pixeltracker

Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Loves the 80s Vol 2- Page 2

Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Loves the 80s Vol 2

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#25re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 1:57am

It was fantastic. Marty Thomas can sing the crap out of anything (he sang "We Belong" by Pat Benatar and "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey, one of my absolute favorite songs). Brad Bass sang "King of Wishful Thinking" and was great, and Stanley Bahorek, Aaron Albano, and Jared Gertner knocked it out of the park with a great medley at the beginning. Also loved Jose Llana and Julia Murney's rendition of "Endless Love".

Great concert, Jamie!

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#26re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:02am

I LOVE "Don't stop Believin'" - so sad I missed it.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#27re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 3:04am

I think the "Endless Love" duet may have been my favorite number, just because Julia and Jose's facial expressions during that number were *priceless*. Also much love for Julia Murney's "Heartbreaker" too. And for Rob Evan doing "Livin' on a Prayer."

And I also got a kick out of Lea Michele's adlib of 'I'm old enough to drink' before she started "I Love Rock n Roll," after Mo Rocca was mocking the fact that she was, you know, born in the 1980s...Rocca is a really great host for this event, the man really does know too much about the 80s, I love it.

Thanks for the great concert Jamie, looking forward to vol. 3!
Updated On: 11/13/07 at 03:04 AM

broadwaybaby086
#28re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 3:12am

This event was fantastic. I enjoyed it MUCH more than the first installment. The song selection and performances were top notch. Special props to Julia Murney's "Heartbreaker," Mo Rocca's....being himself, everything Marty Thomas did, the Broadway Boys' song, and the medley by Stanley, Aaron, and Jared. Also to the drunk table up front.

Thanks, Jamie! I hope you raised a great amount of funds for a great cause. Plan #3 now, please! :o)

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#29re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 3:13am

...Also to the drunk table up front.

Lolol.

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#30re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 3:30am

You guys rock! Thanks for the great feedback. I was really proud of everyone tonight. One person even performed with a pretty rough case of food poisoning.

With all the stuff with the strike going on and personally losing a little faith when greedy battles are being fought, it's really nice, and encouraging to learn that there are people who are out there truly doing things for the love of it.

Thank you to everyone who came to support this cause. Please take a minute to go visit www.jdaf.org and check out what we are really all about.

Jamie

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God

Poppy
#31re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 7:30am

Couldn't make it but it sounds like a fab night. Could someone tell me what Rob Evan sang? And will there be a video, audio, anything? Thanks.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#32re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 7:31am

Can someone tell me what Josh S. sang? Was it just with the broadway boys, or did he sing something separately?? Thanks!

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

shesamarshmallow
#33re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 8:05am

Josh Strickland, Kate Shindle, Curtis Holbrook and everyone from Hairspray were no shows.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#34re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 8:12am

Josh Strickland's name should have been removed from the list of performers. He backed out awhile ago according to his website.
Updated On: 11/13/07 at 08:12 AM

shesamarshmallow
#35re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 8:21am

Josh Strickland and Ashley Parker Angel were actually listed on the programs - the others I guess had backed out in time.

I assume the Hairspray boys were going to do the New Kids on the Block medley, since that didn't happen.

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#36re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 8:24am

He may not have informed them he backed out. His site posted the day after the notice he wouldn't be performing. Awwell. I can't wait to see The Broadway Boys at Birdland!

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#37re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 9:08am

Hey there

Just wanted to chime in about the no-shows. It's very unfortunate that these things happen and I hate to disappoint people with things like this. Lance, we found out about 2 days ago due to a double booking and the moment we found out, he was pulled from the Joe's pub website and press release. Lance made a very nice donation to the foundation as well as some autographed books to auction off.

Ashley Parker Angel was apparently injured last week in Hairspray and I had assumed he would still be able to do the show, but he never responded to phone calls, so I held out hope he would still show up.

Yes the Hairspray boys were supposed to do the NKOTB medley, which had been rehearsed, but with all the drop-outs, would just not have been a good thing (so we've already asked them to plan on it for Vol 3).

The Broadway Boys send me a list of the people who are confirmed for the concert a few weeks in advance, and I put them on the press release. I was just never informed of any changes, so I advertised what I knew.

Curtis Holbrook had to be in LA and was supposed to sing Livin on a Prayer, which is why Rob Evan came in at the last minute to do it. And finally Kate Shindle called me the morning of the show to tell me about her bout with some bad food poisoning. Kate ROCKED the last concert and I know she would have been there if she could have been. - Again, sorry for the no-shows, but it seems like a good time was still had by all.

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God

shesamarshmallow
#38re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 9:18am

It was still amazing and, in my opinion, much better than Vol 1.
And I guess I'm alone in thinking that a Van/Kasey only NKOTB medley would be awesome? :)

Bellichka Profile Photo
Bellichka
#39re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 10:29am

And I guess I'm alone in thinking that a Van/Kasey only NKOTB medley would be awesome? :)

You are definitely NOT alone! :) (P.S. shesamarshmallow, your avatar is fantastic).

Even with the no-shows, it still sounds like it was a great night. I'm assuming Jamie-Lynn Sigler didn't show, either? That's weird, because she was added to the line-up so recently.

"50 Cent is fabulous!" - 50 Cent.

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#40re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 10:39am

No, Jamie-Lynn was there and an absolute sweetheart to work with. She sang "After All" with Mo Rocca.

Poppy
#41re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 11:53am

Unfortunately no shows often happen at these gigs but it still sounded like a great night. Wish I would have been there.
G-d Bless Rob Evan...he's always willing to step in and help out a good cause. Do miss him on Broadway but his stints with Neil Berg are always enjoyable. Thanks for the info.

#42re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:26pm

Can someone tell me what Josh S. sang? Was it just with the broadway boys, or did he sing something separately?? Thanks!

Josh was supposed to perform with the broadway boys. It was announced on his fansite the day after the event was posted publicly that he wasn't going to be attending due to prior plans.

jezi Profile Photo
jezi
#43re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 6:11pm

Oh wow, I would've LOVED to hear Curtis Holbrook sing Livin' on a Prayer!

Oh well, still a wonderfully fun night filled with awesome music! All the performers were really great :) Good times!

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#44re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 9:19pm

Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that Rob Diamond, who was at the concert last night, posted our running order in the Broadway Pulse - check it out!
Rob's Broadway Pulse

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#45re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/13/07 at 11:57pm

Just wanted to stick my head in to say how much I loved last night...and Amy Wren's Gloria was fierce!

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

broadwaybaby086
#46re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:10am

All hail Amy Wren!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#47re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:44am

Jamie:

Broadway Loves the 90s?

please?? :)

ashley0139
#48re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:20pm

I'm going to NEED a Broadway Loves the 90s.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

ashley0139
#49re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
Posted: 11/14/07 at 3:14pm

Will there be any photos from this? Or did anyone here take any?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife