pixeltracker

SUNDAY... Post Your Thoughts & Opinions- Page 5

SUNDAY... Post Your Thoughts & Opinions

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#100re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/28/08 at 11:04pm

I saw this yesterday and loved every single minute of it. Daniel Evans and Jenna Russel deserve every bit of praise that they're getting -- two amazing performances.

I want to go back and see it again asap!

justabwaybaby Profile Photo
justabwaybaby
#101re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 1:04am

Just saw it again tonight....I don't normally go back so soon, but I wanted to see it without my obnoxious friends before the semester got too intense.

I sat in the last row, rear mezz. It was still fantastic.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#102re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 1:19am

My friend was there tonight (Actually last night, Tuesday). It was a concierge night. He loved it. He called me as he was leaving the theater and said he was speechless. He loved it. he likes Sondheim and after seeing this (He didn't get to see the original but is familiar with the show and the music) it just may tie as his favorite Sondheim show. He is wanting to go back tomorrow night as he has been invited. AS much as he raved, I suspect he will be back to see it tomorrow.

Just give the world Love.

p.s.
#103re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 9:50am

I sat in the last row, rear mezz. It was still fantastic.

I generally love to sit in the front row.
Are first row seats for this show lousy?

p.s. Tomorrow

shesamarshmallow
#104re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 10:19am

Will the projections be considered part of the set design or lighting design?

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

RyToast1
#105re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 11:07am

marshmallow, I was wondering the same thing!

--I saw the show last night, and while I suck at writing reviews, I'll ramble for a bit.

I loved, loved, loved it. I have never cried at a show like I did last night. Every time the entire company would sing "Sunday," I would just start to bawl. It was so beautiful. There was not a thing about the production that I didn't like. I think the projections worked so well, especially since it was a piece about art.

I got my Sondheim-signed libretto, it was $40 for the signed copy, and $30 for the unsigned.

The rear mezz seats suck for someone my height, but oh well. Also, I've never seen Studio 54 so packed. I've also never gone to a show there this early in the run.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#106re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 11:13am

Thanks for the thoughts, Ry!

I assume that there are more than like, 10-15 librettos now???

I'd do ANYTHING to get one come 04.19

RyToast1
#107re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 11:17am

I was one of the first people in the theatre last night, so I was the first person to get one, and while I was paying for it, the next person who came up and bought one actually got the last copy. They had to take our copies off of the displays, so I'm not sure what their stock is like. Maybe someone can report after today's show!

justabwaybaby
#108re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 2:07pm

^Oh! Then I think I saw you... I went up to buy one just as the last two were sold...

RyToast1
#109re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 2:10pm

I was the stunningly handsome fella with the other equally stunningly handsome fella in the black pea coats re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here

I had on some sweet red sneakers!

justabwaybaby
#110re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 2:31pm

Okay. Yeah, I think I did see you. re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here

I was the awkward looking girl in the brown-ish jacket, red-ish scarf, jeans, and boots.

MungoGypsy8232
#111re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 4:07pm

who is understudying whom?
Updated On: 1/30/08 at 04:07 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#112re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 6:57pm

George- Santino Fontana
Dot/Marie - Brynn O'Malley
Yvonne, Old Lady, Nurse, Mrs., Naomi, Blair, HArriet - Colleen Fitzpatrick
Soldier, Louis, Franz, Alex, Billy, Lee: Jeff Kready
Celeste (1 and 2), Freda, Elaine, Silent Artist, Betty-Hayley Podschun
Boatman, Jules, Charles, Dennis, Bob - Andrew Varela

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#113re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 9:53pm

Totally random, but Barry Manilow is at the show tonight :))

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#114re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 10:06pm

Did you see the show tonight Testing?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#115re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 10:32pm

Going on Sunday... wife is there tonight with a co-worker.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#116re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 10:33pm

wonderfulwizard11, I like your signature. :oP

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#117re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 10:37pm

Great minds think alike. re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#118re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/30/08 at 11:55pm

Just got home from the show. It was amazing, and you all should go see it. I sat on the row F and sat right behind Barry Manilow and crew. He seemed to have loved the show!

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#119re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/31/08 at 12:40am

Is the show truly better in the mezzanine than the orchestra? I got front row center, mid mezzanine.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 1/31/08 at 12:40 AM

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#120re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/31/08 at 12:42am

Saw it tonight. Did enjoy it overall. Still have the same complaints about the show I've always had. But overall it works. The projections really do work in this show and its beatuifully staged. Major complaint that the orchestra is not in a pit and isnt any bigger than 5-6 members.

And when did Bernadette Peters get cloned? Jenna was good yes, but my god she sounded exactly like her. Not that doing an EXTREMELY good Bernadette impression is a bad thing. I just wonder how much Jenna listened to the original cd over and over and over again to sound EXACTLY like Peters without some of her lower register singing. Honestly, an extremely similar performance. No Rivera anywhere in sight this time to steal a Tony. Although Prince & Lupone (who's Rose is no threat to Jenna's Dot & Marie) are looming.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#121re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 1/31/08 at 1:11am

I still don't think Jenna and Bernadette sound completely alike. Jenna's accent is obviously totally different, and she sings with her accent. Yes, at times there are similarities. But Jenna's Dot/Marie sounds pretty different to me. And this is based on listening to Jenna on recording for almost two years, and seeing her during the first preview on Broadway.

Updated On: 1/31/08 at 01:11 AM

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#122re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 2/1/08 at 1:20pm

Has anyone rushed for this yet?

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#123re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 2/1/08 at 2:11pm

Is SUNDAY... even doing rush?

I haven't read-up on anything on Roundabout's site...

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#124re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
Posted: 2/1/08 at 2:23pm

Rush tickets on the day of the performance at the box office and half-priced student rush tickets available 30 minutes before curtain on day of performance.

And don't forget hiptix which seems to be even better.