Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:54pm

THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW WE HAD NO IDEA

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

BestOfBothWorlds Profile Photo
BestOfBothWorlds
#2re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:55pm

YOU'RE VERY WELCOME GLAD TO BE OF PERSONAL SERVICE TO YOU CALL AGAIN ANYTIME.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
BestOfBothWorlds
#4re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 10:11pm

THIS IS A TRULY GREAT VIDEO. WELL DONE.

localonecrew
#5re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 10:12pm

seems that a producer who wanted to be on the negotiating group and who got shut out did some research on the big time union busting lawyers that the league hired. found out that of the 16 unions they were hired to bust they lost in all 16 cases. of course the league had never looked into this. it is consistent with the way they run their shows. when the lawyers record was presented to some members of the league, mr. schonfeld(sp?) and disney decided it was time to get involved. they shut down the upstarts and called local one and set up a meeting for saturday. seems the radical frankel-libin-mccormick troika has finally been backseated and now the old guard is stepping up to do what is right for all parties.

BestOfBothWorlds
#6re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 10:14pm

Wow, a real response. I thought I was just baiting everyone to be snarky at me by reposting a topic. I guess you didn't see the one about the whipoorwills down there.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#7re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 10:17pm

THANK YOU AND I AM JUST TEASING YOU BY STILL USING ALL CAPS

re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table

BestOfBothWorlds
#8re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 10:20pm

Oh, I definitely hear that. My first response was in all caps just because I was so proud of myself for successfully baiting a BWWer with nothing better to do than to police the boards pretending that more than one thread about the same topic would kill them.

bk
#9re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 10:58pm

" seems that a producer who wanted to be on the negotiating group and who got shut out did some research on the big time union busting lawyers that the league hired. found out that of the 16 unions they were hired to bust they lost in all 16 cases. of course the league had never looked into this. it is consistent with the way they run their shows. when the lawyers record was presented to some members of the league, mr. schonfeld(sp?) and disney decided it was time to get involved. they shut down the upstarts and called local one and set up a meeting for saturday. seems the radical frankel-libin-mccormick troika has finally been backseated and now the old guard is stepping up to do what is right for all parties."

Fantasyland is a wonderful place, isn't it?

How did I know you'd make a post like this? When this is all settled by Monday (and it will be), you will be the first to trumpet that Local One WON and got everything it wanted and aren't you the berries and thanks producers for caving. Just like the AFM did when they settled. Only the AFM got little of what it wanted and it's going to be the same here. Everyone will do what they could have done weeks ago - bend, and it will be done and then both sides will cry victory and the world will go on and probably be a sadder place for you, Localonecrew, since it seems to me that you have enjoyed every minute of being on this site hours and hours a day posting the same old same old.

While your criticism of the League waging their fight in the press might be true, what members of Local One have done on the two major chat boards is the same exact thing. I look forward when the strike is settled how you perceive the gains and losses.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#10re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:04pm

Sigh. I wish every thread on the front page of Broadwayworld was about the strike. Why should we discuss the societal implications of Sweeney Todd, or the possiblity of Jason Robert Brown having a new musical on Broadway, or our favorite Tony Awards performance when we can post strike threads all the livelong day?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#11re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:32pm

A reference to Working the Musical! Good show!

localonecrew
#12re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:43pm

"Localonecrew, since it seems to me that you have enjoyed every minute of being on this site hours and hours a day posting the same old same old"

I would guess that i have posted from 1/2 hour to maybe an hour a day.

as to the rest of your post , i probably wont crow victory. i am worried that my local is going to give up too much to end this strike. i would prefer to stay out a while and make this the war to end all wars. i want the producers to be bleeding in the streets before we go back. i want to make sure that we never have to go through this again.
they forced us out and i want them to lose their shirts and realize we are not to be f*cked with again.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#13re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:44pm

Omigod, BroadwayBound86. I don't even know you but you are officially my favorite person of the day!!! That was SUCH a subtle reference to Working, and I didn't think anyone would comment on it! You gotta love a lively opening number with orchestrations that really sound like the everyday workforce in action! YAY.

Thank you Walt Whitman and Stephen Schwartz. I hear America singing! The stagehands singing... the producers singing...

THIS is what BWW should be about. BroadwayBound86, me likey. re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table

Rotel1026
#14re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:46pm

If we don't discuss the strike to death, then we'd have exciting things like a possible Rocky musical or the even more exciting Little House on the Prairie musical. So now you see why people are discussing the strike.

