just saw pbs company

broadwayboy1017
#1just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 8:26pm

all i can say is that it was AMAZING. so well shot, and just done perfectly!

RentBoy86
#2re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 8:27pm

How?

broadwayboy1017
#2re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 8:28pm

a dvd, my friend works for the producers that did company. should be airing in april!

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#3re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 8:32pm

Why so far away? What's the hold up?

COOOOLkid
#4re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 8:44pm

You just wanted to brag.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#5re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:16pm

The hold-up is simply scheduling issues.

Since it will be part of PBS' Great Performances series, I'm sure the only opening in their already set schedule is around that time. All the 'new' programming airing has been in their schedule since BEFORE this revival of COMPANY was even taped/filmed, which was in late June 2007. They can't just put it in and remove another scheduled show just for us.

BeingAliveNYC2 Profile Photo
BeingAliveNYC2
#6re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:20pm

It is supposed to come out on DVD too right?

'If they told you you could never love yourself, it was a lie.'- Taboo

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#7re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:29pm

they should just release it on dvd now if it's ready... we are all waiting patiently for it :) I know my dvd player is drunk waiting for raul...

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#8re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:34pm

I know I'm just impatient, but the "new" programming they keep showing is stuff we've seen before. Over and over. I can understand wanting to wait until a pledge drive to air it (PBS's version of sweeps month) but why April? There will be at least one, if not two pledge weeks between October and April.

I would think they could bump the umpteenth airing of one of the multitudinous Andrea Bocelli outings in favor of Company. re: just saw pbs company

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

misschung
#9re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:36pm

lol, true humbug.

Plus, if they get it in before the holidays, people might buy it as a gift..

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

BeingAliveNYC2 Profile Photo
BeingAliveNYC2
#10re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:36pm

"we are all waiting patiently for it"

Well, not exactly patiently... re: just saw pbs company

'If they told you you could never love yourself, it was a lie.'- Taboo

RyToast1
#11re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:37pm

Maybe they should put the people who put the bare CD together in charge of selling the DVD!!

RyToast1
#12re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:45pm

bump

donna_darko_23
#13re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 12:14am

Not till April? I really doubt that their schedule was COMPLETELY booked until April. I suppose we shouldn't complain quite so much because at least they took the time and money to preserve this brilliant show with Raul. That can't be said about many other great shows.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#14re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 12:21am

they were gonna release Light In The Piazza too. Point being, when it airs, you may want to Tivo it just in case.

....but the world goes 'round

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#15re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 12:53am

You know, not everyone who's seen it already feels the need to brag . re: just saw pbs company I'm glad all you could come up with to say about it was the most overused word on this board, though. re: just saw pbs company

I'd forgotten that PBS sets its programming dates so far in advance.

I don't think they were ever supposed to release Piazza -- it's part of a whole different series, and the Great Performances piece are often released to DVD, which isn't the case for the Live From Lincoln Center stuff. By all means, tape it so you can have it before the release, but I don't think the assumption that Piazza was going to be released and fell through has anything to do with that. There's already a deal for Company's commercial release.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 11/23/07 at 12:53 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#16re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 1:07am

I did not know that! That's great then. I was so nervous that the dvd deal might fall through. thanks em.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#17re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 1:11am

I don't think there's anything to be nervous about. I mean, yeah, sh*t happens, but this is a different situation from Piazza's airing.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#18re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 1:13am

cool

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#19re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 1:58am

(As he fires up his D.B. Pennybaker film of the "Company" OCR)

Somehow can't get interested....

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#20re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 12:28pm

Also, PBS did not film nor invest any money in filming COMPANY. The filming was fully funded by a private investor.

PBS negotiated with the private investor for the rights to air it. That's all.

As mentioned before -- PBS only releases material used in their Great Performances series on homevideo/DVD. They do not own the Lincoln Center productions therefore can not and do not release any of the LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER productions on homevideo/DVD. They only have the rights to air them.

And yes...it has already been confirmed that COMPANY will be released on DVD after the PBS airing.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#21re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 12:33pm

Yay! I love Broadway DVDs. They should keep a record of old musicals and new that were taped and should air one every day for a month.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Zipz01
#22re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 12:38pm

Well, the rest of you may be waiting patiently, I am not! Once a month at least I google pbs, great performances, company, etc, and only can find out that Company has been filmed. WHEN will we ever get to see it?? I maintain my belief that all Broadway shows should be filmed, even if they're not released until after they close. Legally Blonde on MTV was one of the most exciting events in tv history as far as I'm concerned. Now I want MORE MORE MORE!!

misschung
#23re: just saw pbs company
Posted: 11/23/07 at 1:02pm

You know, not everyone who's seen it already feels the need to brag

seriously - everyone is trying to be patient - don't fan the flame!

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

Videos