pixeltracker

THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews- Page 4

THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#75re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 11:44pm

Yeah Carlotta she was great. When I saw it it was John Treacy Egan was the chef. He was so funny.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#76re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 11:48pm

What wsa the audiences reaction to "Les Poissons"?? How did they do it with Sebastian and Louis??

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#77re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 11:53pm

I believe this was in another post, but Sebastian has a small red hat with two eyes kind of sticking out from it. He hides under the table while he moves his hat at the bottom of the table and then on the top. Then when the chef finally gets him two chef assistants take the tablecloth and hold it up-ways or side ways so you can't see Sebastian run off stage with them. Unfortunately you can tell he's there, but I guess you have to ignore it. Overall a good way to do it b/c it's a fun song and you have to keep it!

2008 European Tour

jacobsnchz14
#78re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 11:54pm

How was "She's in Love"? I heard it and it is great but how is it done onstage?? I want to know everything! lol. :) That's my new fave song.

NewYorkYankee2006 Profile Photo
NewYorkYankee2006
#79re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 9:47am

just been on the denver post website to check out the review and it seems as if the little mermaid rocked!!!! so glad for the cast. although, they do have to make some changes to some of the costumes and some of the scenery. sean palmer looks very cute as prince eric, but i don't like his costume that much. they need to stick to the movie with his costume as well as getting rid of the signing contest scene. i would much prefer it be the scene with eric and vanessa's wedding.

overall, i think the cast did pretty good. well done!!!!!!

jacobsnchz14
#80re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 9:59am

I thought that song was dumb!

"I'm the One! I'm the One! I'm the One!!!"

Bring back Vanessa!

"What a lovely little bride I'll make, my dear I'll look divine. Things are working out according to my ultimate design. Soon I'll have that little mermaid and the ocean will be mine!!"

re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews lol.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#81re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 10:18am

This sounds like a fancy, bloated children's show with no clear concept and uninspired creative choices.

I sat through that once, with Mary Poppins. I have no intention of sitting through it again with Chicken of the Sea on Ice.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

germ83
#82re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 10:20am

My source close to the costume designer tells me that her contract is up officially on Sept. 1st. I am not sure what that means...if they are bringing someone else on..or if they just have to extend her contract to make any changes for the show. But I do know that she has plans to be on a plane back to Russian near that date...so...think what you may, I know what I think.

MungoGypsy8232
#83re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 11:51am

Heidi Blickenstaff and Cicily Daniels are the Ursula understudies. Is Sherie wearing a fat suit?

EganFan2
#84re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 1:20pm

Question: If Ariel gives up her voice, how is it that she can sing "Beyond My Wildest Dreams"?

MungoGypsy8232
#85re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 1:22pm

How big is the part of Grismby? I'm just curious because he has two understudies.

Little Merboy
#86re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 2:36pm

"Question: If Ariel gives up her voice, how is it that she can sing "Beyond My Wildest Dreams"? "

Because she's thinking in her head, the spotlight shines on her only. And to let the audience, and whoever is too dumb to realize this, Carlotta states "I can't help but wonder whats going on in that pretty little head of hers," that leads into the song.
Updated On: 8/25/07 at 02:36 PM

overthemoonboy
#87re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 3:24pm

I discussed the show with my friend and explained the whole ending and we were just so pissed that there isn't a Vanessa. WHAT IS THE POINT OF STEALING THE VOICE IF SHE DOESN'T USE IT?! Yeah, I understand that it might be so Ariel can't say to Eric, "I sang a power ballad in your face while you were unconsious," and then they get together. But still, we feel it's a bad plothole.

Also, we feel that they shouldn't have some of Ursula's tenticles RIP OFF when she gets out of her bubble thing. (You guys know what I'm talking about, I think.)

And we think, like many others, they need to either stay abstract or literal. Our preferance right now is abstract. After all, we love the water level waves.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#88re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 3:26pm

it sounds to me like the whole thing is already abstract....how realistic is a mermaid in general (no matter how fish-like the tail may look)>???

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#89re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 3:40pm

jacobsnchz14, for the She's in Love number her sisters are wondering what is wrong with her because she is happy and is wearing new shells. They have some silly fin jokes, etc. and they realize in the middle of the song that she's in love. Then Flounder comes out and sings the rest of the song and he too realizes that she is in love and that's about it. It's a fun song, I had it in my head for days.

I think the singing comp. is a good idea since Ursula doesn't become human. It is silly, but oh well. I liked the one girl who does her belt and head voice and whatever the third part was. It's nice to show off the ensemble for a sec.

2008 European Tour

*brina-doll* Profile Photo
*brina-doll*
#90re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 3:58pm

Have any new reviews been released yet (I heard one of them was going to be released today)?

Your aspirations are your possibilities-Samuel Johnson (and a little help from nomdeplume)

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#91re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 4:07pm

Any half-naked mermen in the production?

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#92re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 4:27pm

Oh yes, lots of them. Norm Lewis looks really good shirtless...

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#93re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 4:45pm

Norm Lewis shirtless? My God if I was wearing pearls right now I'd be clutching them...

TenThousandThings Profile Photo
TenThousandThings
#94re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 6:00pm

Best12: " . . . Chicken of the Sea on Ice."

LMFAO. You made my day. re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews

jacobsnchz14
#95re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/25/07 at 8:30pm

Since Sherie is skinny, does it make Ursula look like Morgana, her sister, from the second movie??

NewYorkYankee2006 Profile Photo
NewYorkYankee2006
#96re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/26/07 at 2:23pm

sherie rocks as ursula! 'i want the good times back' and 'poor unfortunate souls' are currently my top 2 songs for the show!!! for the people who has seen it in denver, has anybody got a copy of the 'part of your world reprise' audio clip sung by sierra?

joshy Profile Photo
joshy
#97re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/26/07 at 3:13pm

NewYorkYankee2006, turn on your private messages...

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#98re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/26/07 at 3:16pm

ah, I heard Sierra sing "Part of Your World" and Sherie sing "Poor Unfortunate Souls" on...that site, and they sound unbelievable
I'm really going to try and see this in November
And I hope they're able to turn this show around because I'm tired of seeing bad Disney shows :P

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)
Updated On: 8/26/07 at 03:16 PM

MungoGypsy8232
#99re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/26/07 at 4:19pm

I love Sherie's 'Poor Unfortunate Souls'!

Videos