pixeltracker

Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....

Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....

Colleenya Profile Photo
Colleenya
#1Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/9/08 at 7:17pm

YES, I probably do have too much time on my hands....

My confession is that I have tickets for THREE shows the opening week in Providence (anyone interested in mid to rear orchestra on Saturday night or loge on Friday? Two seats available for either/or....for what I paid...I am starting to feel guilty for indulging myself for THREE SHOWS!!!)

Anyway....back to the pondering....

We have heard there is no "window" set for the opening. Any ideas or predictions on how they will do this scene?

Also....there isn't any trap door stuff. Or so I have heard. Will the Greek Chorus arrive in a puff of smoke?

I cannot wait until September 21st!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/9/08 at 7:23pm

My guess is that any of the entrances that were made from the trap door (like Elle's first entrance, the Greek chorus, etc.), will be made from the back of the stage, moving forward.

I'm also quite curious how they'll restage the opening scene. I liked the windows.

wicked4l
#2re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/9/08 at 7:37pm

I talked to a cast member yesterday, and he said that the girls just run around screaming about the card for Elle in the beginning instead of the house=lame.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#3re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/9/08 at 7:41pm

I think the should have had they house spilt in 2 instead of flown in. Cut it right down the middle so then a stage crew can push each side to the wings. So no house...does this mean no walk way with the pole?

Make Sense?
Updated On: 9/9/08 at 07:41 PM

Colleenya Profile Photo
Colleenya
#4re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/9/08 at 7:51pm

I really like the "Wait for me!!" thing.

They will keep it, somehow. Right?

Byron Abens
#5re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/9/08 at 10:06pm

If the window unit is gone then I'm guessing the "wait for me" moment will be gone as well, since it's that balcony unit that is probably the reason the windows are gone. Flying platforms are hard to tour with as they take up a lot of space and load in time and you can't always guarantee that the grids in all the road houses will be able to accommodate them.

Automation and trap doors are the first things that will get cut when a show goes out on the road and decides to scale back, as a show deck also takes up a lot of space on a truck and a lot of load-in time as well.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#6re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/9/08 at 10:23pm

I think the line will be there, but obviously no one is gonna slide down a pole in a robe and magically appear full dressed. Someone may lag behind, yell "wait for me!" and run to catch up with the girls.

dacvingwolf
#7re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/9/08 at 11:27pm

Or, from what I've seen in a magic show, they could have the guy all dressed and robed up, and run behind one of those dressing panels and out pops the girl!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#8re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/10/08 at 12:51am

No house on tour? That sucks. It makes for a fantastic opening picture.

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#9re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/10/08 at 7:33pm

I really hate when they go cheap for the tour. Do they realize 75% of their audience will be expecting the house because they saw in on MTV and will be greatly disappointed? That's NOT a great way to start your show, disappointing your audience. When I saw scenes from the broadcast, I thought the house was great.

Another reason to live in NYC. :)
Broadway Mouth: 20 Great Broadway Songs of the Past 10 Years: “Ohmigod You Guys”

ejgirls89
#10re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/10/08 at 9:58pm

I'm interested in seeing what happens :) I'm going opening night, so I'll be sure to report back! As I'm sure others will, as well :)

Because I don't want to start a new thread: I am making scrapbooks for some of the girls about their journeys on LBTM the search for elle woods (wow thats a long title!) and I'm having trouble finding pictures of the different 'auditions' throughout the seasons. Anyone know where I can look besides the MTV site? I tried making screen caps but they turned out horrible. I need them of rhiannon and lauren. thanks!

--jen--

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#11re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/10/08 at 10:00pm

Well I know Lauren did not like being on that show very much, so a scrap book of it doesn't seem like the best idea.

ejgirls89
#12re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/10/08 at 10:10pm

really? oh re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings.... i just spend a lot of money getting all the scrapbook stuff!

back to michaels to return it all re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....

--jen--

broadwayboy522
#13re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/10/08 at 10:20pm

I'm sure even if they weren't the biggesst fan of the show I think they would still appreciate the fact that a fan took the time to make it for them and they would probably really like it even if they didn't like the show.

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#14re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:24pm

I'm sure the they'll have the what looks like the lifted platform in the show, but instead of a canvas drop. I hope you know what I'm talking about. I guess the only best example I can is in Hairspray on Broadway the balloons in the school dance scene appear 3D, on tour they were painted canvas.

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

ohjustjake
#15re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
Posted: 9/11/08 at 12:10am

I agree with whoever said they should have the facade of the house split in 2.

I think instead of a show curtain, they should just have the house as the curtain - basically it's there when you walk in, they start the show from the windows, and just bring the house out again at the end of act 1 and whatever.

Videos