pixeltracker

Grease opening night tix available

Grease opening night tix available

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#1Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 4:41pm

I didn't see any thread about this, and I don't know if anyone cares, but Grease opening night tickets are available to Audience Rewards members. They're all rear mezz and you can get them on Ticketmaster with the code AROPEN.

Enjoy!

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 5:35pm

These tickets are for Sunday the 19th. I was under the impression that Opening Night was Thursday the 16th, as the performance that night begins at 6:30pm. For what other reason would they have the performance begin at 6:30 if it's not Opening Night? Hmm.

Plus, all tickets for the performance on the 16th being sold on Ticketmaster are Premium, for $251.50. They wouldn't be doing that for no reason.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 8/9/07 at 05:35 PM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#2re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 5:37pm

http://www.playbill.com/events/event_detail/11483.html

Moron

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 5:41pm

You're very good at name-calling, Ben.

Yes, I had already checked Playbill and Broadway.com, which both list the 19th as Opening Night. I was just stating that I find it curious that all tickets being sold for the 6:30pm performance on the 16th cost $251.50.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#4re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 5:42pm

I don't know. The e-mail I got specifically mentioned opening night, though, and linked directly to that date on Ticketmaster.

Here's the description:

Description
A limited number of Grease Opening Night Tickets are now on-sale to Audience Rewards members. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to see the Opening Night Performance of the Show That You Want, with the Stars that you chose, Max Crumm and Laura Osnes. Be sure to use the code "AROPEN" to gain access to your seats on Ticketmaster.com.

Award
Grease Opening Night Tickets available through Audience Rewards!

Terms & Conditions
Opening Night Performance of Grease is on Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 7:30pm at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre (NYC). Tickets are only available online. Tickets are not exchangeable or refundable. Use the code "AROPEN" to get access to your seats. 8 Tickets maximum. For more information on the show, visit http://www.greaseonbroadway.com. For more information on the Theatre, visit http://www.brooksatkinsontheater.com. Performers, times are subject to change. Tickets are in the Mezzanine for $71.50 or $81.50, additional fees may apply. All Ticketmaster rules and regulations apply. Subject to availability. Offer may be rescinded or revoked at any time.

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 5:45pm

Yeah, I got that same e-mail. Maybe they are doing a cast Opening Night (the 16th) and a press Opening Night (the 19th), similar to what GYPSY recently did, so nobody will be raining on the cast's parade while celebrating.

-Kad

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#6re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 5:48pm

I was just stating that I find it curious that all tickets being sold for the 6:30pm performance on the 16th cost $251.50.

once upon a time opening night was supposed to be the 16th- I read it in a story after the reality tv show ended, about people whose favs didn't win who wanted their Broadway ticket money back...Yeah, other than that I got nothing.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#7re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 5:48pm

Let's cuddle

-Benjamin

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 6:01pm

Am I the only one who is totally indifferent to this revival?

I saw the original Off Broadway & the Rosie version. We are not talking about The King & I here gang.

To those who want to see it , great. I just want to know if anyone else out there plans to skip it

Poster Emeritus

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#9re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 6:03pm

I plan to skip it. I really just don't like Grease

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#10re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 6:08pm

I like it but enough is enough

I am waiting for the every 2 year revival of Guys & Dolls & My Fair Lady

Why not revive Lestat & Dracula & J/H I ask you ?

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 8/9/07 at 06:08 PM

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#11re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 6:14pm

Perhaps the 16th is a benefit? Why else would ALL the tickets be $250?

PEACE.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#12re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 6:18pm

Maybe the 16th is hump day. Therefore you're paying for the show and sex.

-Benjamin

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#13re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 6:25pm

There's a sign outside the theater that says opening night is August 19th.

Lynnespock2
#14re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 6:41pm

Opening night is most definitely the 19th. Not sure what is happening on the 16th, and why the show starts at 6:30.

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

DannyZuko
#15re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 7:26pm

Mr Roxy,

how wuz the Rosie version?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#16re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/9/07 at 8:42pm

It was Ok

I liked the original better however

Poster Emeritus

#17re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/10/07 at 12:56am

I heard from a usually reliable source that the show on the 16th is a special dinner theater performance of Grease, hence the premium ticket price.

You get a choice of chicken or beef, and you can take your plate with you to your seat if you don't finish by 8. Second act, you get either jello or sponge cake, and on your way out you get either a Grease coffee mug or a tote bag.

re: Grease opening night tix available

Yankeefan007
#18re: Grease opening night tix available
Posted: 8/10/07 at 1:00am

Yes, the whole thing is very odd.

2 performances on the 19th (the 7 o'clock being the "opening,"), and 1 performance on the 16th (at 6:30).

Videos