Ticketmaster

iluvmydog Profile Photo
iluvmydog
#1Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/3/07 at 7:20am

Why is it when I go to tickemaster I am not given a choice of various seats? Just one location and that is it? Can you call there and ask them to give you all your choices?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 6:23am

I've never called. I try to go to the box office whenever possible (benefit of living in NYC). But I think the roundabout's site is the only one where you can pick out your own seat.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 6:32am

Ticketmaster's system is designed for large events like concerts. To them, "best available" equals closest to the stage, even if the seat they offer you is well off to the side. Unlike Telecharge, you are not allowed to view multiple sets of seats for the same performance, then return and purchase an old set if it is still available. The only way to see multiple sets of tickets on Ticketmaster's site, that I have figure out, is to have multiple windows open and running at once. However, for that to work, you have to be quick.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 6:50am

Ticketmaster is hands down the most user unfriendly ticket-purchasing site for Broadway theatre.

And the service charges are the highest.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#4re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:10pm

My favorite Ticketdisaster fee is the $2.50 they want you to pay to print the tickets at home. That has to be the most absurd fee they've ever tacked on. They want to charge you a convenience fee for me to print the tickets out myself, using my printer, my ink, and my paper. I am the one saving them time and money, not vice-versa. It kills me that the least convenient method for them- holding them at the box office- is the only one that is free.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:15pm

"It kills me that the least convenient method for them- holding them at the box office- is the only one that is free."

And even so they do not always offer that option. Does anyone know why? Do you have to buy closer to the event date?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:15pm

1. LOVE the ticket purchasing at the Roundabout.
2. Yes, if you talk to a live person at ticket master you will get a bit more help...but they are probably looking at the same type screen that you would. Certainly can't hurt to try. They usually TRY to be helpful.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wanna Be A Foster
#7re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:18pm

But keep in mind, they charge MORE for you to purchase tickets over the phone than they do for you to do so online.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

iluvmydog Profile Photo
iluvmydog
#8re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:22pm

How do I buy tickets via Roundabout?

iluvmydog Profile Photo
iluvmydog
#9re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:23pm

I can actually go to Ticketmaster in person I believe. That is how a friend of mine purchased tickets recently.

Wanna Be A Foster
#10re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:29pm

Roundabout tickets:

http://www.roundabouttheatre.org

-Kad

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#11re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:50pm

I prefer using TicketTron and Bass Tickets.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#12re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 2:08pm

Brody, TicketTron-that is a blast from the past. hahahaha

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#13re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 2:20pm

iluvmydog ~ I know there have been places that serve as ticketmaster outlets, that's probably what you're talking about.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#14re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 2:26pm

"My favorite Ticketdisaster fee is the $2.50 they want you to pay to print the tickets at home."

Another cost that Ticketmaster has in the works is "Ticket Insurance". Hopefully it will be optional.

#15re: Ticketmaster
Posted: 12/4/07 at 2:50pm

Ticketmaster is programmed to sell tickets in order- every seat is numbered. The seat that comes up is closest to front & center. Sometimes people doubt this or have favorite seats.

When I was selling tickets, I saw it happen all the time: "This is the best seat avaialble." Customer: "Hmmmm. I want this seat over here." ME: (Looking it up) "That is sold already." Customer: "Oh. well then I'll take that other seat you showed me." Me: "Too late, that seat is sold now. The best seat is now back here!" Customer: "no, no, no! No fair! I want that seat I rejected to look around!" (Cries, runs to post on message board)

Just buy the seat they reccommend.

Videos