pixeltracker

I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!

I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!

lovinlovett Profile Photo
lovinlovett
#1I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 11/30/07 at 2:05am

I live in Atlanta and at the office where I work we sometimes get tickets to advance screenings for some films at a theater down the street. I usually don't go because they're on work nights or for films I'm not interested in seeing. BUT! Today I was getting ready to leave for home when I noticed...Sweeney Todd advance screening passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeee!!!! For December 5th!!!!!! I snatched up those passes so fast! I'm so excited and I just can't wait for Wednesday, I just had to share! Of course, no one in my office knows anything about this movie/show so they were all looking at me like I was nuts (which I probably am). I'm curious if the other people that come will have any clue what they are in for, I'm nervous about the audience reaction!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#2re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 11/30/07 at 7:27am

Make sure you read the fine print and expect NOT to get in.
We don't want a repeat of that Hairspray Screening Meltdown "BUT I HAD TICKETS AND WAS THERE FOR HOURS!!!!!!!!!!" thread.

PEACE.

lovinlovett
#2re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 11/30/07 at 10:11am

*panic* Oh, no! Why? What happened at the Hairspray screening?

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#3re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 11/30/07 at 10:15am

I believe there was a mix-up with the passes. They were available online for anyone to get and when all of those people went to the theater for the screening they were denied because apparently the only valid passes were ones from hair salons or something.

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#4re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 11/30/07 at 10:33am

I was under the impression that some people with online passes got in, but the hair salon passes were admitted first. I didn't waste my time trying to attend one.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

lovinlovett
#5re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 11/30/07 at 11:26am

Ok. These are AMC theater passes so....we'll see. It says to get there early. I just don't know if it will be crowded or not being in Atlanta and all. But I'll get there early just in case.

Anyone out there live in Atlanta? Our office had more passes and I doubt anyone else wants them. If they are still there on Monday I could drop them in the mail to someone. The screening is Wednesday, December 5th at the Cobb Parkway AMC in Vinings at 7:00.

Let me know!

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#6re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 11/30/07 at 5:01pm

OK, y'all might get a kick out of this:
I just googled "Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets" and this thread came up first!

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

lovinlovett
#7re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 11/30/07 at 5:33pm

That's funny! I feel famous, ha ha!

Okay, is it abnormal to be as excited about this movie as I am right now? I'm obsessing just a bit re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!! Updated On: 11/30/07 at 05:33 PM

ChrisLovesShows
#8re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 11/30/07 at 11:15pm

Don't feel bad lovinlovett, you're just an obsessive fan like the rest of us! I was the same way when the Dreamgirls film was coming out. I could not imagine how I was going to wait the remaining weeks for the film to arrive. I couldn't wait to order the soundtrack and wait for shipping (of course), so the day it was released I went to a nearby Barnes & Noble that has a great soundtrack and Broadway recording section to buy it. As I was leaving the store a clerk approached me and asked it I was the one who bought the Dreamgirls soundtrack. I said yes, and he said, "Oh we just got these and I thought you might want a couple." It was two ADVANCE SCREENING PASSES!! I almost screamed. But it was still almost a week away. I swear I obsessed about it constantly and sometimes had trouble getting work done. Of course, then it started all over with Hairspray. This second coming of the movie musical is gonna kill me! You're not alone! re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!

Updated On: 11/30/07 at 11:15 PM

lovinlovett
#9re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/1/07 at 7:56am

Good to know I'm not alone!:) I bet you were thrilled about those passes! How was your experience at the advance screening? Was it crowded? Did they give you a survey to complete?

broadway_freak2
#10re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/1/07 at 11:49am

I just found out about the screenings last night by accident, and when I went online, the Screening is SOLD OUT in my area! I want to cry... very much.

ChrisLovesShows
#11re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/1/07 at 12:13pm

Actually the Dreamgirls advance screening was pretty laid-back. This was in Austin. We got their about an hour early which was in plenty of time. No survey or anything. I was later surprised to hear of the commotion surrounding the Hairspray screenings. Not sure how early you should get there for Sweeney. An hour might not be enough.

broadway_freak, which website did you look at for tickets?

broadway_freak2
#12re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/1/07 at 1:08pm

I used Film Metro. All three screenings they have are sold out according to them.

lovinlovett
#13re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/4/07 at 8:19pm

My screening tickets are for tomorrow night!!! I can't wait but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. Wish me luck!

Steam Heat2 Profile Photo
Steam Heat2
#14re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/4/07 at 10:45pm

Good Luck! I am really jealous right now because I don't think I can wait until the 21st in my area to see it!!

Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I don't know... I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me... that's the opposite of the point I'm trying to make.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#15re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/4/07 at 10:53pm

Do you think 30 minutes early will be enough time to get seats?

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#16re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/4/07 at 11:51pm

They ALWAYS give out more tickets than there are available seats. Some sneaks I've been to NEVER fill up the seats, but more than once I've arrived 45 minutes early and either had to sit in the front near the screen, or not been able to get in at all.

Just err on the side of caution...

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#17re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/5/07 at 1:28am

How the hell do you FIND tickets for a sneak?!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

MattJSour
#18re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/5/07 at 3:55pm

I usually use this website to find free movie screenings. It lists the free screenings by movie and then by different companies offering screenings state by state. It is a pretty good website that is often updated. Good luck getting free tickets.

http://nhmehta.blogspot.com/2007/01/advanced-screenings-guide-index.html

lovinlovett
#19re: I have Sweeney Todd advance screening tickets!!!
Posted: 12/5/07 at 9:55pm

I'm back and, yes, I did get into the screening! Yipee! I'll put my review in the sweeney review thread.

Videos