 10:20am

Is it $30 for the cheapest seat, or is that how much an orchestra seat is going for? What is the range of prices?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Videos