pixeltracker

MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!- Page 2

MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#25re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/18/07 at 9:53pm

whoa, now I'm a bit worried about the whole thing that Lloyd never having directed a movie before
I dont know, but looking back at the horror which was THE PRODUCERS movie, it is a fairly good reason to worry.
eh, well I still have pretty high hopes for this film. It should do very well no matter what...

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

Coolness_
#26re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/19/07 at 4:18pm

No I"m scared too.
I'm in love with the show.
I've seen in 27 times but a movie?
Not so sure.

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#27re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/19/07 at 6:26pm

AUGUST 29TH IS NOT A SUNDAY
BECAUSE THE 24TH IS A FRIDAY AND THATS MY BIRTHDAY
SO THAT WOULD MAKE THE 29TH A WENSDAY

woops sorry for the caps just realized that haha

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#28re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/19/07 at 6:29pm

I too can't wait to miss this.
:)

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#29re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/19/07 at 6:58pm

Oh, please. What are you people expecting...Shakespeare?

It's Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Christine Baranski and a slew of others in a movie musical that takes place on a Grecian island to the tune of ABBA songs.

It's intended to be light, campy fun. The musical itself is an absolute hoot and you leave with a smile and a spring in your step. This isn't meant to win Oscars.

I, for one, can't wait for this movie.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#30re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/19/07 at 7:01pm

Wonder how this will do at the BO compared to recent theatre to movie movies like Dreamgirls, Chicago or Hairspary.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

BSoBW2
#31re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/20/07 at 12:20am

Carolee was out re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!

I was extremely disappointed, but Corinne Melançon was in. I thought she was fantastic! Her acting was fantastic and the never ending note at the end of WINNER TAKES IT ALL was beautiful. And she looks so much like Meryl Streep.

I actually quite enjoyed the show. I'm actually thinking about going back to catch Carolee sometime (she's one of my favorite performers).

P.S. Is Carolee still in the show? NYT lists as the current cast: Starring Carey Anderson as Sophie Sheridan, Veronica J Kuehn as Ali, Samantha Eggers as Lisa, Judy McLane as Tanya, Gina Farrell as Rosie, Corinne Melançon as Donna Sheridan, Andy Kelso as Sky, Ben Gettinger as Pepper, Raymond J. Lee as Eddie, Michael Mastro as Harry Bright, Pearce Bunting as Bill Austin, David McDonald as Sam Carmichael and Bryan Scott Johnson as Father Alexandrios

Carolee is still listed in the program, though...

Updated On: 8/20/07 at 12:20 AM

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
#32re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/20/07 at 12:22am

I really really don't like Mamma Mia.But this cast? LOVE every single one of them.

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#33re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/20/07 at 12:37am

I'm hoping to be surprised and trying to be open-minded about Amanda, but she really doesn't seem like a good choice for Sophie.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#34re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/20/07 at 1:01am

Ironically, (per Catherine Johnson, writer of MAMMA MIA!) the character of Tanya was inspired by Christine Baranski's character Maryann in the TV sitcom CYBILL, so it's a treat that Christine is playing Tanya in the film-version of MAMMA MIA! -- playing a character inspired on a former character she created. Too weird!

re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#35re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/20/07 at 1:15am

Baranski was stunning in Regrets Only

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#36re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie begins location filming in Greece!
Posted: 8/20/07 at 1:18am

She was dreadful in FOLLIES.
I couldn't be more excited about this movie, THIS is much more fun camp than HAIRSPRAY. Mostly because we're getting la Streep herself.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"