pixeltracker

Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?- Page 2

Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?

MarkRascati
#25re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 3:16pm

I was at that show!

That's probably why john gallegher jr didn't come out at the stage door...

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#26re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 3:27pm

I actually think she'd be good as well. I'm not sure if she'd hold up 8 shows a week, but she looks young enough for Wendla as opposed to Lea, and she sings decently.

Maybe she just needs a new role besides the one dimensional Gabriella. It's not her fault HSM isn't the deepest thing on television these days.

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#27re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 3:35pm

I really want that Conrad Birdie t-shirt Remy was wearing.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#28re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 3:44pm

Dictionary...I had my eye on that t-shirt also!

Just give the world Love.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#29re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:08pm

Well, Daniel Radcliffe managed to shake off Harry Potter with 'Equus', so maybe Vanessa wants to shake off HSM with 'Spring Awakening'?

I would totally be into this, if only because the Spring Awakening fans will freak out and I want to witness the resulting carnage.

I totally concur with this statement. re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#30re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:17pm

I don't think Radcliffe will ever shake off Harry Potter... Plus, maybe Vanessa was at the show because she likes theatre and being a VIP, they took her back stage (a novel concept, I know...) And so what if they cast her in SA? If she sells seats any show would be glad to have her...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#31re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:20pm

I don't think he really "shook off" HP, he just showed that he can do other things. He will always be Harry. JMO

orangeskittles...that comment was too funny!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#32re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:28pm

Well, he'll always be Harry Potter, but for the two hours onstage of 'Equus', he was Alan Strang. And as most people were concerned that all they'd see in front of them was Harry Potter, I think my point remains valid. re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#33re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:40pm

I gotta tell ya, I wanted nothing more than to hate HSM and it's cast, but I actually have a lot of respect for them as actors and singers. They make what could be a VERY obnoxious and cheesy script into something very enjoyable and they do it well! I think Vanessa has the potential to be a fantastic Wendla! Although, as someone said before, Disney probably won't let her while there are more HSM sequals in the works. But, I think Wendla is a role she could DEFINITELY do. And I wouldn't say that about her dream role, Maria in Westside Story. THAT would be pretty bad.

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
#34re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:50pm

It's not that I don't think she can do 8 shows a week. She hasn't proven herself yet to be a good enough singer to pull off that role/that score. Maybe she'll do it and she'll be great. Of course, first she'd have to stop singing through her nose - but that CAN be fixed.

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#35re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 5:19pm

I think both of our points are valid Weez and I never said your was not for it to remain so!

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#36re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 5:27pm

Spring Awakening does not have to stunt cast for a couple more years! Then they can sell their souls to the Disney Channel.

i.heart.link Profile Photo
i.heart.link
#37re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 5:39pm

I can't imagine Vanessa Hudgens doing all the... questionable material in Spring Awakening. She might not be bad but can you imagine her having sex on the swing??? Yea, i'm going with a no.

MarkRascati
#38re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 6:31pm

Imagine

"Spring Awakening! Starring: Daniel Clark and Vanessa Anne Hudgens"

AnnaK<3LMIP
#39re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 6:39pm

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#40re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 7:14pm

This is so dumb..the girl went to see a show! If Zac Efron went to McDonalds to eat, would he be there because he would make a good burger flipper?

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#41re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 7:19pm

Um, you said you thought she would be the next Wendla just because she saw the show? Are you kidding me?

MerMaggieGalinda
#42re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 7:20pm

Exactly, I don't even understand why people make up these kind of rumors from pictures. There is no evidence, no contracts signed, nothing.

AnnaK<3LMIP
#43re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 7:29pm

To be fair, the original poster did say she wasn't starting a rumor, rather just putting out an idea.

beautyofmydream Profile Photo
beautyofmydream
#44re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 7:37pm

"And imagine all the 9 year olds who have no idea what it's about going because Vanessa's in it."

"Haha, I'd love to see the reaction after the show from them!"

Haha, or their parents

Mattt Profile Photo
Mattt
#45re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 7:40pm

I prayed I would never see Vanessa Hudgen's (or anyone from HSM) name in the same sentence as Spring Awakening but, alas, it has happened. I would love to see all of the little girls in the world beg their parents to bring them to see SA because "Gabriella from HSM is in it!" without knowing what the show was about. That would be an awkward intermission.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#46re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 8:25pm

It's called a comp, Craig.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

JonathanGroffislove Profile Photo
JonathanGroffislove
#47re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 9:12pm

"and ZAC EFRON as Melchi...anything is possible. "

HELL NO! he pulled off Link very nicely, but Melchior, NO

DramaQueen700 Profile Photo
DramaQueen700
#48re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 10:08pm

I find it interesting how im being called ridiculous and crazy for starting a rumor or assuming because someone saw a show that they were there to see if they could be in it as a replacement....

I distinctly made a point of saying 'This is not meant to start a rumor, but merely a discussion."

All i intended in starting the thread was to talk about how Hudgens COULD be the role, since shes very popular right now due to the recent HSM2 release. I thought it was a current topic many could voice there opinions on, and I only included the pictures to go along with the topic. They merely INSPIRED the topic.

I wasn't insinuating that she is rumored to be considered for the role, or thats the reason why she was there. I'm sure she just wanted to see this popular musical about teenagers. I dont begrudge anyone of doing that, obviously, or I wouldnt be a member on these boards, Craig.

So from now on, i hope the posts made on this thread will be DISCUSSIONS about how she would be, IF and only IF she was in the role...not WHEN. Sheesh. :)

"The Light in the Piazza....My Love"

AnnaK<3LMIP
#49re: Vanessa Hudgens of HSM possibly next Wendla in SA?
Posted: 8/21/07 at 10:11pm

Again, to be fair, a lot of these posts were talking about why she shouldn't. Or what might happen if she would.