pixeltracker

HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....

HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#1HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/19/07 at 3:06pm

For only some people....LOL...read this today on the BLOG and called all my stores in CA and no one has it...so mad...

Insight Editions Hairspray companion book is in stores now!

A lavish companion book to the film, including photographs by David James, text by Diana Landau, Foreword by John Waters, Director’s Notes by Adam Shankman, Mama Edna’s Turn by John Travolta with additional features on the cast, locations, sets and costumes.

This special 160-page volume captures the essence of the film’s creative achievement with more than 200 vivid production photographs and first-person contributions by Waters, director Adam Shankman and producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. From casting and scripting to rehearsing, shooting scenes and recording the music — it’s all explored and depicted in a unique collector’s edition

The colorful, fun and evocative book includes the following special features:

* Vintage postcards of historic Baltimore
* A colorful “Introduction to Magic” sticker book
* Collectible character portraits from the Corny Collins Show
* Additional booklets featuring the cast and characters

You can purchase the book in bookstores now, directly from Insight Editions or from your favorite online shopping destination!

This book has it all!

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim
Updated On: 7/19/07 at 03:06 PM

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#2re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/19/07 at 3:10pm

Nobody has it in my city
and I checked Toronto bookstores and no go there either.

pengwendolyn
#2re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/19/07 at 3:18pm

I'm probably going to either have to order it online or hope that one of the bookstores here will order it in for me. Or maybe, but very unlikely, they'll just have it there.

Backbeat the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#3re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/19/07 at 3:30pm

Can someone post a link to a online store?

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#5re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/19/07 at 3:39pm

Yeah this sucks...everyone in CA says it wont be out to August 7th...or they wont get it until then....so my friend just ordered it on AMAZON for me and it is a PRIME MEMBER and I will have it by tomorrow....

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#6re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/19/07 at 3:40pm

Looks like a great companian to my Roots book :)

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#7re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/19/07 at 3:44pm

I had to have it tomorrow, so I rush ordered it.

47 bucks. ow.

It's expensive being a hairhopper.

New gowns, hairdresser three times a week, My hairspray bill alone is enough to eat up all the profits from my dad's Tilta-Whirl!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#8re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/19/07 at 4:26pm

OP, I like how you copied exactly what mateo said on the blog.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#9re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/20/07 at 5:06pm

OMG

the book just came.

It is F*CKING gorgeous!!!

I am stunned, really.

Y'all have to get it - comes with all these lil replicas and - ahh! I cant describe it.

Just get it!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#10re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/20/07 at 5:13pm

re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....

Has anyone read the novel?

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#11re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/20/07 at 5:22pm

Yes, I have it...cute...if you are like 12

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#12re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/20/07 at 7:47pm

Barnes & Noble, here in Burbank, California has had the book for the past 2 weeks. I all ready preordered it on Amazon.com back when it was 37% off. Amazon still says that it's coming out in a few weeks???

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#13re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW....
Posted: 7/20/07 at 7:54pm

Went to the Pittsburgh Mills today and went to Borders. They didn't have it there, but I had them order it for me. They'll call me when it arrives there (in about a week or so!) It was 45 dollars, but I have a 30-some percent discount coupon, too! Then I went and saw "HAIRSPRAY" at the mall's Cinemark re: HAIRSPRAY COMPANION BOOK IN STORES NOW.... It was a great day.

When I go to pick it up in a week or so, believe me, I'll be going to see "HAIRSPRAY" again!

Videos