News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Rapp and Pascal extend

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:26pm

Rapp and Pascal are extended their limited engagement in rent for 4 more weeks...until Oct 9th..

voicesforrent.com sent out an email

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#2re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:38pm

thats neat..I had a feeling that they might do so

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

alli2
#2re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:40pm

Rodney Hicks will rejoin the cast of Rent as "Benny" on September 13th, too!

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#3re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:43pm

It's turning into an OCB epidemic... it's awesome. Now I'm just holding out they stay until I come back to NY in November... *fingers crossed*

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#4re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:44pm

Yeah. Declan Bennett posted on his blog that he was supposed to start rehearsals today, but since Adam and Anthony are extended, he's not.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 8/20/07 at 09:44 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#5re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:47pm

Raise your hand if you're surprised at this. :)

My hand's firmly at my side.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

coolkid11776
#6re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:47pm

Roodney that's not Anthony BF is it?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

orangeskittles
#7re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:52pm

No.

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#8re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:53pm

October 9 is a Tuesday. Wouldn't they leave on a Sunday?

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

#9re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:54pm

Can someone post the actual email that was sent? Like bdwaygirl said, I don't think they'd leave on a Tuesday, and Declan Bennett (next Roger) just posted a blog saying he's starting on October 8.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#10re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:56pm

Here's a thread about it

http://www.voicesforrent.com/voices/index.html?fuseaction=forum.viewtopic&t=3257

I don't think an email was sent out though.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#11re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:58pm

I don't think it was an e-mail. I am on the list, and I couldn't find one in my box. I just saw a message posted on the voices for rent board.

ETA: It is in Declan's blog.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
Updated On: 8/20/07 at 09:58 PM

coolkid11776
#12re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 10:11pm

Who's going to be playing MIMI
I hope Antonique

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

orangeskittles
#13re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 10:12pm

Tamyra's contracted through mid-November.

Declan's blog

Updated On: 8/20/07 at 10:12 PM

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#14re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 10:13pm

That's something, at least.

I won't have an opportunity to see them again, but the extension's bound to be frustrating to people with what was once closing night tickets.

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#15re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 10:21pm

Wow, that's interesting. I won't be able to see them again, either (I think I'm away their new closing night, actually) but I'm happy for those who now have the opportunity if they didn't before.

"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley

#16re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 10:25pm

I just contacted one of the (very nice) replacement leads directly. His official opening night is October 8, and he'll be a standby until then starting September 10. Adam and Anthony's last night is now Sunday, October 7, not the ninth. No word as to whether Adam and Anthony would consider extending yet again, but I'd doubt it (then again, you never know).

misschung
#17re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 10:42pm

Good to know. Yeah, someone mentioned getting an email from siteforrent and vfr but I havent yet received one from either. I wonder why the extended? Just for sales?

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

orangeskittles
#18re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 10:51pm

Well, yeah, Rent is selling out for the first time in years. The producers probably creamed themselves when they saw the numbers, then offered Adam and Anthony their firstborns to stick around longer. Regardless of what the Declan/Harley Jay fans from the tour have deluded themselves to think, no way are they going to pull in audiences like this.

Updated On: 8/20/07 at 10:51 PM

robin3 Profile Photo
robin3
#19re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 11:21pm

Declan's blog is for real. Adam and Anthony's return is a historical. People are coming from all over to see them. Its smart to keep them around longer. Harley Jay is a great Mark, and I'm glad he's doing the show on Broadway, but he's no Anthony...
Updated On: 8/21/07 at 11:21 PM

another_reprise Profile Photo
another_reprise
#20re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/20/07 at 11:44pm

I'm really excited about this and I have no reason to be seeing as there's no way I'll be able to get back and see them, but whatever.
I got an email from siteforrent saying that they're coming back, I'd copy and paste it, but it's really just a bunch of advertising and one little blurb that says they extended through 10/7.
For some reason myspace hates me right now and I can't access Declan's blog, would someone be so kind as to copy and paste it here, or just send it to me in a pm?

Does the sun really rise in the east?
Does the earth really spin around the sun?
What's it matter in the least?
What's real to me ain't real to everyone.

lmw8880
#21re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/21/07 at 12:30am

hey another_reprise,
check your pm, i sent you delcon's blog.

Craww
#22re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:37am

I hate them. I was so content in the knowledge that I definitely couldn't see them again, and then they go and do this.

I hate them.

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#23re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/21/07 at 8:44am

I am a bit surprised by this. I guess it's good for Rent's sales, though.

"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley

misschung
#24re: Rapp and Pascal extend
Posted: 8/21/07 at 8:58am

Well, I hope more people will be able to see them because of this extension. I had a feeling that this might happen

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
Updated On: 8/21/07 at 08:58 AM

Videos