pixeltracker

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)- Page 3

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

Vixiedust2 Profile Photo
Vixiedust2
#50re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/7/08 at 8:02pm

what a great idea to bring Curtis in! can't wait to see his Sonny again I was sad I only saw it once!

Idinster87
#51re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:47pm

Hey,

Just in case you guys didn't see, I have to cancel my NYC trip in a few weeks. I have an onstage seat for XANADU on Thursday, May 22. I'm hoping to get about $30 for it (it's usually $41 or so), but really I'm more interested in making sure it gets to someone who will go and enjoy it =-D Please PM me if you are at all interested. Thanks guys.

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#52re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:38am

bump for Idinster...

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#53re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:49pm

Excerpt from today's NY Post by Michael Reidel about Tuesday's Tony nominations titled Nomination Droppers:

"Xanadu" has emerged as a scrappy contender. The producers sent the nominators a copy of a New Yorker rave, and it seems to be doing the trick... the following are likely to get flowers from their agents Tuesday morning... Tony Roberts ("Xanadu")... Cheyenne Jackson ("Xanadu") re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

https://www.nypost.com/seven/05092008/entertainment/theater/nomination_droppers_109995.htm

I hope they don't forget Kerry, Mary & Jackie too... fingers & toes crossed!

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#54re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 1:00pm

NY Daily News had a nice mention for Kerry and her CD here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/arts/2008/05/09/2008-05-09_on_stage__cd_send_in_the_crowns.html

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

chad2 Profile Photo
chad2
#55re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 1:46pm

I was there on the 26th and the Teddy bear was auctioned. It was really fun!! They got $500 for it! Also, there were two people bidding each other. At the end, the highest bidder paid and gave the bear to the second highest bidder. Jackie was the auctioneer.

Idinster87
#56re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 3:38pm

lol thanks for bumping my post, WonderRobbie. If any of you guys are feeling like seeing Xanadu in a few weeks, definitely let me know. =-D

jeffrey1dog
#57re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 4:08pm

I'm so happy to hear about the teddy bear. I was told that after the high bidder paid for it they donated it back to BCEFA to be auctioned again, which is awesome re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

masterthes
#58re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 6:31pm

FYI, Patti will be on tonight as Kira

#59re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 7:07pm

Does anyone know if Cheyenne is scheduled to be out tomorrow night? It's going to be my third time going, and he's been out both times. And while I've no complaints about Andre or Curtis, I'm itching to see the real thing. :)

WonderRobbie
#60re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 7:22pm

I haven't heard anything... and since it's so close to Tony-time, I'm pretty sure he'll be there.

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

FuturePenny2
#61re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:22pm

Glad to hear Patti went on but i PRAY Kerry is there tomorrow night for my bday onstage with a few girlfriends.. her and cheyenne NEEEEED to be there lol

He's so nurturing! - Penny Pingleton, Hairspray

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#62re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:48pm

Tonight was a planned absence for Kerry (she's not sick) :)

FuturePenny2
#63re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:54pm

Thanks for letting me know Craig! I feel so much more safe now lol.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#64re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/10/08 at 1:09am

Yay for Patti posting on her facebook that she was going on last night!! I had been dying to see her and ClumsyDude and I really liked her. Her "Suspended in Time" was amazing!!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#65re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/10/08 at 1:43am

ClumsyDUde could simply not stay away from the DU.
obsessedjb and I had a blast in the orchestra. We got student rush and sat in Orch Row F.
You can now buy glow sticks and rock out in the audience.
Cheyenne was CRRRAAMAZING as usual.
Patti was fan-flippin-tastic and her "Suspended in Time" was gorgeous, but she is still no replacement for Kerry.
Tony was wonderful as always
Kenita, Kate, Dean Kyle and Andre rocked it
and of course, Mary and Jackie were hysterical.

During "Never Be Far Away." Tony's hat fell into the audience and someone had to hand it up to him. He and Patti looked so funny when it happened. It was hysterical.

At the stagedoor, I fell on my butt after being talking with Cheyenne and giggling like a fool. I think he saw.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 5/10/08 at 01:43 AM

buddharich
#66re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/10/08 at 10:28am

I love love love love love XANADU!! (:

I'm hoping it gets tons of Tony love on Tuesday: best musical, book, lead actor, lead actress, featured actor (Tony R.), featured actress (jackie H.), featured actress (Mary T.), director, choreography, scenic design, lighting design, sound design, costume design, and orchestrations. Who'd a thunk that such a terrible movie musical would make for such a GREAT broadway musical?? (: I'm not ruling out a tony win for Xanadu, since I think it's the secret favorite of many of the voters. If they don't go PC (in which case the excellent In the Heights will win, which is o.k. with me, but i'd vote for Xanadu!) (:

Cheyenne Jackson deserves to be a major major major star!!

buddharich
#67re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/10/08 at 10:29am

I love love love love love XANADU!! (:

I'm hoping it gets tons of Tony love on Tuesday: best musical, book, lead actor, lead actress, featured actor (Tony R.), featured actress (jackie H.), featured actress (Mary T.), director, choreography, scenic design, lighting design, sound design, costume design, and orchestrations. Who'd a thunk that such a terrible movie musical would make for such a GREAT broadway musical?? (: I'm not ruling out a tony win for Xanadu, since I think it's the secret favorite of many of the voters. If they don't go PC (in which case the excellent In the Heights will win, which is o.k. with me, but i'd vote for Xanadu!) (:

Cheyenne Jackson deserves to be a major major major star!!

jeffrey1dog
#68re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/10/08 at 11:46am

buddharich - Well that was worth a 'double post' haha.
And that's what we've been saying for almost a year now re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

WonderRobbie
#69re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/11/08 at 12:02pm

Just wanted to wish FuturePenny a Happy Birthday!
Hope you had fun last night... I know I did!

re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

[believe]

FuturePenny2
#70re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/11/08 at 1:02pm

Oh Robbie I had an AMAZINGGG time!!! Thanks so much! It was so great to finally see you! re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

kate2
#71re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/11/08 at 1:46pm

I'll be onstage with two of my best friends on the 25th... anybody else? If anybody's available, go then and meet up with us!

WonderRobbie
#72re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/12/08 at 3:34pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.cfm?colid=27812&a=on

Cheyenne and Douglas Carter Beane talk about the fans! re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

[believe]

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#73re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/12/08 at 3:39pm

Kerry will be appearing on the CW11 Morning News (New York) tomorrow morning (5/13) at approximately 7:40am.

kate2
#74re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:39pm

Hm, 7:40 is pretty early to wake up... especially on my first day of summer (I survived my first year of college... YAY!) I'll probably wake up, hopefully catch Kerry, then sleep, sleep, and sleep! The things I do for Xanadu :)