pixeltracker

BWW Video Preview: [title of show]

BWW Video Preview: [title of show]

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 7:44pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.cfm?colid=30445&a=on

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#2re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 7:46pm

If this closes before I get to see it - I'll be so upset

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#2re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 7:49pm

They picked goo songs to show in it but I would've liked to see more...

Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 7:53pm

Here's another video I linked in a another thread with some of the same footage, but some different stuff too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TswUU7h-cs

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#4re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 8:06pm

Is it just me or does it sound like a really bad laugh track over 'sweeter'...we've been over this, the line is 'sweeter'"?

mauriposa
#5re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 8:42pm

This footage makes me really question if the show can hold up in a bigger theater. I hope it can, but it just seems too small and homespun to compete in a big house like that.

Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 8:46pm

Mauri, keep in mind that the Lyceum is usually the home to plays, not musicals. It's not a very large house. The one-man show, I AM MY OWN WIFE, played a successful run there just a few years ago, so a musical with four cast members isn't such a super small fit for this house.

-Kad

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#7re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 8:46pm

This video actually made me want to see the show!!

<<<
And provided my new avatar. re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#8re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 8:47pm

It does kind of sound like a laugh track.

During '525, 600 people all loving our show', I'm assuming there'd be SOME laughter and there's none I can hear. That's one of the jokes that most of audience actually understood.

A lot of similair footage to that other video floating around, but I'm glad they included the part about something kick ass happening every minute. I love it.

mauriposa
#9re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 8:49pm

Foster- I'm glad to hear that. I've never been to the Lyceum, so I really didn't know what to expect. I'm planning on visiting it in September, though, if the show holds out until then. Its current numbers really concern me.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#10re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 8:59pm

It's a very good sized theater for it. It is a very small theater. And the 525,600 joke got lots of laughs.

taylorPHENOMENON2
#11re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 9:16pm

Drunk Chita Rivera, it did when I saw it as well, but I meant in the video specifically. I was just commenting on the fact that some of the laughter may have been edited in/out.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#12re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 9:18pm

Yeah I know you were talking about the video. I was just saying that it does get laughs in the theater (not knowing you had seen it)

BustopherPhantom Profile Photo
BustopherPhantom
#13re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 9:22pm

A little too "tears and schmaltz" for me.

And how did "525,600 people all lovin' our show!" not get a laugh?

"Y'know, I think Bertolt Brecht was rolling in his grave."
-Nellie McKay on the 2006 Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, in which she played Polly Peachum

SweetSoprano
#14re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 9:24pm

I wish they showed a song clip of "Die Vampire, Die!" but it made me want to see the show again. "A Way Back To Then" is such a great song!

You're that little girl with her wings unfurled, flying again. Back in your backyard dancing...I found a way back to then. - [title of show]

Kaybee Profile Photo
Kaybee
#15re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 9:26pm

keep it positive mauriposa! All we can do is tell 9 people, cross our fingers and go along for the ride.

The show reads beautifully in the Lyceum, I hope everyone will go and buy a ticket and see for themselves rather than just taking our word for it! haha.

That video is great, good highlights and great songs. I am also assuming that the footage was taken without an audience- As I have seen the show 5 times now (5?!?!? FIVE!) I can almost count on where laughs fall, the length of them and the underlying "haha v. hehe" meaning after punchlines. Most DEF a laugh track in this vid.

xo
kb

heathurrr
#16re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]

"And provided my new avatar"

Ooh, Wicked_beast... now you're putting the idea of a shirtless Heidi Blickenstaff avatar in my head! LOL. re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

Dearest, how can this be so? You were dead, you know. - Candide

Oh my god, this show has everything! Half naked guys and girl on girl action! - [title of show]

(My avatar? Why, yes! That is Laura Benanti making out with a chick!)

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#17re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]

I. NEED. TO. SEE. THIS! =]

I love [tos]
Heidi, Susan, Hunter and Jeffie= LOVE. =]

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

taylorPHENOMENON2
#18re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 9:27pm

How much do I love the shirtless Heidi moment. SO MUCH.

I want some "awkward photo shoot" clippage! Totally dug that song.

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#19re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 10:03pm

Why didn't [tos] go into the Circle in the Square? It seems like a perfect fit.

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#20re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/27/08 at 10:06pm

This actually made me really want to see this!

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#21re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/28/08 at 12:55am

Except for Heidi... I feel like the show would come off less smug if professional actors were hired to play the characters... I get the magic of having the creators perform the show... it's sweet... cute... but they don't seem able to add the level of sophistication needed to transcend it's amateur origins. Not trying to be catty... just sayin'.

kmc

Jesus saves. I spend.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#22re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/28/08 at 12:58am

are you for ****ing real?

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#23re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/28/08 at 1:43am

I want to see this show so dang bad.

Why, oh why do they not have Wednesday shows? That is the day I'll be in the city next!

I must see this show soon.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#24re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]
Posted: 7/28/08 at 1:46am

Yup.
It's hard for me to tell if I the material is amateurish... or if it's the performers that make it seem that way.

Jesus saves. I spend.

Videos