pixeltracker

"What's your favorite show?" -- what answer would be the biggest turnoff?- Page 2

"What's your favorite show?" -- what answer would be the biggest turnoff?

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#25'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 5:51pm

Oh come on! I bet half the people on this site would kill to just be on a date! 'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

knicknut
#26'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:05pm

Wow, some of you would want someone to die if they asked you what your favorite musical was because you assumed they were trying to judge you and feel superior? You must be paranoid, have anger problems, are overly superior yourselves, or probably all of the above.

Wow, no wonder people complain about the animosity and anger on here. I mean really...

"Hi, what's your name?"
"Joe, what's yours?"
"Jane. I hear you like Broadway musicals."
"Yeah, I do. What's your favorite musical?"
"You're a piece of s***, you know that? How dare you ask me that question--you're just trying to judge me! I should beat you to death!"

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#27'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:12pm

High School Musical

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

#28'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:13pm

Doll it's not the question. It's the aura of superiority that drips off every inch of you when you ask it.
Updated On: 1/22/08 at 06:13 PM

knicknut
#29'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:18pm

Oh come on. If you say you've never judged someone negatively when they told you a show they like you're lying.

And trying to interpret my questions as superior is extremely cynical. You know exactly what I mean and what I"m trying to ask.

And I really love the condescension as you ridicule me for sounding superior. Is that intentionally ironic?

MiniMenzel08
#30'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:44pm

High School Musical!!!
I can't stand it!!!

#31'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:47pm

Ironic? Is that like a black fly in your c****nay?

yellibean2
#32'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:50pm

Although there are quite a lot that would lead me to quickly judge them, many of which I've heard, but when they say Legally Blonde, that's just a deal breaker. I mean, you can like it, I don't understand why, but to each his or her own, but if you say it's your favorite, you really need to examine your values.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#33'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:51pm

No show would turn me off ! At least if he liked theater there'd be something to talk about ! Now, Sports, on the other hand...

jbdc
#34'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:52pm

The biggest turn-off would probably be something like "Brigadoon." If that's what gets them excited, imagine how they'd be ... you know... at the end of the date.

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#35'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:54pm

A deal breaker would be if they DIDN'T have a favorite. I like people with passion, and a passion for theater, and if they have chosen a show that I don't care for, it's not the end of the world, as long as they have a great appreciation for theater, they are in.

(Unless its BROOKLYN)

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#36'what's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:02pm

If I met a straight guy who HAD a favorite play or musical(which hints that this hypothetical guy had seen more than one) I wouldn't care which one it was.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#37'what's your favorite condescending question?'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:04pm

blunt force trauma.

for the children.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

#38'what's your favorite condescending question?'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:19pm

Why the hell did they think Char don nay was a dirty word?

jbdc
#39'what's your favorite condescending question?'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:22pm

if you take off the c and the nay at the end, there's a a euphamism left in the middle

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#40'what's your favorite condescending question?'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:29pm

What a great question.

I would have to say Mama Mia..to me it represents people who "just don't get it." When people find out I am Broadway obsessed and we start talking, if they love shows like Phantom, Cats, Mama Mia,
I am glad they enjoy the theater, but I realize instantly that we have very different taste.

The_Jackal Profile Photo
The_Jackal
#41'what's your favorite condescending question?'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:57pm

I don't think it would be a total deal breaker, but I would definitely be slightly put off if someone said High School Musical...

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#42'what's your favorite condescending question?'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:59pm

it's a hard question, joe.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

knicknut
#43Thanks
Posted: 1/22/08 at 8:27pm

I'm enjoying a lot of the varied responses. Thanks for not letting the repeated efforts of a couple people ruin a thread of interesting opinions.

And insertclevernamehere, I take it you don't have very good luck finding straight guys who enjoy theater. Funny, I can't seem to find girls that enjoy the fact that I enjoy theater.

neddyfrank2
#44Thanks
Posted: 1/22/08 at 8:33pm

I Love You You're Perfect Now Change

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#45Thanks
Posted: 1/22/08 at 8:34pm

Cats, Aspects Of Love, or Starlight Express. I could probably forgive any other Lloyd Webber show, but those three are a definite no-go.

If he said any Adam Guettel, Stephen Sondheim, Jason Robert Brown or David Yazbek, I'd be a happy bunny. ^_^

bwaylvsong
#46Thanks
Posted: 1/22/08 at 8:36pm

I hate to say it, and I don't dislike the show (I've actually only seen the movie), but RENT. While I enjoyed the film, I can't possibly imagine the stage show being even one of anyone's favorite shows.

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#47Thanks
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:00pm

knicknut, I have never met a straight guy who loves musical theatre. I thought you guys were a myth like Bigfoot. Plus, you could probably find your future wife if you were in community theatre and told girls you liked theatre. Just a thought

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

MiniMenzel08
#48Thanks
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:02pm

"I have never met a straight guy who loves musical theatre."

I have!!!!

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#49Thanks
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:30pm

Wikud.