Dining before Hair

phillyactor
#1Dining before Hair
Posted: 8/20/08 at 11:43am

Hey all,

What are the best restaurants around the Delacorte before seeing Hair this Saturday night? Price is not an issue. If this topic has been discussed please forward me the link to the other thread. Thanks.

FrontRowCenter2 Profile Photo
FrontRowCenter2
#2re: Dining before Hair
Posted: 8/20/08 at 11:55am

Very expensive, but oh so good - Eighty One (81) at CPW and 81st. Also Bistro Citron on Columbus, I think it's between 82nd and 83rd.
Updated On: 8/20/08 at 11:55 AM

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#2re: Dining before Hair
Posted: 8/20/08 at 12:14pm

Cheaper route:

Manhattan Diner at 79th and Broadway is good. Maybe the best burger I've had in NY so far.

There are pizza places and other stuff along Amsterdam and Columbus. Check out Lenny's for good sandwiches or salads.

dave1606
#3re: Dining before Hair
Posted: 8/20/08 at 12:18pm

I personally loved Calle Ocho...btwn 81st and 82nd on columbus. amazing cuban food. great atmosphere and good service!

Rymes_With_Witch Profile Photo
Rymes_With_Witch
#4re: Dining before Hair
Posted: 8/20/08 at 12:53pm

Isabella's on 77th and Columbus is good (though a bit pricey) and they have nice outdoor seating...Cilantro on 83rd and Columbus has great Southwest/Mexican dishes (and great margaritas!) and has midrange prices.

IAMWHATIAM Profile Photo
IAMWHATIAM
#5re: Dining before Hair
Posted: 8/20/08 at 1:50pm

I like Nice Matin on 79th & Amsterdam for French (but not stuffy French). Ruby Foo's on Broadway between 77th & 78th is ok, albeit very loud, for Pan-Asian/Asian fusion. There's a tiny, inexpensive Italian place called Celeste a bit farther up on Amsterdam between 84th & 85th (it takes no reservations, gets a big crowd at peak hours, but pre-theatre may work, oh, and they only take cash). Pinch & S'Mac on Columbus between 82nd & 83rd is casual and fun (pizza by the inch and mac & cheese (and salads)).

jrby, I think the diner you are referring to is on Broadway & 77th, not 79th. The diner between 78th & 79th, New Wave, is really terrible, and not in the good terrible diner way.

Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love

goldswann Profile Photo
goldswann
#6re: Dining before Hair
Posted: 8/20/08 at 2:42pm

If you like Thai, there's a great restaurant called Land which is on Amsterdam between 81st and 82nd. Then get some yummy ice cream for dessert from Emack & Bolio's on Amsterdam between 78th & 79th!

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#7re: Dining before Hair
Posted: 8/20/08 at 4:47pm

I was just going to suggest Land. The last time I ate there (East side location, not West), I had the satay appetizer, and the salmon entree. Both were delicious. They cook everything very well.

Videos