pixeltracker

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)- Page 5

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

Luvinbroadway Profile Photo
Luvinbroadway
#100re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:08am

"On Tuesday night the Mezz was pretty much completely empty. I was in the Orchestra so I didn't even notice it until I was leaving. The onstage seating wasn't totally sold out either.

"As a matter of fact during the scene where Sonny goes to the empty theatre it went something like this:

*Cheyenne carries in ghost-light and makes the comment about it being empty*
Mary and Jackie do their giggling and cackling, but Mary really dryly went "Yeah, it's empty!"
Cheyenne said: Must just be some mice...some giggling and sarcastic mice."

Soooo best musical..i.e not a banner year!

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#101re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:11am

Well, to be fair, I've been there on sold out random days too. It isn't like it's always empty. That was just the one night and it was a Tuesday which is the slow night anyway.

Also, this was the day the Tony nominations came out, so the buzz from that hadn't kicked in yet.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#102re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:13am

and to be fair, that line has been used before. It's called going for a joke. It wasn't (specifically) about the attendance and could easily be mocking the character of Sonny for thinking he's alone

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Luvinbroadway
#103re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:14am

It hasn't cracked 80% in the whole run (except during the strike when NOTHING else was running)..in the smallest house on Broadway...

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#104re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:23am

I'm not sure what your point is LB? I guess it's safe to say that you don't like the show?

Luvinbroadway
#105re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:27am

Just stating a fact!

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#106re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:28am

Oh I know I wasn't meaning it as a comment on the attendance of the show in general. I'm the last person to say it would be doing badly. I never had that impression. I chalked it up to being a Tuesday. The joke being because it was empty didn't even occur to me during the show but I was surprised to see the Mezz so empty. I was hardly trying to make it sound like I think it's doing poorly. I was more just pointing out that for getting tickets, Tuesday was pretty empty.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#107re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:30am

Oh.. I was referring to LB's commentary. And since he started a thread just to point out a few negative reviews about Xanadu, I think it's safe to say that although he's "just stating a fact!" - he is in fact dismissing the show. Which is his right.

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#108re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 11:59am

well it just goes to show what I've been going through for the past year... People will always knock Xanadu no matter what... even if they've NEVER seen it which I think is quite hilarious.

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

Shapusen Profile Photo
Shapusen
#109re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:49pm

On an unrelated note:

We just got our autographed copy of Kerry's CD in the mail. Can't wait to leave work so I can listen to it!

Also, the seal on the CD is actually broken, like they gave Kerry a stack of sealed CDs and told her to go to town. Why not give her the CD jackets before they all got sealed? It's a nice touch though.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#110re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:58pm

Has anyone noticed that Xanadu is the only musical this season to cop a nomination for the Tony, the Drama Desk Award AND the Outer Critics Circle Award? I know, In the Heights was considered in last year's tallies, but, technically, I think a point can be made for our favorite show. Come on, Xanadu marketing team, thar's gold in them thar hills!

Also-It got the Drama League nomination as well, so it swept the awards for nominations, and it just tied (but still won!)the OCC. Huzzah! May it win its Tony!

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#111re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 1:09pm

Shapusen-

That's exactly what they did so they could get them all out in a timely manner for those that pre-ordered!

broadwayjim42
#112re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 2:30pm

Last time I was there in January...on a Thursday, the night of the Barnes and Noble signing in fact...the mezzanine was pretty empty too. Made me a little sad, but it keeps on plugging.

Our little show that could....

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#113re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 2:35pm

Everyone NEEDS to watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_dk2LwUKo

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
broadwayjim42
#115re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 3:06pm

How often do they do this Lincoln Center Archives thing?

The 29th is one of the nights I might be going...ooh baby.

BNN
#116re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 3:09pm

I feel like the Lincoln Center might collapse into a black hole once Xanadu is recorded.

But all jokes aside, that is the greatest thing I've heard about anything ever.

Tick Tock

Shapusen Profile Photo
Shapusen
#117re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 8:41pm

Please, for the love of God, someone tell us they saw this.

re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Best Week Ever Caption This

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#118re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 10:16pm

I'll tell you what, Cheyenne's face is doing a Tony worthy performance right there - I can't stop laughing!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#119re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/15/08 at 10:37pm

My agent boss and her agent friend were complaining about Xanadu getting so many noms so now I annoy her by singing "And now, open your eyes and see, what we have made is real. We are in Xanadu." Take that!

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#120re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/16/08 at 12:19am

Was anyone else at Kerry's CD signing today? Sounded so good !

Kerry + Disney = LOVE !!!! Aaaahhhhhh

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#121re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/16/08 at 2:02am

FYI - the May 29th performance (aka the Lincoln Center Archives performance) is on tdf. Wish I could go!

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#122re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/16/08 at 3:05am

Does this mean "Xanadu" will be broadcast or no?

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#123re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/16/08 at 3:33am

No re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!) Just recorded for posterity.

Ed_Mottershead
#124re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 5/16/08 at 6:19am

Cheyenne has to put up with a lot, doesn't he? Nothing against Harvey, but . . . . . .

BroadwayEd