pixeltracker

IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY IN GREASE!

IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY IN GREASE!

choderman
#1IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY IN GREASE!
Posted: 6/26/08 at 12:10am

Producers of the show announced today that Sandy and Danny will be played by Ashley Spencer and Derek Keeling. Such a great combo! I think they will bring great energy to the show.!

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#2re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 12:20am

old news.

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#2re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 12:22am

Well, 2 days ago they said that it was "likely", but now it's confirmed. I really want this to close in 2009.

gypsy4
#3re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 12:26am

Why? I know the show isn't that great but why in 2009 why not in two weeks.

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#4re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 12:28am

Because, with its current grosses, it won't close this month, this summer, or even this year. By 2009, it will get slower, and will close.

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#5re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 12:31am

I wish it would close now & everyone involved should be delivered a bitch slap by Patti and after that Arthur should them in the foot, too insure this **** NEVER happens again.

Updated On: 6/26/08 at 12:31 AM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#6re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 12:52am

I wish mtf3 could close tonight. Oh well.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#7re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 1:16am

It's really sad that people are wishing shows would close and put people out of work. Yay for unemployment!

If you don't like it then don't see it. But don't wish for people to lose their jobs. It's sad and pathetic.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

KristenF
#8re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 6:44am

I know that Ashley and Derek are going to be great! They will bring something different to the show, which will help keep it going. I can't wait to see them perform!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#9re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 8:26am

I hate to admit this, but Ashley and Derek will get me and a lot of other people to see this show again. This disaster may run longer than we think...

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#10re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 9:41am

I think both of them will be great in their roles.

Wishing Janine a wonderful opening night tonight as Rizzo!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

choderman
#11re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 9:45am

Nothing OLD about it! It was just "officially" announced today.

choderman
#12re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 9:47am

You must be one of those people who wished they would have auditioned for the show. lol

All the negatively about the shows comes from most of those people.

The show is doing great! Do you ever read the paper?

NYCboy2 Profile Photo
NYCboy2
#13re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 9:51am

Because, with its current grosses, it won't close this month, this summer, or even this year. By 2009, it will get slower, and will close.

I did not know that you are a psychic too aside from being a linguist. I am with blaxx, i wish you close your mouth! nothing useful comes out of your damn mouth!
Updated On: 6/26/08 at 09:51 AM

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#14re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 10:09am

It's official: ENTIRE SENTENCES WRITTEN IN CAPS FOR EMPHASIS ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A MEDIOCRE MIND!!!!!!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

choderman
#15re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 1:24pm

Well Borstal, I guess this "mediocre" mind got your attention didn't it? I just can't really understand why people have to be so rude. I hope you have a great day!!!!! (Lots of exclamation points)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#16re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 1:27pm

Am I the only one slightly amused by your user name?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#17re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 7:07pm

Getting back on track, anyone know if Austin Miller was ever offered the role? He was the runner-up Danny.
Broadway Mouth: 2007-2008 Season, Part 2: What Makes for a Broadway Hit (Stand Aside Oprah, This is the Real Secret)

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#18re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 7:18pm

I doubt it. As far as I know he said he would never take the role. I remember reading an interview where he mentioned he'd be happy if he never heard "Hand Jive" again.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#19re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 7:42pm

Austin Miller = Bitter Betty

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#20re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/26/08 at 9:14pm

Austin was in a show called "Trip of Love" that had a try out in Osaka, Japan. The creators want to take this show to Broadway but I heard it's not ready for Broadway standard.

lisa7
#21re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/29/08 at 1:26pm

I am sure they will do a great job
Updated On: 6/29/08 at 01:26 PM

Dollypop
#22re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/29/08 at 1:34pm

Maybe when the show closes, Max Crumm can get his eyebrows shaped.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#23re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I
Posted: 6/29/08 at 1:58pm

"Eris, do you know for certain he was not offered the role? Or are you a friend of his and have the inside scoop?

Maybe he was offered the role and turned it down?"

Austin? I have no idea if an offer came or not. But I do know he didn't want to take the role. The article that I mentioned in my previous post came out just after the reality show ended and I recall reading it at that point. Also, according to someone I know, he recently commented that he'd never take the role. I don't have all the details on that. Most of my knowledge are based on the article and little things that have slipped through the grapevine. I don't have any real inside info and Austin and I are not friends.

I'm kind of doubting an offer even came because, to my understanding, he's made it clear that he didn't want it.

I think the right decision was made but I'm very biased. re: IT'S OFFICIAL...ASHLEY SPENCER AND DEREK KEELING NEXT DANNY AND SANDY I

Article

Videos