Spring Awakening cast ?

mizzfit24601
#1Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/22/07 at 7:14pm

Who knows in FULL CONFIDENCE, OFFICIALLY, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT, NO EXCEPTIONS, when John Gallagher is leaving the cast? Don't say "I think I heard Dec. 9 or anything, if anyone knows FOR SURE, please, please tell me.

broadwayboy1017
#2re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/22/07 at 7:33pm

i promise you, he is leaving the 9th.

mizzfit24601
#2re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/22/07 at 8:50pm

Can you site this information? Give me the sources. And do you know what he will be doing after he leaves?

sleepyguy1717
#3re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:30pm

No can say in FULL CONFIDENCE, OFFICIALLY, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT, NO EXCEPTIONS, when John Gallagher is leaving the cast but John Gallagher. Go ask him if you want to know so bad.

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.

ILuv2shop531
#4re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:54pm

yeah, i mean the only place i have even heard of him leaving at all is here. spring awakening won the tony this year & so did he. It hasn't been reported on broadway.com, here, or playbill.com/ people would want to know if a tony winning actor is leaving a musical.

mizzfit24601
#5re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 11:58am

Ask him how? I don't have a way of contacting him.

sleepyguy1717
#6re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 12:59pm

I rest my case. Unfortunately, we just won't know until it happens. Or there is a public statement. If you want to buy tickets for his last show, or before he leaves or something, you're just going to have to guess.

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#7re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 1:08pm

Oh, my...he's there almost every night of the strike. Go out and ask him yourself - it's not like his bodyguards won't let you re: Spring Awakening cast ?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

mizzfit24601
#8re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 2:09pm

That's a little hard, I don't live in New York, I live in West Virginia, and I'm in school and can't just fly up there to ask him. (I re-read that and it sounded kind of rude, but I'm not being rude, I'm just saying...)

sasshill
#9re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 2:56pm

december 9th is about an official of a date you're going to get at the moment (and has been so since early november). unfortunately there's no way for people to "prove it" without sounding obnoxious about how they know, hence the lack of people popping up to confirm.

ETA: other than the many OSP concerts in december-march, i haven't heard that he has anything else lined up. Updated On: 11/23/07 at 02:56 PM

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#10re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 4:15pm

Can I just point out that nobody knows for sure if he's even leaving at all?

I know you. I know you. I know you.

ILuv2shop531
#11re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 4:43pm

thank you! i keep saying on all the boards like this, the only place he has even been reported to be leaving is here on this messageboard.

sleepyguy1717
#12re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 5:58pm

I hope he doesn't. He's a cutie. Teehee!

DownstageRight2
#13re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 9:06pm

john IS leaving but his leave may be pushed back from its original december date due to all of the missed strike performances. hope that helps a little.

ILuv2shop531
#14re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 9:33pm

i'm going to the city tomorrow to hopefully see the grinch or xanadu (providing they are on TKTS). If i get one of them i am going to try to stop by SA before & see if i can catch JG Jr & see if i can ask him if and when he is leaving, not sure if he would tell me but it's worth a try (he is always very nice to fans).

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#15re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 10:35pm

Grinch was the only Broadway show on tkts late today, Friday, all 400 shows they were doing.

ILuv2shop531
#16re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/23/07 at 10:41pm

that is good to know. i'm hoping that goes for tmrw too, 11 & 2 shows kind of helps.

bigbigbill Profile Photo
bigbigbill
#17re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/24/07 at 12:20am

I promise you he isn't leaving on the 9th because I asked him. He said that was a rumor.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#18re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/24/07 at 12:22am

When do Lea and Jonathon leave?

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#19re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/24/07 at 1:20am

From what I gather, John's departure was rumored to be on Sunday, December 9th, but with the strike and all, I have an inkling it will be pushed back to a later date.

As for 'The Groff' and Lea, only time will tell... Have faith, kids, they'll be with the show for a while.

mizzfit24601
#20re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/24/07 at 7:37am

Jonathan and Lea won't be leaving until May.

ILuv2shop531
#21re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/24/07 at 9:05pm

thats good it was a rumor, i really was hoping it was. I went by the theater today around 1:35 & talked to Jonathan, Lea & Phoebe for a few minutes. I just said i enjoyed them in the parade & all and hoped the strike was over soon. Haha, Jon asked me if i was suppose to see the show today & i'm like "no, i saw the Grinch & am such a big fan i knew that everyone would be there then". He laughed & the three of them took a pic with me. & Jon & Lea signed my cast album. But, like whole cast was there. I was going to ask John about the leaving rumor but he looked like he was in a deep conversation, so i didn't want to disturb him. Ha ha i think John is taking "advantage" of the strike, he looks like he hasn't shaven in about a week. lol.
Here's a copy of the picture:)(Does anyone else LOVE Phoebe's hat?)
re: Spring Awakening cast ?

Updated On: 11/24/07 at 09:05 PM

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#22re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/24/07 at 9:26pm

I used to have a hat like that. And I think that is the first picture I've seen where Phoebe doesn't look absolutely gorgeous. Here, she just looks...tired.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#23re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/24/07 at 9:56pm

If Johnny's last isn't the 9th (which it is) it's still Spinella's last which will be a huge loss for the show.

ILuv2shop531
#24re: Spring Awakening cast ?
Posted: 11/24/07 at 10:05pm

Was steven's ever confirmed for definite?
Updated On: 11/24/07 at 10:05 PM

Videos