GYPSY Reviews

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#75re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 9:20pm

Well, what matters to me is that people know that whoever is bashing the show under my name (especially so obnoxiously) isn't me.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#76re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 9:20pm

If you go to YOUR SETTING (left site on Site Feature) then Scroll down to the bottom of the page..click EDIT SETTING...Under Personal information...second - Password- delete that..and write new one... scroll down again and hit UPDATE... that should take care of it...

J*

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#77re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 9:22pm

I just did that, Jay, thanks!
What is absurd is that when you click on "your settings" it tells you what the current password is which is ridiculous.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#78re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 9:33pm

Yeah. I know. I work doing computer security& conversion..

Its a MUST that WE ALL change our password every month at least bec. it will be very easy to hack this site..unfortunately...re: GYPSY Reviews

Some sites now have extra precautions...like questions that they asked you.. ex..name of highschool? first pet? fyi- I change my BWW password every month now...on all my accounts... its also good to have a little book near your computer and cross out all your old password.

its as EASY as that... someone can send you a spyware to your computer and they will be able to figure out what site you go and all the information...

SO be careful... Do NOT open or download things that people give you...you dont know if they inserted a spyware to monitor your web activities...OPEN only attachments from people you TRUST!

J*

Updated On: 3/27/08 at 09:33 PM

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#79re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 9:59pm

USA Today is up. 3 stars. Not sure quite what to make of it.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/theater/reviews/2008-03-27-gypsy_N.htm

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#80re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:01pm

The usa review is the kind of review that can be written without actually attending a performance.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#81re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:02pm

Well she really liked the 3 leads, it seemed. Updated On: 3/27/08 at 10:02 PM

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#82re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:02pm

What an odd review.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#83re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:08pm

I've never changed my password on this site. Maybe I should.

Back on topic... This production looks so amazing and the reviews, for the most part, are great. Ah, I really want to see it.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#84re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:11pm

Very exciting reviews!

Definitely one of the most thrilling afternoons i've ever spent at the theatre, second only to the revival of 'Sunday...'

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

jagfkb
#85re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:12pm

The video clips of Patti on Broadway.com look GREAT! though I miss the polished lok of the other revival, I love this new set, and patti's performance was flat out amazing! I'm buying tickets ASAP!
Updated On: 3/27/08 at 10:12 PM

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#86re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:13pm

Here's the NY Times.

http://theater2.nytimes.com/2008/03/28/theater/reviews/28gyps.html

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#87re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:15pm

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 3/27/08 at 10:15 PM

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#88re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:16pm

"And yes, that quiet crunching sound you hear is me eating my hat.".

LOL Brantley.

Huzzah

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#89re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:16pm

another quote:

In July, when an earlier version of “Gypsy” starring Ms. LuPone had a limited run as part of the Encores! summer series, this powerhouse actress gave a diffuse, narcissistic performance that seemed to be watching itself in a mirror. She was undeniably Patti with an exclamation point, the musical cult goddess, offering her worshipers plenty of polished brass, ululating notes and winking sexiness. But Rose, the ultimate stage mother of Gypsy Rose Lee’s memoirs, was as yet only a wavering gleam in her eye.

What a difference eight or nine months makes. And yes, that quiet crunching sound you hear is me eating my hat. As directed by Arthur Laurents, this latest incarnation of “Gypsy,” the 1959 fable of the last days of vaudeville, shines with a magnified transparency that lets you see right down to the naked core of characters so hungry for attention that it warps them.

Updated On: 3/27/08 at 10:16 PM

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#90re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:19pm

blaxx, you are quoting Brantley's City Center review. He clearly likes the Broadway version and thinks Lupone has found her focus.

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#91re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:20pm

blaxx: You're quoting his earlier review from this summer. This time around he gave an all-out rave.

ETA: Smaxie beat me to it.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Updated On: 3/27/08 at 10:20 PM

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#92re: GYPSY Reviews

I believe this is what we call a rave.
I'd call it a love letter also.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#93re: GYPSY Reviews

You're right Smaxie, sorry.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#94re: GYPSY Reviews

Brantley is a RAVE.

Patti's got the Tony now.

wow.

I'd cal it a love letter too. Updated On: 3/27/08 at 10:20 PM

Yankeefan007
#95re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:21pm

Maybe I'll eat my hat, as well.

We shall see, shan't we?

neddyfrank2
#96re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:22pm

I would say Patti is in the final running for a Tony now.

Faith Prince better watch out.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#97re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:22pm

I totally agree with Brantley that Patti was trying out different interpretations of Roses last summer. And now she has REALLY found IT.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#98re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:23pm

Eat this hat and hallelujah
Looks like Patti showed it to ya.

re: GYPSY Reviews

Updated On: 3/27/08 at 10:23 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#99re: GYPSY Reviews
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:23pm