Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#1Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 8:48am

Did Bebe ever play Aurora in Kiss Of The Spiderwoman?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

stage_door76 Profile Photo
stage_door76
#2re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 8:58am

I don't know the answer - but I personally think she would be divine.

"...But Kungurtseva reels off multiple fouettes and the tape is stopped so she can take a bow. The Jester, an abomination introduced to Swan Lake in Soviet times, extorts applause from the audience. The cuts don't help the storytelling, the production is bare bones and they go for the '50s-style happy ending. The audience cheers like mad at the end. It's the Russian ballet, after all..."

Flaunt It
#2re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 8:59am

Yes. In london.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#3re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 9:06am

I can sooooo see this re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.

Thanks, Flaunt it.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#4re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 9:17am

She killed the show dead in London. She had none of the charisma that Chita brought to the show from day one and the show closed not long into her contract. The production became 'The Bebe Newirth Show'! Note she was never asked to play it in NY.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

Gothampc
#5re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 10:03am

Chita was the best Aurora. The voice, the dancing, the characterization was all perfect.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

husk_charmer
#6re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 10:48am

I would die to hear her sing the title song.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#7re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 10:57am

I liked Vanessa when she did it on Broadway. I love Chita but I always thought that Aurura was a bit younger then Chita was when she was in the show.

...and now they have Natacia Diaz here in DC playing her... and she looks like she is 18.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#8re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 11:31am

I would love to have seen Neuwirth as Aurora, or at least hear her in the role. I can see how she may not have been great in the role though.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

rosscoe(au)
#9re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 5:25pm

Thanks, I know that Caroline O'Connor was asked to play the role in London after Chita left, i just had no idea that Bebe was the replacement.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#10re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 5:31pm

It was strange because they looked for a name replacement and went with Bebe but nobody knew then or even now in london!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

The Insider
#11re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 5:36pm

Bebe left Cheers in the middle of its last season to do so.

rosscoe(au)
#12re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 5:37pm

Is there a recording somewhere?

rosscoe(au)
#13re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 5:42pm

Updated On: 3/12/08 at 05:42 PM

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#14re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 7:40pm

All recorded except Bebe!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#15re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 8:48pm

I saw her in it in London and she put me to sleep.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#16re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/12/08 at 8:52pm

The first time I read the title, I thought you meant Princess Aurora in "The Sleeping Beauty." I was soon given a vision of Bebe Neuwirth in a pink tutu doing the rose entrance.

I got very confused.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#17re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/13/08 at 12:25am

I remember reading that they were going after Shirley Bassey to replace Chita in "Spiderwoman" in London.

Was she not interested or couldn't she handle the schedule and/or the dancing, I wonder.

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

evic
#18re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/13/08 at 7:41am

I heard that Hal Prince despised her and vowed never to work with her again........forgot the story but something about her throwing her shoes because she didn't like them-sounds like Bebe-weird behavior

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#19re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/13/08 at 12:35pm

I saw it from the first row at The Shaftsbury in London and am a big Neuwirth fan. It was a matinee. The energy was very strange. It was all so mechanical, without any passion. Very rote. In the blown-up photos outside the theatre, she had the bob wig emmulating the original hair design, but on stage, what appeared to be her natural hair flowed freely at a much longer and less styled length. I was disappointed.

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#20re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/13/08 at 12:41pm

It was the 8 or 6 performances a week that put dear old Shirley off though she was very serious about doing it. The name that followed her was Elaine Paige.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#21re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/13/08 at 12:43pm

It was all so mechanical, without any passion. Very rote.

Bebe Neuwirth? You MUST be joking. Bebe is always so vulnerable, touching and warm in everything she does. re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.

Gothampc
#22re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/13/08 at 1:54pm

But could Shirley Bassey dance it? It really needs a dancer. What I didn't like about Vanessa Williams was her dancing looked forced.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#23re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/13/08 at 3:18pm

are there NO pictures of Bebe in the role? I still cannot imagine her as Aurora... or Vanessa William pixs wud be great as well!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#24re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.
Posted: 3/13/08 at 4:36pm

re: Bebe Neuwirth as Aurora.