pixeltracker

Krysta Rodriguez question/love...

Krysta Rodriguez question/love...

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#1Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:16pm

I have seen her in Spring Awakening and A Chorus Line (and was blown away in both shows by her voice and presence), and was so excited to open my program for "In The Heights" this past weekend to see that she was in the cast - however, as the show went on, I couldn't pick Krysta out from the ensemble....can anyone provide a picture or description of which ensemble girl she is? I feel like a bad fan that I didn't recognize her, but I know someone here can help me out! Thanks!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:20pm

re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...

The one on Rickey's shoulders.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#2re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:22pm

yeah the one with the short black hair

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#3re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:22pm

Is it possible that she wasn't in the saturday matinee and no insert was given in the program? I seriously didn't see anyone that looks like Krysta, or anyone with a haircut like her in that picture!

dancingthrulife04
#4re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:23pm

I believe she was out this weekend. Since she's in the ensemble they don't have to give an insert.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#5re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:23pm

I had always wondered why she left a role like Bebe in ACL to become an ensemble/understudy. I mean, I'm sure she has her reasons, but isn't that like demoting herself?

Does anybody know how long she was Bebe?

dancingthrulife04
#6re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:24pm

Not very long, like 6 months?

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#7re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:26pm

I feel better now, I really would have felt bad if I just didn't notice her. I think she left ACL so she could have another credit on her resume - and also because I think she might have a better chance of replacing a current leading cast member when they leave. And plus, who wouldn't want to be part of something as new and exciting as ITH?

teka21
#8re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:26pm

Krysta has short, straight dark hair and is very petite. In ITH, she primarily dances/sings in center/upstage area on the upper platform of the set. She is a terrific dancer who can act and sing beautifully. Easy to see why ITH brought her on as the female lead understudy, she is so versatile.

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#9re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:29pm

well for starters she's going to be another OBC of a great new up and coming show...

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#10re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:38pm

Third from the left in this photo

Testing1232
#11re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:40pm

She is absolutely striking ! Beautiful woman !

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#12re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:43pm

I can't believe she is only 23... she has had an amazing career so far lol. She is so talented not to mention nice. She was in one of my summer classes and she is the sweetest and smart.

Invito Al Cielo Profile Photo
Invito Al Cielo
#13re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:45pm

She's amazing, I would love to see her covering a lead over at ITH.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#14re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:47pm

I saw her sub in for Karen Olivio a few weeks ago and really enjoyed her. She brought a new sort of spunky heart to Vanessa.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#15re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 11:17pm

She is gorgeous! I really enjoyed her in the show! I can't believe she's only 23. I hope she goes far!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#16re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 11:22pm

she's my age!!! I always thought if Chaperone had run longer, she would have made a fantastic Janet.

theaterguy11 Profile Photo
theaterguy11
#17re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 11:32pm

She seems to have a fan base...but she hasn't REALLY done anything...confused. I mean ensemble of Spring...and Bebe...hmmm. I thought she was weak in the ensemble of In the Heights

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#18re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/30/08 at 11:38pm

I've always wondered why she would leave a Tony Award winning show(Spring Awakening) and go to A Chorus Line to only leave that show 5 months into it for In The Heights were she's only an ensemble member.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#19re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/31/08 at 12:53am

Well, I believe this specific ensemble track was created for her, and it gives her a chance to understudy the two major lead roles in an up-and-coming show. It's a very smart career move. She's getting out there, working with as many people as she is able to, and sometimes she gets to go on stage and play the meaty female leading roles.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#20re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/31/08 at 9:15am

She was in Encores Bye Bye Birdie, She was in Good Vibrations as a swing and I think she covered some leads there, She was in Goodspeeds The Boyfriend and toured with it.. moved on to Spring Awakening, A Chorus Line and In The Heights where an ensemble track was made just for her. I'd say for a 23 yro her career is amazing. Why stay in "A Chorus Line" and risk getting injured where she may not be able to dance in the future? She is fantastic to watch on stage in ITH. She has already gone on for Karen Olivo one or two times.. I can totally see her being in the revival of "West Side Story" as Maria or one of the other Shark Girls.

dancingthrulife04
#21re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/31/08 at 9:40am

I don't know, I think three high profile Broadway musicals in a year is a good thing. re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#22re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/31/08 at 9:59am

I would cast her as Anita before Maria. Maybe that's just me.

In any case, the girl is damn talented and is getting work left and right. Who cares if it's ensemble or not - it's a JOB!

Testing1232
#23re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/31/08 at 12:32pm

I believe (as someone mentioned before) that she understudies (3) of the lead roles. I am sure she will get plenty of opportunities to show off her talent during her time "In The Heights"-

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#24re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/31/08 at 1:12pm

I am a big Krysta fan. I never got to catch her in A Chorus Line. Wanted to but see her but it seemed like I turned my head and she wasn't in it anymore. But, I am glad to have caught her in In The Heights. She is a very good singer and dancer. When I found out in the playbill she was a cover for Vanessa I wanted to try to catch her in that role. I did last week by chance and had front row tickets via lottery as well. She is just amazing. I am hoping that she will replace Caren when Caren leaves.

She is also the nicest person ever at the stage door. You can tell that she is enjoying what she is doing and loves to interact with all the fans.

I am suprised that she is only 23. She looks much younger then that.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Videos