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#15re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:55pm

lol Thanks Infinate! I saw it last Feb. at The Zipper. It was fab!

Rotel....you forgot to mention the possibility of Spiderman as well! *cringes at the thought*

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#16re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/15/07 at 12:02am

I think both of those things are perfectly valid topics for discussion. Even if your contribution to the discussion is, "I DON'T think Rocky is a good source for musicalization, and this is why..."

They are both up and coming works by interesting musical theatre artists. Rocky, to me, sounds like a variation on Golden Boy... and Ahrens and Flaherty are a fascinating choice for the score. This isn't the type of musical they've worked on before, and I think they both bring tremendous specificity to each project. Who knows what it will sound like? I think seeing them adapt a commercial film into a stage project is very interesting. And who are they seeking for the leads? And how much of the source material will they keep? And is this a feasible project?

And I've heard parts of the Little House on the Prarie demo that I thought were promising. If you don't like something about this idea, a discussion about it can be enlightening for both sides as well. Zambello is obviously becoming an increasingly important director in the field. (Wasn't she supposed to direct First Wives Club at some point?) And is her niche "women's musicals"? And will the Guthrie run lead to a New York run? And how will the midwest accept this specific musical, which draws on a source they are already attached to? And has anyone noticed that almost the ENTIRE creative team is female? Female director, lyricist, composer, book writer (Rachel Sheinkin!), choreographer... That's nearly a phenomenon. How many predominantly female creative teams do you see on Broadway right now? How are these not valid topics for discussion?

Of course, I think the strike is a more than valid topic for discussion as well. But I don't think that dismissing ALL other news and activity of the theatre world at this time is helpful. Or necessary. Or fun.

bk
#17re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/15/07 at 12:07am

"I would guess that i have posted from 1/2 hour to maybe an hour a day."

A simple look at your posting history would tell a different story, but as I said, you seem to enjoy Fantasyland, so I leave you to it.

"as to the rest of your post , i probably wont crow victory. i am worried that my local is going to give up too much to end this strike. i would prefer to stay out a while and make this the war to end all wars. i want the producers to be bleeding in the streets before we go back. i want to make sure that we never have to go through this again.
they forced us out and i want them to lose their shirts and realize we are not to be f*cked with again."

The producers will not be "bleeding" in the streets and sorry that it won't turn out to be the war to end all wars. In the end, it will be just like the AFM settlement, and yes, your union WILL be crowing and spinning, just as the League will be - but anyone who looks at the actual settlement will know the truth.
Updated On: 11/15/07 at 12:07 AM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#18re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/15/07 at 1:54am

Producers don't sing, ITF.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

bk
#19re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/15/07 at 4:14pm

Naturally, localonecrew has left the room after making a specious and completely untrue statement (about the producers and their lawyers). Perhaps a saner head from the union told him it doesn't do their case any good to have people on a public message board posting things that make them look like complete idiots.

Why are they back to the tables on Saturday? Because a certain Mayor talked to BOTH sides and told them it would be in everyone's best interests to do so. This he said as strongly as possible, and both sides got the message.

don logan Profile Photo
don logan
#20re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/15/07 at 4:23pm

We should lock them in the room and not let them eat sleep or pee till it's resolved.

"Never before has an American president been so closely tied to a foreign power that harbors and supports our country's mortal enemies."

jasper2
#21re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/15/07 at 4:27pm

Does anyone think it is at all possible for shows to resume on Sunday, considering the musicians' strike ended after one day of negotiations?

Fosse76
#22re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/15/07 at 4:37pm

"Why are they back to the tables on Saturday? Because a certain Mayor talked to BOTH sides and told them it would be in everyone's best interests to do so."

That is absolutely NOT true. While the mayor has INDEED been attempting to get the two sides together, he had absolutely no involvement or influence in the two sides agreeing to meet this weekend.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#23re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/15/07 at 5:57pm

To Jasper

I doubt it as the issues here are far thornier & the bad blood between both parties is quite striking.

Poster Emeritus

bk
#24re: League and Union Schedule a Return to the Negotiating Table
Posted: 11/15/07 at 6:02pm

Fosse76, sorry, you are incorrect. Which is why localonecrew and the rest of his cronies have disappeared.