I JUST DON'T GET IT!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 12:43am

Today is September 7, 2008. RENT closed this evening. Why hasn't the internet exploded???

I only see THREE threads regarding RENT's final day. I mean I am just TOTALLY in awe here. What's up with that??

I feel...oddly...somewhat disappointed...(yet still quite pleased!)

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#2re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 12:47am

Were you on the board earlier today? (yesterday)

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 12:49am

Nope...

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#4re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 1:14am

I counted 12 (13 with this one) threads out of the first 50 that are RENT related...

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#5re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 1:14am

What's worse is RENT closed barely 12 hours ago and this:

re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!

is gracing BWW's header.

slam.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#6re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 2:32am

That is terrifying. Only thing scarier is the knowledge that when I wake up in six or so hours, there will be pages of useless threads on the exact same subject. Lots of posts is one thing, it's over, it has a huge fanbase, I get it. But why take up so much boardroom? Enough is enough. Preemptively speaking, of course, since right now the OP is right: there's a surprising lack of over-Rentness.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#7re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 1:26pm

Like most popular shows, anything Rent-related will be criticized. Too few threads, too many threads, it doesn't matter.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#8re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 1:46pm

It closed because no one cared any more.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 9/8/08 at 01:46 PM

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#9re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 1:46pm

I'm still surprised some R---head didn't set themselves on fire in front of the theater, Buddhist monk-style.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#10re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 1:57pm

So when does BBW put up headlines for shows that open out of town?

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#11re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 2:11pm

Most people are probably afraid of the big wigs on here who will likley belittle them if they do post their thoughts.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

stupidbeans
#12re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 2:12pm

I think there have been plenty of rent therads

"And We Have A Shepherd's Pie Peppered With Actual Shepherd On Top" - Mrs. Lovett, Sweeney Todd
Updated On: 9/8/08 at 02:12 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#13re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 2:14pm

"I think there have been plenty of ren therads"

But not enough Stimpy threads.

(You still didn't spell threads right)

I guess only 50 people cared that it closed:

Story

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 9/8/08 at 02:14 PM

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#14re: I JUST DON'T GET IT!
Posted: 9/8/08 at 2:15pm

Uh yeah, thanks to you!

Videos