pixeltracker

Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17

Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#1Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/10/07 at 9:12pm

I was at the Virgin in Times Square today picking up some stuff, and fyi they have a sign up that they're having a Legally Blonde performance and cd signing next Tuesday 7/17 at 5pm...however, you can only receive a wristband to attend if you purchase the cast recording that day there @ Virgin- those who already have their cds thanks to sh-k-boom or the merch stand of the Palace, you'll have to purchase another one if you want to attend (I confirmed that with someone who works there.)

I can't go because of work, but if anyone here attends would love to hear how it was!

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#2re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/10/07 at 11:16pm

Damn, that sucks that you have to purchase it again, but at least it's only 14.99 at Virgin. Wonder if it's full cast...sucks that they have to perform on their day off though.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#2re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:26am

Yeah, I couldn't decide if performing on their day off increased or decreased the chances that all would be there.

JumpJumpJumpSoHigh Profile Photo
JumpJumpJumpSoHigh
#3re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/11/07 at 12:50pm

You have to buy another to get in? That's ridiculous.

How are the perfs/signings at Virgin set up? (I've never been to one.) Is there usually somewhere that you can lurk and listen to the performances from afar?

~JJJ
the cheapskate

Dear Ken, I'm in pieces. Why the cold shoulder? Love, Barbie

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/11/07 at 12:52pm

Since when should you purchase a CD to watch a "free" performance? I thought the performance was the thing that influences you to either buy or not buy the CD.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 7/11/07 at 12:52 PM

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#5re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/11/07 at 12:56pm

I've never been to one at Virgin in Times Square either, but from what I was told it happens 'downstairs,' and the only people allowed 'downstairs' are the ones with wristbands...no clue how far upstairs the sound would travel.

JJJ you're not the only cheapskate- if I didn't have work I would so go, and I was wondering what would stop someone from buying the cd just to get the wristband, but get their already opened cd signed, and then return the Virgin cd the next day and get their money back...but that would be wrong. (And plus, knowing Virgin they probably open the cd when they sell it to you, to prevent that sort of thing.)

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#6re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:01pm

I've been to a signing at Virgin before, and they always make you buy the CD there in order to get a wristband for the signing. The one I went to did not have a performance along with it though, so I don't know if you'll be able to watch the performance without a wristband. Seems silly if you can't, as someone said, the performance may influence people to buy a CD who would not have done so otherwise.

Oh, I do remember that they didn't open the CD or anything when they sold it to me with the wristband. So you *should* be able to buy a CD to get the wristband and then return it later if you already have one. Don't kill me if they do it differently now and you aren't able to return it, but that was my experience.

JumpJumpJumpSoHigh Profile Photo
JumpJumpJumpSoHigh
#7re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:46pm

Hmmm... wonder if I could do the buy/return thing.

Although I won't even get off work till 5:30, and it'd take me about 15 minutes to get there, so it may be a moot point anyway.

ETA: OOH! I wonder if all the wristbands are the same color for Virgin events? Because I have an unused one from a performance at the Union Square store yesterday... hmmm....

~JJJ

Dear Ken, I'm in pieces. Why the cold shoulder? Love, Barbie
Updated On: 7/11/07 at 01:46 PM

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#8re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:03pm

ava- where in Virgin do they usually hold signings, downstairs in that cafe area?

broadwaybaby086
#9re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/12/07 at 12:38am

In Virgin, the signings/performances are on the lowest level. However, you can watch and hear from the two levels above the ground floor. And considering this is Legally Blonde, where the cast is (more often than not) ready and willing to sign at the stage door, it might be worth it just to watch.

I've been to a few signings there (Grey Gardens, Martin Short and Spring Awakening) and neither time was I required to have a wristband/it required that I buy the CD there. This time could be different, though. Who knows.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

carymetorent2
#10re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/12/07 at 9:17am

I have been to multiple signings ad VIrgin and while they claim you have to buy one, they have never enforced it and I have never actually seen them do the wristband thing, save for major groups such as the Backstreet Boys. Nothing for Broadway shows though.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#11re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/16/07 at 9:54am

fyi since I started this thread- unless something changes today/tomorrow, this will *not* be a full cast event at Virgin tomorrow, as I spoke to a cast member last night who wasn't supposed to/isn't going to be there.

carymetorent2
#12re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/16/07 at 1:08pm

Anakela, I was there last night and would have loved to meet you.

According to a few cast members I spoke to, this will the main cast only.

From what people were saying, I got the feeling it will only be seven main people.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#13re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/16/07 at 4:45pm

According to a few cast members I spoke to, this will the main cast only.

From what people were saying, I got the feeling it will only be seven main people.

Did you hear anything about which number(s)?

AuditioningWaitress
#14re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/16/07 at 5:02pm

According to a bulletin on Michael Rupert's MySpace page, Laura Bell will be doing "So Much Better" and Orfeh will be doing "Ireland".

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#15re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/16/07 at 5:07pm

Opened CD's cannot be returned...it's a store policy.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#16re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/16/07 at 5:13pm

I'd also heard they would be doing "So Much Better," but oooh- "Ireland"- love Orfeh, that is going to be awesome! Thanks for the info. (and- Michael Rupert has a MySpace page? Off to check that out...)

Opened CD's cannot be returned...it's a store policy.

Um- duh? who said anything about returning open cds?

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#17re: Legally Blonde cd release performance/signing @ Virgin 7/17
Posted: 7/16/07 at 9:08pm

yeah, they will be singing "so much better" and "ireland". they will be signing too. they will be there from 5-6:30, tommorow.