pixeltracker

Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL the stage door not the closet.- Page 2

Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL the stage door not the closet.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#25re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/16/07 at 10:38pm

any updates?

Yankeefan007
#26re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/16/07 at 10:39pm

Per members of the cast, they've more or less signed non-disclosure agreements about where she exits.

I assume it's on 55th.

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#27re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/16/07 at 10:51pm

A friend of mine saw the show tonight and got her autograph, as did a bunch of others -- not sure where, but I don't think it was a special exit.

RentBoy86
#28re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/16/07 at 10:52pm

Ha wow. They signed stuff? Jeez. I didn't realize it was THAT big of a deal. I guess I should have counted myself lucky when she came out after Sweeney.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#29re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/16/07 at 10:59pm

One should always feel honored in the presence of Patti!

Yankeefan007
#30re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/16/07 at 11:10pm

I don't know how true it was that they signed something, but it could have been in their contracts not to reveal where she leaves.

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#31re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/16/07 at 11:12pm

She hasn't been coming out, and many of the others kind of rush out of there avoiding the crowd...not that I blame them...

scoundrelsgirl
#32re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 12:51am

I saw the show tonight and she did come out of the stage door. She signed for everyone and took pictures with those who asked.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#33re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 12:55am

DAMN! I figured she was going to do that. Wait until the first week is over..then start coming out.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#34re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 1:02am

Of course I was there tonight and left because I figured she wouldn't come out.

Ah well.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

BwayLeadman
#35re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 1:40am

i was there tonight and yes she did come out through the stagedoor.
She did sign and take pics with a few, but was very eager to leave and had her (im guessing her guards or Personal Assistants clear the way for her to get away from the crowd ASAP)
I didnt get to say Anything to her cause she came out and signed my poster so quick, by the time i looked up, she was already by the third person signing their programs)
Well i guess when you get to the "Diva" status, its ok.

I did enjoy the performance.

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#36re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 2:06am

she came out tonight... but that was because Kristin saw the show, came out of the stage door... and they were going to the restaurant across the street. She didn't deal well with anyone that wasn't ready...

"When you get an opportunity to open it, I'll sign it." was one remark that came from her.

QUITE the Diva... but rightfully so. :)

that's a really big mic...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#37re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 2:09am

Chenoweth??

They're friends??

BwayLeadman
#38re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 4:25am

I think you mean Laura Bell Bundy, unless i am mistaken.

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#39re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:35am

So, I guess we'll have to wait till tonight to see if she's actually going to start coming out every night or if it was just a one time deal. Although, just because she was going to dinner somewhere on 56th street doesn't mean she couldn't still leave on 55th and walk around the block.

And now I'm curious to know if it was Kristin Chenoweth or Laura Bell Bundy who was with her?

iheartamc10
#40re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:42am

It was definitely Kristen Chenowith. She looked sooo cute.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#41re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:47am

I was going to say that they have her lair set up for her (a la phantom) and she just crawls to it after the show....

But I say it out of love seeing as I adore the ground she walks on and am not worthy of the sweat between her little toes. (or something fan-esque like that)

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#42re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:57am

Durring Sweeney, she came out on a matinee (though it was a Sunday) and was nothing but lovely and kind to the stage door crowd (including myself). However, that was a small group of about 30 people. There is probably a mob scene after every show. I mean, it is City Center, which packs in about 2,500 or something around that number. I wouldn't blame here for wanting to avoid crowds.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#43re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 3:50pm

I'm wondering... Does Madame Patti have an understudy, in the event that something happens? from RCinAustinTexas...TOPLF

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#44re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 3:56pm

i wonder if she even comes out at the matinee? i didn't bother getting an evening ticket because i was already gonna be fighting with the Fantasia fans at The Color Purple so i didn't bother. but i'll assume no?

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#45re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 4:01pm

No, she doesn't have an understudy.

It's worth trying, folkyboy.

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

Yankeefan007
#46re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/17/07 at 4:09pm

No, most definitely not after two-show matinees. Not even at Sweeney did she appear between shows.

fengshuihellnyc
#47re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/18/07 at 2:30am

I'm intrigued to hear if she'll come out again or if it was just a one time thing. Anyone who goes tonight will you please post if she comes out again. thanks.

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#48re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/18/07 at 1:06pm

Any updates?

fengshuihellnyc
#49re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/19/07 at 1:48am

I agree any updates