A Chorus Line 4/27

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#1A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/27/08 at 8:51pm

I rushed this morning - for some reason I felt the need to get there at 8- and one of the workers got there at 10 30 and told me to go grab coffee, warm up, and come in two hours when they open.

I really enjoyed the show - not as much as I would have hoped because alot of my friends love it and rave about it constantly but I feel maybe it's because they're actors and I'm not and they relate more?

I really did enjoy it though - specifically the numbers "Dance 10 Looks 3" , "One" , "Hello Twelve"

Mario Lopez was good- good. yeah. I had like five understudies today - Al, Sheila, Cassie, Bebe, and another boy... I can't remember.

I thought Al and Shiela were wonderful

I also LOVE Val - Jennifer
wonderful

Overall a good theater experience, 4/5 Stars

Zeitoujo
#2re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/27/08 at 8:56pm

Too bad you missed Deidre.
What were the names of the u/s you saw?
I once saw a Sheila u/s and hated her!

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Zeitoujo
#2re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/27/08 at 8:56pm

I once saw a Sheila u/s and hated her!

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/27/08 at 8:58pm

He once saw a Sheila u/s and hated her!

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#4re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/27/08 at 9:08pm

Mike Cannon was Al
and
Kimberly Dawn Neuman was Shiela

and I lost the others slips of paper on my way back home

thank you for informng BrodyFosse- I infact did *not* know that he once saw a Shiela u/s and hated her.

ghostlight2
#5re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/27/08 at 9:24pm

Jessica Patty plays Cassie every Sunday. Bebe was played by Lyndy Carter. E. Clayton Cornelius went on as Paul.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#6re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/27/08 at 10:14pm

Yep those were them

thank you:]

Bebe was good too now that I think about it.

Wabitfwee
#7re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/27/08 at 10:59pm

Did you mean "Val - Jessica"?

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#8re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/27/08 at 11:09pm

No, Jennifer Foote plays Val

broadwayrob
#9re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 12:52am

nope.. jessica lee goldyn plays val. see my profile picture? :)

4/12/08.

although you probably saw an understudy.

pretty sure she's scheduled to leave with the rest of the original cast *who's left* in july .

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#10re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 12:56am

Saw the show this past week, as well. Some brief thoughts:

Mario was just fine. Aside from being a bit tentative in the final number, he was rock solid (in every way.) It was a genuinely good and passionate performance. And FINALLY, the "One Rehearsal" confrontation with Cassie *worked (as best it could...but it was always like death between Beresse and d'Amboise.)

Changes for Mario: he's now the first out and to bow in "One." He also takes the center point in the wedge (usually, and rightfully, Paul's slot.) The character Larry (Nick Adams) also now wears a zip-up hoodie in the "One Rehearsal" scene (I'm told this was Mario's request.)

The only change that really didn't work for me (and I fault the directing team) is in the scene prior to "Music and the Mirror." BOTH Cassie and Zach are onstage 3/4 of the scene (as opposed to Zach coming down the aisle towards the end.) It totally killed the desperation and tension prior to the song. Both actors seemed awkward.

Jessica Lee Patty was on for Cassie (not one of her reg. scheduled performances), and brings everything to the table that Charlotte lacks.

Jennifer Foote was on for a vacationing Goodwin, and it was a decent Sheila performance. But she lacked bite and sharp wit.

Bryan Knowlton was superb (again) as Paul.

But back to Mario. A respectable job all-around.
Updated On: 4/28/08 at 12:56 AM

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#11re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 1:18am

wow I just looked the playbill- my bad, Jennifer Foote is right above Jessica. sorry.

broadwayrob
#12re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 1:50am

and my bad for sounding snarky ... but jessica is amazing :)

stepkickkickleapkick2
#13re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 2:11am

Lyndy Franklin played Bebe.

Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#14re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 9:53am

Lyndy Franklin played Bebe.

Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman

That was funny.

I saw Lyndy as Bebe a few weeks ago, thought she was great.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#15re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 11:56am

I wonder if Dena DiGiancinto is alright?? Lyndy's been covering Bebe for 3-4 weeks now. Maybe Dena's injured??

I wonder if this was E. Clayton's first time covering Paul as Joey Dudding is the main cover.

Jessica Lee Goldyn is amazing as Val, she always gives it 150%. And I would love to see Jessica Lea Patty as Cassie again but all my Sundays are booked up for a while. Too bad you missed Deidre as Sheila.

And all of the remaining original cast members are leaving at the end of July.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Fosse76
#16re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 12:29pm

"I wonder if Dena DiGiancinto is alright?? Lyndy's been covering Bebe for 3-4 weeks now."

Not true. Sunday was the only performance this week she was out.

dancingthrulife04
#17re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 12:32pm

ACL- Maybe you're thinking of when Dena was out a few weeks ago? I think she had been on vacation. I remember checking Broadwayunderstudies.com before I went and Michelle covered part of the week, and then Lyndy was on for the rest.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

broadwayrob
#18re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 1:07pm

ACL2006 .. is that final performance for the rest of the original cast on july 27th? i need to know because i'm buying tickets :)

thanks!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#19re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 2:41pm

I'm trying to find out myself so I can get tickets as well. When I know I'll let everyone else know.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 4/28/08 at 02:41 PM

ghostlight2
#20re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/28/08 at 5:14pm

"Lyndy Franklin played Bebe.

Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman"

"That was funny."

That WAS funny. Sorry. Freudian slip of some sort? At least I got the first name right.

philmck
#21re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/30/08 at 9:35pm

Who's playing Greg these days? Michael Gruber is still listed on the website, but he s/b gone in prep for the touring production, which opens in Denver soon. They're not too good about keeping that site updated.

dancingthrulife04
#22re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 4/30/08 at 9:38pm

Tommy Berklund is Greg now.

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#23re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 5/1/08 at 12:32am

Yep, Dena was in when I saw the show this past week. She did a lovely job, and as for looks, she was the most-suited out of the revival's three Bebes.

Berklund did a fine job, and was quite dashing. But he lacked the dry delivery of Paternostro and Gruber.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#24re: A Chorus Line 4/27
Posted: 5/1/08 at 12:33am

Plus, about half of the ensemble members/swings are no longer with the show. It really bugs me that they haven't updated the cast list on their website expect for the Lopez addition. And they have no information about the national tour. It does open on Tuesday.

Videos