Title of Show

gypsyrose2 Profile Photo
gypsyrose2
#1Title of Show
Posted: 9/1/08 at 8:54pm

I just saw this show and cannot understand what all the fuss is about. Am I the only person who finds this show completely overrated?

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#2re: Title of Show
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:02pm

I like title of show. Updated On: 9/1/08 at 09:02 PM

broadwayfan3
#3re: Title of Show
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:05pm

I love the show!

Many of the jokes are very exclusive, and if you don't understand them, the show probably will not be very funny to you...but as for the people who understand the jokes and find them funny, the night is filled with almost non-stop laughing.

"Bitch I don't know your life"-Andre Ward, Xanadu

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#4re: Title of Show
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:06pm

It's my favorite.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: Title of Show
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:07pm

I absolutely adore this show.

My parents saw it last night, they know absolutely nothing about theatre and they completely fell in love with the show.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 9/1/08 at 09:07 PM

gypsyrose2 Profile Photo
gypsyrose2
#6re: Title of Show
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:13pm

Broadwayfan3, I do get the jokes but I just don't think it's that funny. I guess it's just me :)

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#7re: Title of Show
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:16pm

I just saw it Saturday and I loved it, as did my two friends.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

feline0favenueB2 Profile Photo
feline0favenueB2
#8re: Title of Show
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:18pm

I love [title of show], I think its is BRILLIANT!

Saw the 7/20 mat.

Long live [tos]

Elphabatize Profile Photo
Elphabatize
#9re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:34pm

I've seen the show twice already and have plans to seeing a few more times. It's not for everyone but I thoroughly enjoy it! But you're entitled to your opinion...
Updated On: 9/1/08 at 09:34 PM

taylorPHENOMENON2
#11re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:42pm

PLEASE stop. If this is a joke, sorry, it's overdone. And if you're serious, wikipedia that ****.

[tos]fan999 Profile Photo
[tos]fan999
#13re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:55pm

And if you're serious, wikipedia that ****.

I will always remember that as my all time favorite [title of show] show moment.

<-----Bernadette Peters and Alexander Hanson in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC.

Send in the clowns...Send in the crowds!

"I prefer neurotic people. I like to hear rumblings beneath the surface."-Stephen Sondheim

AlgonquinProd2 Profile Photo
AlgonquinProd2
#14re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:57pm

It's a cute show, cleverly written, but it belongs in an Off Broadway house. Had it been sent there it might have played for years. As it is, it is drawing less than 50% and I believe it needs a miracle to run through September. I wish them well, though.

Broadway Baby 2
#15re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/1/08 at 10:35pm

I dont like the show. I just dont think that it is Broadway quality. I belings off Broadway. People who pay the price for a Broadway show deserve alot more than that show gives. The music is not that good, there is no orchestra, no story, no set and I think only two of the cast members are talented enough to be on Broadway. I am sorry tossers.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#16re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/1/08 at 10:37pm

I think only two of the cast members are talented enough to be on Broadway.

Heidi and who?

taylorPHENOMENON2
#17re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/1/08 at 10:40pm

but it belongs in an Off Broadway house. Had it been sent there it might have played for years.

It was Off-broadway before.

Broadway Baby 2
#18re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/1/08 at 11:01pm

I dont want to name the two. The show would run for years at New World Stages.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#19re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/1/08 at 11:15pm

If only the "standard of talent" rule you speak of could be applied as a "standard of grammar" rule in order to post on this board...

And "no story?" Really? You do know that it's not really being written as you watch it, right? I mean, they're very talented in making it seem like the story is unfolding as the show progresses, but there IS a script. Oh wait... scratch that... they're "not talented" as per your post.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock
Updated On: 9/1/08 at 11:15 PM

TonyVincent
#20re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/2/08 at 6:58am

I dont want to name the two.

Then don't post about it. Your opinion's not precious enough to be so aloof.

broadwayjim42
#21re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/2/08 at 7:37am

I love the show to death...few have made me laugh harder and moved me more in recent memory...but I kinda share the opinion that it could run forever off-Broadway and like BroadwayBaby suggests, at New World Stages.

Is there such a thing as a reverse transfer?

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#22re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/2/08 at 9:44am

"Am I the only person who finds this show completely overrated?"

No, you are not alone. I don't get all the fuss either, and I don't know anyone peronally who does. My in-laws saw it recently, one thought it was "cute but nothing special" and the other fell asleep. A co-worker walked out before it was over. And these people are avid theater-goers. I don't understand how some people are saying it is a moving experience. I found it to be devoid of emotion with characters that I did not at all care about.

broadwayjim42
#23re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/2/08 at 10:00am

Every theatregoing experience is a very personal one and I'm one of those who has been deeply affected by the show.

It's been repeated ad infinitum on this and other threads, but the concept of vampires the show uses to express doubts, insecurities, fears really hit home with me. I'm full of them and I know I'm not alone. And somehow seeing and hearing it illustrated on stage just reinforces that and in that sense, I've never identified with a show this much.

Besides that, I just plain find it funnier than hell.

Trina55
#24re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/2/08 at 10:45am

I hope so! I've thought this too. It sort of needed to hit Broadway to finish its story. But now that it has, they should keep that material in and move it back to an Off-Broadway house so it can enjoy a long life. I think NWS is a brilliant idea. any chance they'd actually do it?

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#25re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/2/08 at 11:31am

Well "August: Osage County" moved theaters. I'd like to see it stay on Broadway for the sake of the TONY noms I'm sure it'll get. Not like it even has to be said, but: I wish the Helen Hayes were available...

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

TonyVincent
#26re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/2/08 at 12:06pm

I like this show a lot (saw it twice), but I really don't see it getting Tony love. Book, maybe. Musical, possibly. Music? Nah. Acting? Unlikely. Design categories? Obviously not.

The fact that it opened 11 months before the Tonys (a la Xanadu) won't help either.

Insider2 Profile Photo
Insider2
#27re: [title of show]
Posted: 9/2/08 at 2:55pm

For the love of God, how many threads about this horrendous show do we need?????????

Videos